PDA

View Full Version : New Matrix trailers

PHILBERT
04-12-2003, 11:33 PM
http://www.movie-list.com/m/matrixreloaded.shtml

Just click the 3 that read NEW! in red. 2 TV spots and a full trailer. I am downloading them right now.

PHILBERT
04-12-2003, 11:43 PM
Ladies and gentlemen...

I need a clean pair of underwear. :D

shaolin kungfu
04-13-2003, 12:15 AM
Looks **** cool!

For those that care, the Enter the Matrix video game is coming out the same day as the movie( 5,15,03). It promises to be one of the best games of 2003. It is adds to the story of the matrix by filling in in places the matrix leaves out. The Wachowski Bros. filmed many special scenes just for the game.

Kristoffer
04-13-2003, 04:09 AM
"Keanu is a true Kung Fu master" :rolleyes:
If I met him I would punch him in the face. yes I would

The hype is getting to big. Fans kinda denies that everything in the Matrix is copied from other movies/comics/books etc.

shaolin kungfu
04-13-2003, 04:11 AM
Who cares if the matrix copies from everything else? It's still really cool.

Kristoffer
04-13-2003, 06:27 AM
I agree but I'm tired of hearing everyone talking about K like he actually does martial arts in the movie. :) Seriously the fight scenes look like crap.

Former castleva
04-13-2003, 11:52 AM
What is matrix?
I can tell I cannot stand it.

shaolin kungfu
04-14-2003, 10:29 AM
Keanu Reeves ****es me off too. More because he can't act rather than his lack of MA skills.

shaolin kungfu
04-14-2003, 11:28 AM
She's a little too cold and souless for me

chen zhen
04-14-2003, 12:03 PM
and she's too skinny
:rolleyes:

Souljah
04-14-2003, 04:59 PM
keanu reeves actually trained in martial arts?

eulerfan
04-14-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Kristoffer
The hype is getting to big. Fans kinda denies that everything in the Matrix is copied from other movies/comics/books etc.

Not much is totally original. Most art borrows on other art. Shakespeare's plays were stolen. He didn't originate those stories. He just told them better than they'd been told before.

Serpent
04-14-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by eulerfan

Not much is totally original. Most art borrows on other art. Shakespeare's plays were stolen. He didn't originate those stories. He just told them better than they'd been told before.

Controversial! So, are you of the school that there are only seven stories out there and it all depends on how they're told?

eulerfan
04-14-2003, 06:53 PM
Well, I'd say more than seven. But, pretty much, yeah. Think of how many movies you can name that are, essentially, Cinderella.

There has to be thousands.

PHILBERT
04-14-2003, 08:41 PM
The whole theory behind the Matrix, plugged into computers, what is and is not real is actually taken from the Theory of the Cave of Socretes. One of the only things I actually remember from my Philosophy class. That and Plato wrote "The Republic".

The cave thing was this, imagine you live in a cave and you are tied to a pole your entire life. You spend your ENTIRE life tied to this pole and can not turn your head. All you can do is see what your eyes see and somehow you don't need food or water. There are others sitting next to you also tied, and you can communicate with them verbally, but have no idea what another human looks like. Behind you is a giant fire and people walk by with objects cut out to look like stuff. A tree, a tiger, elephant, humans, etc. You manage to break free and when you do, you look to your left and realize what a human looks like. Then you look behind you and realize the light is fire and the objects you saw in the shadows of the fire were cut outs. You leave the cave and discovered the that those cut outs aren't the real things and see real trees outside, real animals, etc. Then you return to the cave to tell the others about your discovery, and they don't believe you and kill you.

Stupid story I know, but think about it and apply it to The Matrix.

Serpent
04-14-2003, 09:16 PM
I've got a very interesting article somewhere that talks about the seven basic story archetypes. I'll see if I can find it and post some excerpts.

Philbert, way to belittle one of the greatest philosophical pioneers, dude! ;)

PHILBERT
04-14-2003, 09:30 PM
Philosophy sounded all cool and **** when I signed up for it my first semester of college. But my teacher was a stupid, sorry sack of **** when it came to teaching. His tests were a load of horse crap and he threw like 10,000 things a day it was amazing he was still a professer (I check each time the new classes come out to see if he is teaching) at the school. In the final exam, worth 200 points, TEN questions were loaded with 90 points, almost half the exam right there.

And what was it? Compare Plato's philosophy to Karl Marx in less than 10 words type stuff. Things you would find next to impossible to answer. And the stupid class description in the book didn't say what philosophy we were studying so I thought "Cool we can do Lao Tzu and other Eastern philosophies." HA! Nothing but crappy Western stuff that basically did nothing but contradict other Philosophers. Aristotle and his dissing of Plato's philosophy, etc. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, ARISTOTLE WAS ONE OF PLATO'S STUDENTS AND HE RIPS APART PLATO!

Just because the guy was a ****ing encyclopedia of philosophy and probably could tell you what the letter was on line 3,012, word 5 in The Republic does not mean he has to try and make his students into walking enyclopedias.

I wanted to take a baseball bat to his knee caps.

Serpent
04-14-2003, 09:51 PM
Sounds like most western school's idea of Religion classes. It's hardly religion, more about a religion. Like Christianity is Religion, nothing else. Very sad indeed.

Philbert, why don't you go back to that school and take out his kneecaps. You know it's going to bug you until you do.

PHILBERT
04-14-2003, 09:56 PM
Bah, that'd be illegal.

Serpent
04-14-2003, 10:39 PM
Illegal, Schmillegal.

eulerfan
04-15-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Serpent
I've got a very interesting article somewhere that talks about the seven basic story archetypes. I'll see if I can find it and post some excerpts.

Oooh. Please do!

shodan_to_be
04-15-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Souljah
keanu reeves actually trained in martial arts?

Rent the DVD and check out the extras. They all trained for (as memory serves) about 9 months for the movie. it doesn't make them martial artists though.

PHILBERT
04-15-2003, 12:10 PM
They thought the martial arts training was only gonna take them like a month and a half to do though.

Oh and Serpent, you can pay my legal bills if you want me to baseball bat him to the knees so bad.

Another funny thing about him was his intelligence on Eastern philosophy. He once said in class that Tai Chi masters and others of the martial arts NEVER, EVER fought each other. N-E-V-E-R. Why? Oh because the Tai Chi and other masters were so good that all they'd do is use the opponent's force against them and defeat them, because that is what Taoism is. I rolled my eyes and thought "yup, they never had challenge matches in China. Wang Lang is fictional, he never went to the Shaolin Temple and challenged them. No master went to another school to make a name for himself and said lets fight." Idiot.

Xebsball
04-15-2003, 12:13 PM
they danced a lil bit of governament aproved wushu and coreographis, that aint training the martial arts

Serpent
04-15-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by eulerfan

Oooh. Please do!

Sorry! Forgot. I'll try to remember to look it up later.