PDA

View Full Version : Come up with the PERFECT story for a KF movie!

Kristoffer
04-15-2003, 12:06 PM
Friends of me are really in to making movies. Producing and all n I've worked alot with them this year as an actor :)
ROles so far:
Geek
Bill Clinton
Sexist pig
Zombie
Killer/psychopath
Nazi

..and in a few weeks I'll play a thug/robber who gets to beat up an innocent girl :)

This is just a hobby but I really enjoy it. Anyway for the summer I'm planning to do a action movie of some sort. I've come up with two kinds - either a dark n gritty realistic thriller style of action. Or, Jackie Chan style haha. Either way I'll have to come up with some story. So, if you'd do this what would it be about?
(just curious, could use inspiration)

shaolin kungfu
04-15-2003, 12:09 PM
Make a story about sin the' and how he must battle to get shaolin do recognized as the one true martial art.

txwingchun
04-15-2003, 12:12 PM
Here's some good plot Ideas

http://www.thewavemag.com/pagegen.php?pagename=article&articleid=23130

Shaolin-Do
04-15-2003, 12:18 PM
actually, he learned the last 450 through osmosis.

:)

eulerfan
04-15-2003, 12:19 PM
"Plot #5 Early in the movie, a little girl falls in the hallway and has a massive brain hemorrhage. And since the military programmed the evil military computer with medical technology that doesn’t exist yet, the evil cyborg is the only one who can save her. Which, if you think about it, is either ironic or retarded."

Excellent

PHILBERT
04-15-2003, 01:10 PM
The story of a young 19 year old Texan and his dream of getting a date with a gorgeous burnette from California who is 4 years older than him and works for a magazine.

shaolin kungfu
04-15-2003, 01:11 PM
Could that by any chance be auto-biographical philbert?

Former castleva
04-15-2003, 01:21 PM
That´s very interesting,but I´m not too high on handing anything out without given rules to work on.
I guess if I were to do that,it would be a parody rip-off...off certain movies (like those you described) and tv-series.
(Yeah right,as if someone would give me something to work on)

As for your options:
You could make a dark thriller about your average nutcase stalking the dark fields murdering cattle or a MA flick in Jackie fashion about Japanese schoolgirls out to kill the heck out of each other.Either way,it might (need) use some perspiration.

Kristoffer
04-15-2003, 01:25 PM
Teen angst, I like it. Cyborgs and retards set in the Fukien temple.... :D

txwingchun - thank's a bunch man! That gives tons of ideas. Actually I was thinking that I don't really want any fancy story just some lame one so you understand why the characters is fighting all the time. Something like Street Fighter 2 the Ani. movie, Animatrix: detective story, Rumble in the Bronx etc.

Kristoffer
04-15-2003, 01:26 PM
castleva - I take the hint :D ;)

txwingchun
04-15-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Kristoffer
Teen angst, I like it. Cyborgs and retards set in the Fukien temple.... :D

txwingchun - thank's a bunch man! That gives tons of ideas. Actually I was thinking that I don't really want any fancy story just some lame one so you understand why the characters is fighting all the time. Something like Street Fighter 2 the Ani. movie, Animatrix: detective story, Rumble in the Bronx etc.

Glad too help and make sure you include the sassy reporter

Kristoffer
04-15-2003, 01:55 PM
lol
:D

Former castleva
04-15-2003, 02:14 PM
"castleva - I take the hint "
You´re welcome.

Am I welcome (to be invited) to your new movie (based on that) if it happens to ever make out of Sweden?
:cool:

Vapour
04-15-2003, 02:36 PM
Definitely go for comedy. If you can write good script, it's going to be great no matter how little money you have. Watch "Clerk".

KC Elbows
04-15-2003, 02:47 PM
Klute 2.

joedoe
04-15-2003, 04:34 PM
A guy walks into a bar and accidentally bumps a very mean looking customer. They fight ... for 2 hours. :D

PHILBERT
04-15-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by shaolin kungfu
Could that by any chance be auto-biographical philbert?

Noooooo...what makes you think its an autobiography? After all, I'M not writing it so it CAN'T be autobiography!

The Willow Sword
04-15-2003, 09:30 PM
The story would start out when the huns invade and start conquering the romans and a band of huns capture and enslave
a group of romans occupying a remote outpost close to the asian border. One of the slaves is a Woman. (a nice looking one) the slaves are taken into china in the mountainous regions and sold to a lord of a city at the base of one such mountain. the ruler of the town takes the woman as a concubine(but seeing that she is foreign he does not have any desire to be with her). he already has 6 concubines to which he does not want to give up to the dragon that lives in the mountains that he made a deal with a few years back. the deal was that if the dragon spared his life he would give him one of his most prized concubines as a sacrifice to ensure a good harvest, if he failed to do so the dragon would reign fire and destruction on his city and burn his crops and kill him. so the ruler being possesive of his 6 concubines decides to make this Foreign woman slave the next spring sacrifice.

the woman is taken deep in to the mountains where the dragon resides and is chained to a metal pole driven into the ground by the dragon who designates that spot as the sacrificial ground. he leaves her there.
but what happens next is the cruxt of the story,,, a few days later a shaolin monk is wandering through the mountain pass on a pilgrimage to the city and finds the foreign woman badly beaten and unconcious. he forgoes going to the city and takes the foreign woman back to the temple in the mountains and it is discovered that she has also been raped(by the dragon to which the monks secretly know about) the monk took a shortcut through the territory of the dragon to make better time,the monks are able to do this without alerting the dragon.

So the Woman(in shock and unable to speak and do anything really) gives birth to a boy half man half dragon and dies in the process and the boy is trained at the temple and later it is revealed that he is the offspring of this dragon that raped his mother and he vows to avenge his mother and also Kill the ruler of the city who sacrificed her to the dragon in the mountains.

