PDA

View Full Version : Question for Shaolindo

Richie
04-12-2003, 03:43 AM
Why do you study Shaolindo? There are so many good schools in Texas. Most people on this board know Shaolindo is no good. I saw some of their forms online, and they are bad. I do train in the styles they claim to do but I can still see that they are doing them wrong. I don't mean to sound like I am picking on you or Shaolindo but it isn't kung fu. It looks like bad kempo. You should find a different school.

SevenStar
04-12-2003, 04:28 AM
Despite the bad things that are heard about that style, I've also heard that they usually do put students through rigorour training, which may be all he's looking for.

Besides, as long as they have something that he considers useful to teach him, then he can't really go wrong.

(omg, am I defending the sd style?? :eek: I guess I just don't like seeing people get called out like that)

shaolin kungfu
04-12-2003, 04:45 AM
I think it's a valid question. SD seems pretty intent on calling it kung fu.

My opinion is that if the art did have useful techniques, it would not have to claim a phony lineage. Just look at BJJ.

SevenStar
04-12-2003, 05:15 AM
many kung fu styles claim phony lineage. some very renowned fighters have questionable forms. perfect example is John Tsai - he's an AWESOME fighter, nobody will deny that. BUT his forms work was always questionable.

And there are plenty of TMA schools who do their forms bad...

bjj doesn't claim phony lineage because they are the "put up or shut up" type. Also, it's not hard to trace where you trained. It's usually pretty public when someone achieves a brown or black belt in bjj.

Richie
04-14-2003, 11:26 AM
???

shaolin kungfu
04-14-2003, 11:27 AM
What is your question richie?

Water Dragon
04-14-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by shaolin kungfu
What is your question richie?

Probably wondering how he started a thread to rag on someone and ended up being the raggee.

Richie
04-14-2003, 11:46 AM
first off, how am I the raggee? Second, the question is in the first post, and it is for Shaolindo.

The Willow Sword
04-14-2003, 11:49 AM
gettiiiinnnng...ssssucked...in........cant...ergh: eek: suuubmittt.........cannntt...ressponnndd too thissssss.....errrgh.....must resisssssst. :confused: :confused: :eek:

shaolin kungfu
04-14-2003, 11:51 AM
Resistance is futile!

eulerfan
04-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Richie
I don't mean to sound like I am picking on you or Shaolindo but it isn't kung fu. It looks like bad kempo. You should find a different school.

I don't mean to sound like I'm picking on you but you should realize that you can't tell other people how to live their lives. It's not your DUTY to explain to other people what they should do. A little respect for SD's ability to make his own decisions.

There is simply no good reason for him to come to this thread and defend himself to you.

I certainly hope he doesn't.

The Willow Sword
04-14-2003, 12:15 PM
i ALMOST actually said something,,i almost got involved in this. whew im glad my discipline is still solid.;)

eulerfan
04-14-2003, 12:24 PM
Okay ghth, you and me, I'm calling you out. A virtual cyber challenge.

Let's see, how do we do this? I tell you that you have to come to Houston, right? Hmmmm. How can I make it harder for you? I'm only available to fight on the second thursday of the even months during the first signs of twilight.

Now, if you don't show, you are weak and my art wins!:D ;) :D ;)

KC Elbows
04-14-2003, 12:37 PM
If you need a judge, I can do it any third Friday for approximately 50 minutes, as that's when my parole officer has his tuba lessons. Although I will need someone to pick me up. And no matter how I beg, don't agree to take me within 500 feet of Jodi Foster's home, or my ankle thing will go off, and we'll all be in trouble.

Are we on?

KC Elbows
04-14-2003, 12:50 PM
Um, no one said anything about a fountain. I have some issues with fountains. And parks. I'd feel better if we did this somewhere private, like a winnebago. Does anyone have a winnebago?

shaolin kungfu
04-14-2003, 12:54 PM
but i can only be there during the latter half of december when the suns not up, as heat bothers my skin condition.

