PDA

View Full Version : Pizza!

Taomonkey
01-09-2003, 08:58 AM
Always wanted to make one, thought it would be the ultimate.......
Discuss.....I'm a little va'klempt.....talk amongst yourselves...

TzuChan
04-18-2003, 02:58 PM
Hey all,

I kinda eat Italian food at least once a weak. (max two times though), in a restaurant. Now I was wondering, what is a pizza margheritta bad for ? I mean it seems to have nothing bad at first site and for a diet-moron like myself.. And what about pasta ? Like Tagliatelli/Penne etc.. ? With some .. cheese sauce or tomato sauce ?

Thanks

fa_jing
04-18-2003, 06:22 PM
nothing, it's good for you, especially as you are working out, you need those carbohydrates. And you've made me very hungry. Haven't had pizza Margheritta since I was in Italy, 8 years ago...

TzuChan
04-19-2003, 02:52 AM
Omg ? Isn't that a sin or something ? :D
I thought it was at least bad for something, but ok =]

Ming Yue
04-19-2003, 05:31 PM
tomatoes have all kinds of vitamin C and anti-oxidant properties, cheese is full of protein, pasta is easily digestible carbs. Have a salad with it and you're good to go.

work out, and eat what you like. :)

scotty1
04-19-2003, 08:45 PM
Washing your car.

Guile
04-23-2003, 08:15 AM
Showering

rubthebuddha
04-23-2003, 12:44 PM
lawn darts.

norther practitioner
04-23-2003, 12:45 PM
Some people freak on the fat content.

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 01:28 PM
Which one is pizza margherrita?
Just sauce and cheese and bell pepper?

TzuChan
04-23-2003, 02:57 PM
the most basic one : cheese, sauce

IronFist
04-23-2003, 09:41 PM
Is it like a margarita that is pizza flavored? Gross!

IronFist

Laughing Cow
04-23-2003, 09:45 PM
Pizza with no toppings, just cheese and tomato-sauce.

IMO, not a pizza at all.
:D

Where are the anchovies??

IronFist
04-23-2003, 09:51 PM
What does margheritta mean? What language is it? Is it pronounced like "margarita" in English?

IronFist

Laughing Cow
04-23-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
What does margheritta mean? What language is it? Is it pronounced like "margarita" in English?

IronFist

I think it is simply the Italian way of spelling a womans name.

Words can make an interesting study.
Example:
"Balcony" is an accepted english term that was imported from french which in turn is based on the german word "Balken" where the whole thing was invented.
But French was more fashionable at some times so we are stuck with balcony.

Former castleva
04-24-2003, 06:11 AM
lol at this thread. :D

abobo
04-24-2003, 08:15 AM
Whenever I've eaten it, instead of tomato sauce it has tomatoes throughout.

guohuen
04-24-2003, 08:20 AM
Yup. The original has sliced tomato or none. Tomato sauce on pizza is originally a Norte Americano thang.

TzuChan
04-25-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
Is it like a margarita that is pizza flavored? Gross!

IronFist

LOL :D
For a split second I thought 'Hah IronFist is thinking he's missing out on a new and improoved hormone drug' :D

rubthebuddha
04-25-2003, 10:09 PM
ironfist has indeed sunk to a rather low point when it comes to food. now, am i the only one worried that he actually was pondering tossing a red baron or dominos in the blender with some ice, tequila and fresh fruit? :eek:

Serpent
04-26-2003, 06:12 AM
A carbo loaded training shake and a tequila high, all in one glass.

mmm-MM!

SevenStar
04-26-2003, 02:43 PM
All of the eateries I've been to that sell caribbean food sell margherita pizza...

GeneChing
02-26-2015, 10:56 AM
No anchovies please.

