PDA

View Full Version : Calisthetics Training

Jodo
04-11-2003, 08:02 AM
Since I don't have access to any machines or equipment I was wondering if anybody can tell me some good calisthetic exercises.

Thanks!

Shaolin-Do
04-11-2003, 08:06 AM
wrist push ups are great for drilling power on punches... just do push ups with the back of your hands on the ground, palms up, fingers pointed towards the middle...
Dips between chairs is great too... put feet on one, hands on the other, dip down and up...
hmmm... of course sit ups and gut busters...
take a deep breath, put one hand against a wall, and use all your force trying to push it down while exhaling hard enough to make a "tssss" noise, inhale, repeat.
Finger tip push ups....
If you dont have enough $ for full equipment, just a 20 and 30 lb dumb bell can add a whole new set of workouts...

Jodo
04-11-2003, 08:18 AM
How would you do gut busters?

All the other stuff sounds great, I will start as soon as possible.

Shaolin-Do
04-11-2003, 08:23 AM
gut busters - lay on your back, hands behind your head like you were napping. Feet stay 6 inches above the floor at all times. Raise feet to a 90 degree angle keeping legs straight then lower back down to 6 in. above ground.
Hand stand push ups work great, but hey are hard as hell...
If you have the balance, do a handstand, touch head to ground, and then push back up. If you cant balance, use a wall to keep yourself up or a friend.
To work gut busters better, have a friend stand over you, feet to both sides of your head. Hold their feet for leverage, do gut busters, but when you get to the top, have them push your feet back towards the ground.
If you can tho, just get 1 dumb bell or something (whatever weight you are comfortable with) to do rowers pulls, curls, tricept lifts... ect....

Jodo
04-11-2003, 08:33 AM
Would it work, using a substitute for the dumbell, if you used a bag and put some rocks or books or whatever?

Shaolin-Do
04-11-2003, 08:44 AM
err... maybe... but then you have to remember that the weight wont be balanced, and the awkward (sp?) sways could be detrimental to your joints.

fa_jing
04-11-2003, 09:39 AM
Jumping jacks

Robinf
04-11-2003, 10:13 AM
http://www.trainforstrength.com/exercises.shtml

Jodo
04-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Thanks!!!

If you have any other tips or suggestions on this please reply.

Kempo Guy
04-11-2003, 11:57 AM
Thumbs up for SCRAPPER's routines!
BTW, his new "Mod 1" package rocks.