Shaolin-Do
04-14-2003, 12:54 PM
lol... I can say all I can as far as whether it is or isnt kung fu, or what you saw, go take a f*cking class... As for who did the forms, maybe they werent very good? If its not kung fu, then whats real kung fu? Our tiger-crane form is almost exactly like the one in the book by paladin press... stolen from a book? maybe. Kung fu? yes. Or maybe thats the only real kung fu form we have? hmm... Leaves my poor mind boggled.... not really. As for training, its pretty good training, the more you put in, of course the more you get. just like any martial art.
Oh yeah... pleasantly surprised by the support ;)

shaolin kungfu
04-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Be quiet, we're trying to plan something.

KC Elbows
04-14-2003, 01:02 PM
December's no good. I'll be recovering from frivolous plastic surgeries until well into February. How about Mother's Day, six years from now? That should be a Friday.

Shaolin-Do
04-14-2003, 01:08 PM
I should have a winnebago by then.

Richie
04-14-2003, 01:11 PM
Where does the Shaolin part come in? Tiger-crane isn't Shaolin.

KC Elbows
04-14-2003, 01:12 PM
If you show up with a bus and call it the winnebago-do, it's off.

shaolin kungfu
04-14-2003, 01:14 PM
He'll probably arrive in a gremlin and call it the true inheritor of the winnebago.

eulerfan
04-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by KC Elbows
December's no good. I'll be recovering from frivolous plastic surgeries until well into February. How about Mother's Day, six years from now? That should be a Friday.

Hold on, in six years I could very well be a mother. So, that's no good.

So, we need to plan this for a third friday that is also a second thursday. I believe this only happens inside the event horizon of a black hole. A quick search on google indicates there is a black hole in the center of this very galaxy. So, I think, just as soon as we get past this whole, 'can't exceed the speed of light' nonsense, we'll be able to procure a winnebego that will get us to the center of the Milky way in time for a simultaneous third friday/second thursday.

Hopefully, Jodi Foster won't be vacationing there at that moment.

ghth, you are going DOWN!!!

Shaolin-Do
04-14-2003, 01:15 PM
Quiet richie. we're busy.
Give me your definition of shaolin.
You mean specifically what the temples themselves consider shaolin?

KC Elbows
04-14-2003, 01:17 PM
I dunno. I have absolutely nothing to wear to an event horizon.

Shaolin-Do
04-14-2003, 01:18 PM
Flashy argile socks and nice silk White with black frog button Gi.

KC Elbows
04-14-2003, 01:21 PM
Then I'd be wearing the same thing as you, a singularity faux pas if I ever saw one. I'd never live that down.

Shaolin-Do
04-14-2003, 01:22 PM
Wait, Weve gone horribly off topic here.
Oh well...
Hmm......
I dont think I should hit my heavy bag with my right hand till I get surgery on my **** wrist...

eulerfan
04-14-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by KC Elbows
Then I'd be wearing the same thing as you, a singularity faux pas if I ever saw one. I'd never live that down.

Hey, it's not called a NAKED singularity fer nuttin'.

KC Elbows
04-14-2003, 01:24 PM
Who're you calling nuttin?

shaolin kungfu
04-14-2003, 02:41 PM
I think she's talking about you KC.

I'll be wearing black pants with a black t-shirt and a black rocawear overshirt with gray designes on it. That should go nicely with the background of space.

KC Elbows
04-14-2003, 02:44 PM
I'm thinking something with texture would be better, as no one will be able to see the outfit, what with light getting dragged into the event horizon and all, but at least I could have something cozy on.

eulerfan
04-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Ohhh, I think we should have the fights in one of those velcro rooms and all wear those velcro suits. So, if you throw somebody on the wall, they get stuck there.

That would make it interesting.

dezhen2001
04-14-2003, 04:02 PM
d@mn i dont mean to interrupt but THAT image is just a classic! :D Ive actually had a go on those and they rock! :D

dawood

shaolin kungfu
04-14-2003, 07:36 PM
the plan is to hold the fight in a velcro room on a winnebago in the center of the milky way on a third friday/second thursday. Ghth will have to get his transmorgifier working and put it on the winnebago.

There's just one more thing, what month and year.

