PDA

View Full Version : why do there is a need of the six directional force

Phenix
04-12-2003, 09:09 AM
Why do there is a need of the six directional force?
Why do TaiJi need Peng
Why do Yee Chuan need the "figthing" force?

A ball foat in the water always has force vectors from up, down , left, right , forward, and backward. be it at dynamic or static.

In the water, without feel this six direction force, can one master the track of one's action?

yylee
04-12-2003, 11:06 AM
this is a story about a Wing Chun master, let's call him "Ah Dong"

One day a student of Ah Dong brought a friend to the kwoon. The friend was a Karate guy, quite a big built.

So the Karate guy took a chair and watched for a few minutes, all he saw was people standing on their own corners and doing some funny moves. The moves were nothing but hands going forward and backwards with some palm waving in between (he couldn't put that "waving" in better terms so he simply called it "waving").

Minutes passed by and the Karate guy got so bored, he started to wonder: "is this Kung Fu?"

Ah Dong noticed this Karate guy being somewhat puzzled, so he invited him to come forward and have a conversation.

Both the master and the visitor were quite gentle in nature. So the conversaion went quite smoothly. After a short chat Ah Dong asked: "let's have a little match. I'll throw you a punch at the chest level, I promise I won't hurt you. If you can block my punch or do whatever to evade, you win. How's that?"

The Karate guy thought this skinny Master must be joking. A straight punch can be blocked easily, he did hundreds of those blocks everyday in training. So he stood up and got ready to face that simple punch.

Turned out; the Karate used all his strength to block the punch and the punch still got through on target, still came in along a staight path. He tried a few times with Ah Dong but no matter what direction he tried, how much strength he used, the punch still got through, didn't seem to get detoured at all by his block.

I heard this story from a HK MA forum. The Karate guy later became a friend of Ah Dong, although he never got to learn Wing Chun.

Phenix
04-13-2003, 01:20 PM
YY,

I have heard this story also. And I belive it is a true one.

sometimes, IMHO, inadditional to dicussion about the history root. we need to looking into this type of stuffs.

People talk about paradigm shift. So where is this type of force come from? time, space, scientific? Nah, IMHO, it can't be . there are more in depth stuffs....

Fresh
04-13-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Phenix
Why do there is a need of the six directional force?

Because we live in a 3 dimensional world?

Phenix
04-13-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Fresh

Because we live in a 3 dimensional world?

Yup. :)

yylee
04-13-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Phenix
YY,
People talk about paradigm shift. So where is this type of force come from? time, space, scientific? Nah, IMHO, it can't be . there are more in depth stuffs....

agreed, forget time, space, scientific....

And, don't even think about combat. Combat thinking is pulling reverse gear, because one will end up getting one directional force plus lots of local muscle.

Be it Siu Lien or Siu Nim Tau, where does it imply combat?

IMHO, the first paradigm shift is about dropping this "combat" mentality, just start with a little training...

Phenix
04-13-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by yylee

agreed, forget time, space, scientific....

And, don't even think about combat. Combat thinking is pulling reverse gear, because one will end up getting one directional force plus lots of local muscle.

Be it Siu Lien or Siu Nim Tau, where does it imply combat?

IMHO, the first paradigm shift is about dropping this "combat" mentality, just start with a little training...

Agee.

The chinese says, " Marking the boat for memorized the position where the sword drown in the lake"

One need a GPS which can track the 3 diamention.