PDA

View Full Version : do u guys know enough MA to defend yourself?

Shaolin Dude
04-11-2003, 11:13 PM
no message

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-11-2003, 11:15 PM
against the elderly yes.

scotty1
04-11-2003, 11:18 PM
that would depend on my attackers level of skill / amount of experience / physical size.

SevenStar
04-12-2003, 12:02 AM
depends on the situation. I'm a big guy too, so I don't care about his size much, but is there more than one person, are weapons involved, etc.

shaolin kungfu
04-12-2003, 12:22 AM
Yes, but we only train against small children and kittens. I'm still having a little trouble with the kittens.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure that against the average guy on the street I'd come out on top. Against other martial artists i've had mixed results.

jon
04-12-2003, 12:51 AM
Im pretty much unstopable, there is however a minor exception. For some odd reason if im exposed to this bizare green rock i break down into fits of melodramatic pain.

Still soon as i find out where they mine that stuff - the earth is mine for the taking :eek:
Now stop asking stupid questions before i fly over there and humilate you infront of your family by kicking your ass wearing red and blue spandex. Not to mention the fact that i tend to wear my underwear on the OUTSIDE of my pants.

Unstoppable
04-12-2003, 01:34 AM
LOL Seems like EVERYONE is Unstoppable these days LOL ESPECIALLY ME (my name). :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

David
04-12-2003, 06:47 AM
I'm sure I can defend myself, mainly because I study kungfu and partly because I already had arms 'n' legs.

Unstoppable, your sig's website is hilarious. There must be no other MA school within 500 miles if NAMAT can get away with that bull. :rolleyes: :p

-David

shaolin kungfu
04-12-2003, 08:51 AM
http://www.geocities.com/namatkungfu/feature3.htm

HAHAHAHA!:D

Read the chinese kung fu part. :D

Former castleva
04-12-2003, 09:40 AM
lol Cool site.
Somehow this got the most out of me.
"Mike Tyson, famous brute and retard, is a prime example of a boxing "master"."
:D

Shuul Vis
04-12-2003, 12:04 PM
if i am in a situation where i absolutely have to hurt someone to defend myself then i think i can without any doubt. why? because if you have to hurt the attacker, and i mean in the depth of your being you know thats the only way, as in your life or loved ones are in jeopardy, then really hurting someone is easy.

Now if its just a fight where you know the guy isnt really out to kill you then i think its different. skill, size spirit..all that comes into play then in my opinion.

Chang Style Novice
04-12-2003, 01:48 PM
re: self defense

I dunno. There's only one way to find out for sure, and thankfully it hasn't come up yet.

re: NAMAT

Even without the Spider Web Qi field you guys are hilarious. "Professionally Accredited Philosopher (Socrates Grade)"?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

TjD
04-12-2003, 01:56 PM
provided there aren't weapons involved, its 1 on 1 and my attacker isnt a gigantic brute with years of experience in fighting i'll be arrogant and say i could defend myself.

if i can get a couple strikes in, i'm all set.
float like a butterfly, hit like a mack truck baby.

i could mabye take two people if they had no clue what they were doing and just angry attackers :) 3 if they were crippled :D

Unstoppable
04-13-2003, 02:44 AM
Oh No Not this again. :( :( :(

PLEASE CAN We not spend Our whole Time mkaing fun of my school in Every thing I TRY to talk about. Nomatter where or When i go someone Always starts makign fun and it alsways turns into EVeryone Bashing Unstoppable s school and not letting me Contribute on Forums.. Sam aes with Shaolin Do, TKD, and all Others that get made fun of. People From those Schhools MAs have something To Contribute as well. Lets just talk self Defense.

BACK TO THE TOPIC PLEASE GUYS

in My Training my Sifu always says that the Best way to Prepare for street and the most Important thing is to Mentally Prepare. For Example visualise Street Situations and being Frightened and try to train when you Are frightened and imagining the Street Situation and try get a taste (obviousa not the real) of the Type of Pressure from the street.

shaolin kungfu
04-13-2003, 03:41 AM
Go to this section of the namat site and you will see KFO. Apparently, we are nothing but trolls and liars. :rolleyes:

I hope your kidding about that being your school. I thought you were making a joke by putting it in your sig.

Unstoppable
04-13-2003, 04:39 AM
I Don't try to Get involvewd in the Politics of my school Just Train. I d o not make Website only Sifu and Web Desginer to (not me).

Yes it s My schoo l Can we just Drop It. Thanks.

shaolin kungfu
04-13-2003, 04:54 AM
Do you honestly beleive all the things that your sifu tells you? I sure hope not.

David
04-13-2003, 05:05 AM
Leave it, guys. His school's website is a private matter and it's not for us to pass judgement.

-David

Cranestyle
04-13-2003, 05:44 AM
"The styles were Snake, Crane, Tiger, Panther and mighty Dragon. These were used to fight off different invaders ... Snake for Ninjas, Crane for Airborne pests, Tiger for Koreans, panther for Bandits and Vietnamese and Dragon for all others"

Hahahaha, best website ever.

halfling
04-13-2003, 07:08 PM
Never have I seen anything more amazing than that website.

Chang Style Novice
04-13-2003, 07:20 PM
Unstoppable - if you don't want us to criticize your school (or their website) why in the world did you POST IT?!