PDA

View Full Version : How do you create Chinese character vector graphics?

[Censored]
04-17-2003, 10:24 AM
Does anyone in this forum know how to create vector graphics (.WMF files) for Chinese characters? There are about 10 different characters I'm looking for, and haven't found online.

reneritchie
04-17-2003, 10:42 AM
I use Twin Bridge's Meta Character utility. I input in PinYin (though you can input in several different ways) then choose a font, choose vertical or horizontal text running, and render.

[Censored]
04-17-2003, 10:52 AM
You can enter PinYin with English alphabet and convert it? That's awesome. If you already have the software, would you mind rendering a few characters for me?

reneritchie
04-17-2003, 11:46 AM
Yup, PinYin input. That's how I did the Chinese for all my books and the website. It's thusfar proven quirky with Win2K though. Email me at info@wingchunkuen.com and I'll see what I can do. My time's limited though (in case I get flooded by differently people asking for different characters).

yylee
04-17-2003, 12:14 PM
I use Chinese writing pad on Win2K with its default language/font set to traditional Chinese (HK/Taiwan). Works well for me, although a little slow and only 1/2 fonts available from Win2K.

aelward
04-17-2003, 10:37 PM
My office computer runs Chinese Windows 98 (Taiwan version). You can download pinyin inputs from the Taiwan Microsoft site. I usually use Powerpoint to write some Chinese text, then "save as" a JPG file. To convert to other types of image files, you can go to photoshop.

[Censored]
04-17-2003, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the advice. Rene, I PM'd you.