PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering...

Zhuge Liang
04-11-2003, 12:36 PM
Why is it that some of you otherwise logical people attempt to communicate with blatant trolls? Why is it that you even bother to ask them to justify their positions and/or opinions? Their only positions is to try to get a rise out of you. Other than that, have they EVER constructively contributed ANYTHING to this forum? It's not about facts, or logic, or history, or even Wing Chun. It's about attention. And that's all it is. Do you think this trend will end any time soon? If not, I suggest using the ignore feature and saving your time for people worth communicating with.

Just MHO,

Regards,
Zhuge Liang

Grendel
04-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Zhuge Liang
Why is it that some of you otherwise logical people attempt to communicate with blatant trolls? Why is it that you even bother to ask them to justify their positions and/or opinions? Their only positions is to try to get a rise out of you. Other than that, have they EVER constructively contributed ANYTHING to this forum? It's not about facts, or logic, or history, or even Wing Chun. It's about attention. And that's all it is. Do you think this trend will end any time soon? If not, I suggest using the ignore feature and saving your time for people worth communicating with.

Just MHO,

Regards,
Zhuge Liang
Zhuge Liang,

Stop trolling! :D

foolinthedeck
04-11-2003, 04:47 PM
can you please explain 'trolling' i know what a troll is, i've been to norway and seen a few but what is trolling?

Stevo
04-11-2003, 04:59 PM
I think it might be an adaptation of the fishing term, which means dragging a lure behind a boat, so it probably refers to saying something designed to annoy or excite people into "biting".

yuanfen
04-11-2003, 05:06 PM
when you fast fjord forward through emptiness and ever so often mumble shaolin, shaolin and you lie down on the ground until the urge to do wing chun passes and you hear the sound of the tao you may indeed be trolling.

foolinthedeck
04-11-2003, 05:08 PM
oh thats a relief, i thought i was getting old and out of touch