PDA

View Full Version : never vomiting

rubthebuddha
04-11-2003, 12:52 PM
not the most pleasant of topics, but i haven't vomited since i was 12 -- about 13 years ago. i rarely get that nauseous feeling like i might want to chowder, and when i do, it's very mild and never amounts to anything coming up. i have had my share of unpleasantries on evacuation out the backside, much of that dealing with a less than ideal diet. however, i've had food poisoning a several times and even was one of the lucky beneficiaries of jack in the box' e. coli-tainted meat back when i was 14. however, through five days of abdominal hell (****ting blood every hour or two) from the e. coli and everything else, i've never yarfed.

is this a bad thing?

Guile
04-11-2003, 12:58 PM
Sounds like you would be a roller coaster hero

Suntzu
04-11-2003, 01:02 PM
went to college… never drunk much huh??? I cant see what kind of problem it would cause….

rubthebuddha
04-11-2003, 01:21 PM
nah, never drank much in college -- never in quantity to give my liver a workout, much less my diaphragm.

what i'm worried about is that yarfing is the natural reflex to get rid of ungoodness before it can cause problems inside. if i don't yarf up the ungoodness, then it works it's way through my system, possibly botching up something important, before it becomes a rocket out my backside.

and i'm fine on roller coasters, but i have an irritating fear of heights. not one to make me nauseous, but one to make me frightened and, at times, angry.

Laughing Cow
04-11-2003, 02:27 PM
Only time I used to throw up was when my stomach ulcer gave me severe problems.

Threw up once in my life from drinking too much and that was about 13yrs ago.

Cheers.

StarBoy
04-11-2003, 07:06 PM
I've never heard of not vomiting being a bad thing. I mean, there are some situations where you should induce vomiting (certain kinds of poisoning, etc.) but if you ingest something and don't yak, that's your body's way of telling you "Hey, not bad!". As for going such a long time without yakking, I don't think it's a big deal. I haven't hurled in quite a while either (probably 7 years or so to be exact). Actually it was the first time I was seriously drunk (2 day hangover drunk). I also haven't gotten hungover since either, and that's definitely not a bad thing. :D

guohuen
04-12-2003, 08:09 AM
You won't have to worry about aspirating vomit.

Ford Prefect
04-14-2003, 08:49 AM
Same here. I can remember distincly the last time I puked that wasn't alcohol-related. I was 10 and it was food poisoning from the Lotus Blossum. I'm 25 now and can count on one hand the amount of times I threw up from drinking, and I used to party hard. Dunno. Guess some people just don't loose their lunch.

StarBoy
04-14-2003, 04:28 PM
You know, there have actually been studies conducted that show a possible resistance some people have to the negative effects of alcohol consumption. These studies focus on the higher rates of alcoholism in people with ancestry in the British Isles (England, Scotland, Ireland). The theory is that there is a genetic or evolutionary mechanism that gives people of these ancestries resistances to hangovers. By not having hangovers, the people don't have as strong of a deterrent from excessive drinking, so a predisposition to alcoholism develops. Interesting stuff...

dezhen2001
04-14-2003, 05:53 PM
i havent done that for a while either buddy... i guess sometimes people are more tolerant to things than others. if you have a good immune system and all i think you can tolerate much more scum than others.

As far as drinking - i havent drunk alcohol since i was 14 (im a Scot) :D

dawood