KC Elbows
04-15-2003, 07:27 AM
It's on, now I just need to find a woman who will touch me. Perhaps my wife knows someone suitable.

fa_jing
04-15-2003, 09:02 AM
Good Thread!!

fa_jing
04-15-2003, 09:03 AM
If KFO ever moves to a new server again, we should definitely mark this thread to copy over to the new server.

eulerfan
04-15-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by ghthomason
At the age of 2, we start training them, while continously pumping them full of candy and sweets.

How can I be sure you won't secretly start training yours in the womb? Or worse, start training all your sperm right now?

shaolin kungfu
04-15-2003, 09:11 AM
Who else would call a Chinese top a "gi"?

A blind retard.

How can I be sure you won't secretly start training yours in the womb? Or worse, start training all your sperm right now?

Twins. One twin can watch the other in the womb to make sure that there is now premature training occuring. The suprivising twin will report to a third party judge at the end of every month.

You'll just have to trust that the sperm can not be trained.

fa_jing
04-15-2003, 09:23 AM
Well, actually drinking caffeine an hour before the act causes the little wriggly things to swim faster, so they say.

shaolin kungfu
04-15-2003, 09:27 AM
I don't think that would have any long term effects. Besides, it probably wouldn't help with martial arts.

fa_jing
04-15-2003, 09:37 AM
no, but it might help with Marital Arts?

also, said to be a method for increasing the likelihood of producing a boy - since the male-giving sperm swim a little faster already, but the girl-giving sperm live longer...

not that that's related, just wanted to give all the info in case somebody decides to try it.

shaolin kungfu
04-15-2003, 09:59 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me. When's the fight?

KC Elbows
04-15-2003, 10:16 AM
It's the perfect plan! There's no chance of any complication, due to the inherent stability in the surrogate motherhood field.

So, is the velcro suit hairies, and the wall is loopies, or the other way around? I don't want to get hurt because I'm wearing the same velcro substance as the wall. Especially with being so close to the singularity and all.

Sin The'
04-15-2003, 10:27 AM
Why do you converse with these unbelievers? Is not my path the path for you? The path for all? Do you not wish to learn the Golden ****roaches or how to develop your 6th sense? Only I, can give you that. These others offer nothing but exercises and games.

eulerfan
04-15-2003, 10:37 AM
Okay, but we have to have girl twins. Euler style is boobie intensive.

shaolin kungfu
04-15-2003, 10:44 AM
An 8 year-old with boobies?

Genetic engineering.

eulerfan
04-15-2003, 10:48 AM
And beef hormones.

I am in Texas, after all.

herb ox
04-15-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Sin The'
Grandmaster The' is probably the only person in the world with a comprehensive knowledge of the Shaolin system.

In your profile you claim to the the Grandmaster - if this is true, you are insulting yourself with your brash behavior. Why does a Grandmaster need quotes about himself to prove his superiority?

Furthermore, it seems you are causing trouble on a lighthearted thread - the participants statements are jovial and free from true malice. Your response, however, seems rather pointed.

In regards to the statement quoted above, it is an insult to the practicioners of the TRUE Shaolin systems - varied as they may be. But why am I defending the obvious? It simply needed to be said.

I acknowledge the term "Kung Fu" really translates to "a skill acquired thru much time spent in hard work and practice." As such, any form of concentrated practice qualifies as "kung fu" - like my "single finger bores the nostril" technique, which I have been practicing since infancy:p

Keep it light, Sin The' - for the good of your following!

Sin The'
04-15-2003, 11:03 AM
Young man,

Do you wish to join us in the Shaolin Do school? We can teach you real Shaolin martial arts like the Sanchin Kata and the Sai. If you will check my lineage on the Shaolin Do web page then you will see undisputed prrof that I am THE sole Grandmaster of Shaolin.

shaolin kungfu
04-15-2003, 11:07 AM
I'm pretty sure sin the' is not the real sin the'. He is probably someone from the boards who feels like being extremely sarcastic.

herb ox
04-15-2003, 11:15 AM
wookin' per nub in all de wrong places...

:p

Shaolin-Do
04-15-2003, 11:48 AM
lol... funny things...
Anyone who has met Sin knows he doesnt speak english that well. ;p

shaolin kungfu
04-15-2003, 11:52 AM
English is much more complicated than nuclear engineering.