PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lee & Push-ups

diego
04-16-2003, 01:26 PM
What's he talking about, and can yall do them?.

Another big influence on Tung was veteran martial arts and fellow Beijing Opera performer, the late Lin Zhen-ying (aka Lam Ching-ying; known for his MR. VAMPIRE films and the female opera impersonator in Sammo Hung's PRODIGAL SON). Lin worked with Hang Ying-jie as an assistant fight choreographer on Lee's THE BIG BOSS. Hang played the big boss Bruce fights at the end of the film. Tung continues, "The first time I heard about Bruce was from Lin because he worked with Bruce and Hang in Thailand. Lin told me that I've got to meet this guy and that he is a very powerful. Lin is a very proud man and doesn't easily say that about other people. So we met at a coffee shop on the 6th floor of the Hong Kong Hotel. Bruce sported a beard and was wearing a denim shirts and blue jeans. He really didn't seem anything special to me.

"Everyone say he can do two finger pushups but we all don't feel that is very shocking. Remember we train in opera and are very flexible, so high kicks is nothing and others can do similar style push-ups, so I'm not impressed with those things. He did enjoy to show off and that was shocking. But then he stood up and -- keeping his legs straight -- put his hands three hand lengths in front of his body. Then, keeping his legs straight, did push-ups by slowly bending his arms so his nose could touch his hands. Now we were all shocked. Looking at that push-up, you can tell it's very difficult to do, using your waist. It really left an impression on me. And of course working with him we all got to see how fast he was. Films really don't capture how fast he really was. And his feet, man, that was something else."

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=334

diego
04-16-2003, 05:40 PM
anyone know what pushup he describes...wasn't to clear to mwa

dezhen2001
04-16-2003, 05:43 PM
if you watch the movie "jackie chan: my stunts" i think you see a similar one he does... your arms are straight out in front of you, almost completely straight. Body like a normal pushup position and you do them... i tried once and its d@mn hard to do... cant find any pics but if u can see the video/dvd its kewl :)

edit: actually im talking complete ballocks after rereading your description. sorry buddy! :(

dawood

diego
04-16-2003, 06:27 PM
lol, I know the one you described...kinda like standing with your arms up in the air and then just do a push up.....what the hell
is:Then, keeping his legs straight, did push-ups by slowly bending his arms so his nose could touch his hands. Now we were all shocked. Looking at that push-up, you can tell it's very difficult to do, using your waist. :confused:

:cool:

dezhen2001
04-16-2003, 06:30 PM
could it be like the hindu pushup or something? Legs are straight and nose comes close to the hands and past it? :confused:

anyway 2.30am here im out,
peace :cool:
dawood

diego
04-16-2003, 06:59 PM
I DON'T KNOW THE HINDU PUSH UP!.:)

didnt mean to cap that sentence.....7pm here and i gotta catch a bus soon...like ten minutes so its okay your leaving:D ;)

Kristoffer
04-17-2003, 04:35 AM
HUH? :confused:

yenhoi
04-17-2003, 10:01 AM
I think they are called dive bomber pushups on Mr, Fury's website. Do a search in the training forum. In the Tao of Jeet Kune Do Bruce Lee calls them dandinis. I think..

:eek: