PDA

View Full Version : Pressur Points

Shaolin-Do
04-14-2003, 08:06 AM
Lately Ive been doing IMMENSE studying on pressure points... As most of you who know pressure points already know, the best way to locate them is on yourself... After a long weekend of point testing, I woke up with my intestines (at least I think thats what hurts) hurting... Never felt that before. Ive never hurt like that before, and Im positive its from the pressure points. Anyone know any good points to alleviate this problem?
and please no sh!theads leaving me dim mak points... its a waste of your time and mine.

Vapour
04-14-2003, 09:01 AM
Firstly, if your pain is serious, go and see a doctor. What happen if it's apendicitise.

Secondly, I can't help you on pressure points but listing all the point you messed with would help, IMO.

Shaolin-Do
04-14-2003, 09:04 AM
lol... man I was all over the place.. its alright tho. been doing general pain releif accupressure and its working fine. When I learn really well where a point is on myself, it gets to where I can just grab somebody and already have that point, no looking for it involved... So when I go over charts Ill grab the points till I find where it is... :)

Repulsive Monkey
04-15-2003, 03:44 AM
In fact it's decidely crucial that you list the points becuase each has different functions and from a TCM point of view you could of upset your health with mucking about with these points especially as there are so many vital points on and over the abdomen.

miscjinx
04-17-2003, 05:48 AM
Not to mention it is not a good idea if when you say you were all over that you were messing with the point on both sides of the body, on the top and bottom, and/or on the front and back of the body.

Basic Yin/Yang there on pressure points...it will muck you up worse.

Leimeng
04-27-2003, 01:22 AM
~ I would like to suggest, if you will accept the suggestion, that you study pressure point fighting stuff from the perspective of Chinese Medicine. A good understanding of TCM will enable you to use the points in a fight and even better, be able to help others as your studies progress.
~ Practice of pressure points, especially fighting pressure points is serious business. It can be very dangerous. I can kill you or other people. I would encourage you to not practice this stuff on yourself or others without a legitimate instructor who is also qualified TCM doctor who can instruct you in doing it.
~ Ask yourself "why"?
~ Why do you want to learn pressure points for fighting? Is it as a back up skill, "just in case" for the martial arts you already study?
~ Is it for curiosities sake?
~ Do you harbour some desire to hold some "secret" that other people dont have so you can feel special or better about yourself?
~ Do you desire to feel better than other people?
~ These questions might not be easy to answer honestly.
~ How long have you studied martial arts?
~ If you have studied less than ten years, then I would reccomend that you dont even consider advance sorts of pressure point study unless taught by your instructor within the confines of your system.
~ Spend your time developing your technique, your timing, your conditioning, your awareness of of your opponent, sensitivity, strength, internal energy, etc....
~ Develop a good "spiritual" grounding or basis from wence you can learn these things. Knowledge that it is not a good thing to lie, or being a "moral" person is not a spiritual base. Knowledge of self at the intimate painful levels is where you get need to build from. (ie Finding out why and how you feel like you feel in the most secret of your thoughts that you would never tell anyone that you feel.) This will prepare you to be able to handle such knowledge in the future should you decide you really need it.
~ All the knowledge in the world of correct pressure point studies will do you no good in a real fight if you are not able to defend yourself from getting hit against a skill opponent who wants to harm you. If you are not conditioned enought to take a hit from an attacker, you will be suprised at the pain caused by a hard strike. If you don't have enough internal energy, then you can cause injury to yourself by hitting others with a proper pressure point strike.
~ Unless you are studying Chinese medicine at the present moment in formal manner with the intent to practice Chinese medicine, I would reccomend that you direct your energy elseware.
~ Meanwhile, if you want to get a good understanding of internal energy for health and self-defense, find a good instructor of one of the internal arts.
~ I hope that is not too hard to swallow and encourages you instead of discourages you.

Peace

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue

Sam Wiley
04-27-2003, 10:45 AM
First, dim-mak points are acupuncture points.

Second, if you think you messed yourself up, go to both a doctor and an acupuncturist. Actually, you should be going to a doctor anyway for the pain, I would say, especially if it's in your lower right abdomen. That would be appendicitis. If it hurts to go to the bathroom, you need to go to the doctor NOW. If it has become impossible for you to go to the bathroom and your lower right abdomen is swollen and turgid, then go to the emergency room NOW!