PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Hard Earned Tools

Shuul Vis
04-12-2003, 10:59 AM
A good fighter in kung fu or any martial art learns his system completely but understands that not everything in it is for him. He filters a few techniques that work extremely well for him and trains those until they are a natural part of him and his way of movement.

So lets hear it. What are your best moves for you personally? Can your side kick stop a car? Does your finger jab send people running? Does your tiger claw rip the bark off trees? Lets hear it.

For me its a lightning fast front snap kick to the gut or groin. I do this mostly after taking their space or root causing them to adjust their stance and as they are stepping to do just that i snap them in the groin or stomach since they are in a transition phase and its hard to see or counter.

Shuul Vis
04-12-2003, 11:00 AM
Also tell us how you train the techniques to make them so effective for you.

SevenStar
04-12-2003, 12:07 PM
tai otoshi
hiza guruma
tani otoshi
straight right
kimura
thai roundhouse
skip knee

I don't train them in any special way, just work them alot. They feel natural to me, so I run with them. I've got other throws that come pretty natural also, but the ones listed moreso than the others.

Kristoffer
04-12-2003, 12:12 PM
eLbow attacks

feel natural, lots of power. Simple and heavy conditioning by banging against trees/poles.

SifuAbel
04-12-2003, 02:53 PM
All of the above.

scotty1
04-12-2003, 07:41 PM
I photocopied my tool once.

David Jamieson
04-12-2003, 08:30 PM
posting your tool is frowned upon. :D

cheers

SevenStar
04-12-2003, 08:30 PM
I didn't think a copier would copy something so small...

scotty1
04-12-2003, 08:39 PM
"I didn't think a copier would copy something so small..."

...as your tool? Don't worry man, use the 200% button.

Just don't post it. :)

Shuul Vis
04-13-2003, 12:08 AM
i ask a serious question and you talk about your underage **** size? get off my post.

shaolin kungfu
04-13-2003, 12:11 AM
Relax man. All threads end up like this.

scotty1
04-13-2003, 02:04 AM
Its cool man he must be joking - he's friends with GDA I think. :)

SevenStar
04-13-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Shuul Vis
i ask a serious question and you talk about your underage **** size? get off my post.

shhhhh. we're having a discussion.

Shuul Vis
04-13-2003, 09:36 AM
yeah its ok man. ill just make sure i bring some diapers and a pacifier next time i try to talk about kung fu.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-13-2003, 09:57 AM
*steps between shuul and seven .... sees how much bigger both are than me .... sits down and cracks open a beer*

SevenStar
04-13-2003, 10:00 AM
yeah its ok man. ill just make sure i bring some diapers and a pacifier next time i try to talk about kung fu.

don't forget the powder, some people rash easily. you can have the pacifier though, maybe it'll keep you quiet.

SevenStar
04-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
*steps between shuul and seven .... sees how much bigger both are than me .... sits down and cracks open a beer*

LOL *goes to the fridge and grabs a Mountain Dew*

what better way to initiate the new guy than intro him to thread hijacking, right?

Shuul Vis
04-13-2003, 10:03 AM
there is NOTHING like a freshly powdered bottom.

SevenStar
04-13-2003, 10:05 AM
agreed. It makes my day better!

SevenStar
04-13-2003, 10:06 AM
what the heck does your name mean?

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-13-2003, 10:08 AM
off the top of my head i'd say back jab, verticlal sinking punch, head butt, side kick, thai to some degree, and the ear rip.

i dont get to do the ear rip full force obviously, but i tend to go for it every time its open. no special training ... just feel comfortable with the above techniques through bag work, lots of extremely slow reps, slow and fast sparring. i also work these techniques against a brick wall, but at less than medium force ... im not tapping it but not drilling it either. i guess i really dont train the headbutt all that much but i never felt that it needed a lot of attention unless you really wanted to rely on it as a fight stopper. it's just another punch to me. one thing i really like to do when drilling techniques or sparring slow is to grab them by both their ears and headbutt to the nose. can't do this when hard sparring for obvious reasons.

i also tend to use my forearms and fists as little hammers. i dont block, i bash, always have. i use generic ape movements for this.

Shuul Vis
04-13-2003, 10:09 AM
Its the sound a man makes when his body is crushed by a herd of fat women.

It doesnt mean anything man, i just like the way it looks and sounds. Im a **** in that way.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-13-2003, 10:16 AM
glad to see you two getting along ... told shuul that people like to joke around alot on the main forum but it usually wont kill a thread.

shuul's right about his ****ing snap kick too. motherfu cker still catches me with it after years. just like he says he waits till your mid step and smack. and it's fu cking fast. closing the groin doesn't always work either as he can co ck his leg to angle it right without slowing him down. it's one of the few times im at a loss to do anything but stop the kick with my hands if i hope to stop it at all.

SevenStar
04-13-2003, 10:18 AM
Its the sound a man makes when his body is crushed by a herd of fat women.

yeah, you're definitely a friend of GDA:D

Shuul Vis
04-13-2003, 10:19 AM
its true...im totally sweet. lol

Black Jack
04-13-2003, 11:04 AM
Forget size. It's the motion of the ocean that counts.

Plus if you have a small wang. You can always put a condom on your foot and use that.

shaolin kungfu
04-13-2003, 12:22 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to comment on how they earned their tool.

Oso
04-13-2003, 03:40 PM
Far ting. It wins every time in sparring. I can absolutely clear the room. So, it's good for multi-man defense, too.

I practice by eating lots of eggs, broccoli, cabbage and garlic.

I usually start my day with eggs and garlic.

plenty of broccoli and cabbage through out the day.

by the practice time, watch out!!!

It took me several years to cultivate this with meditation and chi kung specifically taught to me by a monk from Hungary.

Leon
04-13-2003, 04:02 PM
I like elbows, lots of stopping power when someone aproaches fast, or for hitting, and blocking. Otherwise the sidekick is nice, since people in our style seldom moves away from it or blocks it ::rolleyes: Im working on the frontal kick , and lots of other stuff as well, but hard with a wounded back :p

SevenStar
04-13-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by shaolin kungfu
I'm still waiting for someone to comment on how they earned their tool.

you probably won't hear anything special. it's too common sense and plain to really go into, I'd think....

How did I get a good thai kick? practice on a bag, on people and working the mechanics.

How did I get good with the throws I mentioned? I use them every chance I get in randori, and practice them alot.

How did I get a good straight right? hitting a heavy bag.

see? boring...

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-14-2003, 01:15 AM
i think sk was fu cking around, but i could be wrong.

i definately agree with you though. i think shuul meant more along the lines of any training you did that was outside the norm. like if you practiced your side kick with a pulley system that had a bucket of dirty asian kids hanging over a deep well. any sesnsible person would be interested in that.