So we can see with this story we have a few dynamics that i think would make a great story and be real entertaining ..we have an epic and mythological plot involving a dragon and a man who is half human and posesses great abilities who has to face his "sire" and destroy him. and he also has to face this ruler (who is also a master of martial arts) and also with shaolin monks who try to tame this half man(but cant because he is too aggressive).
it would have to be similar in fashion and style to crouching tiger hidden dragon.

so what do you guys think?

Many respects,,,The Willow Sword

SanSoo Student
04-15-2003, 10:14 PM
A Kung Fu movie....
Hmm a movie where high schoolers learn kung fu and FIGHT ALL THE TIME!!!
THEY HAVE COOL FLYING-FU EFFECTS that emphasize the animal kung fu styles.
AND HAVE STEPHEN CHOW!!
...from Shaolin soccer.

Serpent
04-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Some young kung fu Student, best the school has.

Some Bad Dude kills said Student's teacher.

Student vows revenge with much twisting of features, grinding of teeth and shaking of fist (highlighting highly developed muscles of forearm).

Student starts to track down Bad Dude.

Student kills many henchmen before finally confronting Bad Dude.

Student takes almighty twenty minute kicking from Bad Dude then recovers miraculously and kills Bad Dude in spectacular style.

Roll credits.

It's worked a million times already. Once more can't hurt.

joedoe
04-15-2003, 11:13 PM
You forgot the bit in the middle of the final fight where the student realises the secret technique that his master had been showing him but he could never quite get.

PHILBERT
04-15-2003, 11:31 PM
And of course the drop dead gorgeous girl who is madly in love with him and just doesn't "understand" why he must go fight the super bad guy.

Serpent
04-15-2003, 11:45 PM
Yeah. Those things too.

Laughing Cow
04-15-2003, 11:48 PM
I would go with something different.

Many years ago I saw a MA Detective Movie.

A MA Detective is called in to investigate a murder that was commited with a weapon that nobody could identify.

Played a few hundred years ago, not many fight scenes, but a good Movie.

Can't remember the Title, and anyway it wasn't an english version I saw.

Kristoffer
04-16-2003, 03:59 AM
Castleva -
Sure. One of my ideas was for a movie placed on the Viking line boats. with Fin-terrorists and a spectacular fight on the roof of the boat. It’s very windy and dark so it would be cool. Dunno if I’ll ever do it though. = )

Vapour -
yeah I know. It’s alot easier to do a comedy. All of you might not think Im serious but I’m actually planning to do a action movie this summer or later. And it’s not that I have access to high tec equipment so it’s better to think of what I CAN do. So, no Fukien temple! lol

The Willow Sword -
I really like the idee of half dragon half man. Being a formal comic geek I would really like to see someone do this in a Hero style movie. Don’t think I’d pull it off though, to much makeup.

””A guy walks into a bar and accidentally bumps a very mean looking customer. They fight ... for 2 hours.”””
”””You forgot the bit in the middle of the final fight where the student realises the secret technique that his master had been showing him but he could never quite get.”””
”””And of course the drop dead gorgeous girl who is madly in love with him and just doesn't "understand" why he must go fight the super bad guy.”””

This is stuff I could use. = )

Laughing Cow -
Tha’d work too. Ever see Cowboy Bebop? I have an old manuscript for a KF movie but ppl I know thought it would be to hard to film. It’s sorta a detective story. I still think it could be done with a few changes.

thanks all for inspiration!
:)

Former castleva
04-16-2003, 05:26 AM
"Sure. One of my ideas was for a movie placed on the Viking line boats. with Fin-terrorists and a spectacular fight on the roof of the boat. It’s very windy and dark so it would be cool. Dunno if I’ll ever do it though. = )"
As with these boat trip stories,I think all you need to is be lucky enough to end up there and just film it all the way...
You´ll get possible if minor terrorism,spectacular *cough* fight maybe (maybe even underwater it goes) and it will be windy and dark overall.
Sort of a nature document.

Kristoffer
04-16-2003, 06:05 AM
No, no nature document crap. Terrorist-boat-spectacular! jeesh concentrate man :rolleyes: :D

No_Know
04-16-2003, 07:15 AM
With what level of equipment do you have to work?

What is the target length of the movie? Is sound recorded with the video?

Go look at the Squirrel Kung-Fu School in or near your country.
You might get inspired.

Kristoffer
04-17-2003, 04:27 AM
Camera, light, and sound. Make-up if needed. Yeah the sound is recorded at the same time but it depends on the scene I guess. Sound effects, music is edited later anyway.

Former castleva
04-17-2003, 08:35 AM
"No, no nature document crap. Terrorist-boat-spectacular! jeesh concentrate man "
Whoa,it was your idea originally. :D
The danger is that if it is really bad,one can develop Stockholm syndrome.

No_Know
04-17-2003, 10:14 AM
A person and self exploration:

Things make sense when he fights. You see the lead character answer life questions durring a fight (S/he talks to h er/im -self).

Towards the end comprehends enough that no longer needs to fight and is at peace. Gets picked on and defends only without hurting them and says to the exhausted bunch-"Fighting is only a means to an end. It is Not, itself,, the Answer." And walks off confident and fulfilled.

[camera fades to black in the store with the exerted punks still down and trying to catch their breath].

Former castleva
04-17-2003, 10:20 AM
Sounds like an adolescent fantasy.

No_Know
04-17-2003, 01:00 PM
Life Is but a dream.

Kristoffer
04-17-2003, 02:50 PM
uhm.. kay.
:D

BUt yeah that could be done. No special effect crap remember :)