Photos of the Day: Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan make pizza debut (http://shanghaiist.com/2015/02/26/photo_of_the_day_bruce_lee_is_backi.php)

http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/katienelson/designer-pizza.jpg
Bruce Lee is back…in pizza form.
These Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan pizzas are the work of one Domenico Crolla, a Glasgow-born Italian chef, pizza artist and, apparently, Kung Fu enthusiast.
His so-called designer pizzas have no toppings and the images are created with just cheese and tomato sauce. Pure. His 'zas feature portraits of famous faces ranging from Pope Francis to Lady Gaga.
Crolla, 45, opened Scotland's first designer pizza shop over 15 years ago and now runs two award-winning restaurants in the UK.

http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/katienelson/bruce-lee-za.jpg
A Bruce Lee-za
This is much more satisfying than that picture of Chan made out of chopsticks.

fimed
03-07-2015, 12:01 AM
Pizza is my favorite cousin among all Baked items.. I Like peperoni Pizza very much.. Special dominoes peperoni pizza..

curenado
03-07-2015, 12:20 AM
I like the barbarous americano saucey kind. If it's a pie pie, then no tomato at all and double the else.

There are not a lot of things so good that are so good.
If you can stand less than a large pan xcheese a day, the fat shouldn't be a big problem for the active. Some Vitamins are fat soluble and so the good ol pizza even has that too.

But I would eat them if they made your ears fall off

If you make a pie? Be sure and prep cook anything greasy or watery....or that is what the pond on top of the cheese will be. Other than that bon' apetit'

GeneChing
02-11-2016, 09:31 AM
Lobster pizza sounds pretty dang tasty. Maybe not from Dominos, but just in general.

Domino’s China Debuts Fish-Shaped Fish Stick Pizza (http://www.thedailymeal.com/news/eat/domino-s-china-debuts-fish-shaped-fish-stick-pizza/021016)
Fish Deluxe pizza follows a lobster-topped pizza also created in celebration of Chinese New Year
Feb 10, 2016 | 3:34 pm
By Abigail Abesamis

http://cdn-jpg.thedailymeal.net/sites/default/files/styles/hero_image_breakpoints_theme_tdmr_lg_1x/public/story/dominos-china-breaded-fish-pizza.jpg?itok=emi5cE-L&timestamp=1455136540
Chain is also offering a Shrimp & Crab Deluxe pizza.

Domino’s China has debuted two seafood and pizza mashups: Fish Deluxe pizza and Shrimp & Crab Deluxe pizza, in celebration of Chinese New Year, according to Brand Eating. Because nothing says Chinese New Year quite like a seafood-topped pizza. Thankfully, the chain has avoided using whole, shelled crustaceans on these two creations.
The Fish Deluxe pizza features a circle of fish-shaped fish sticks, green bell peppers, corn, French lardons, pepperoni, and cherry tomatoes. Brand Eating comments, “[The fish sticks] look a bit like fish surfacing when you throw some food into a well-stocked pond (there's also a trio of pepperoni in the middle that might be said food).” Eater points out that fish and the colors red and black are symbols of wealth and success.

Shrimp & Crab Deluxe pizza, the second seasonal offering, is topped with a circle of breaded, claw-shaped crab nuggets, shrimp, cherry tomatoes, green peppers, onions, and black olives.

GeneChing
03-11-2016, 04:26 PM
I just had a nice lunch, but now I feel nauseated.

By DAVID SCHEPP MONEYWATCH March 11, 2016, 2:10 PM
Is this the world's stinkiest pizza? (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/durian-pizza-pizza-hut-debuts-a-smelly-delicacy-in-china/)

http://cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2016/03/11/8c66f2c2-e264-47cf-a0aa-2bbbf3870122/thumbnail/620x350/6dbf07a74071d5e0457476c02a3c929c/durian.jpg
Durian, seen here for sale in Padang, Indonesia, is popular in Southeast Asia and China, though notorious for its powerful smell. ROBERTUS PUDYANTO, GETTY IMAGES

If you think putting pineapple on pizza is sacrilege, you may shudder at what Pizza Hut is doing to innocent pies in China.

It's called durian pizza, made with the unmistakably pungent -- some would some revolting -- spiky greenish-brown fruit known as "the King of Fruits." The basketball-sized durian was memorably described by Julia Child as reminiscent of "dead babies mixed with strawberries and Camembert," according to The Wall Street Journal.

So what's it doing on pizza? Though it's smelly, the durian's smooth, succulent flesh is adored by many in Asia. What's more, when placed on a pizza pie, the fruit's overpowering flavor becomes less so, to some people's dismay, thanks to its submersion in cheese and dough.

A cafe in Shanghai seems to have been the first to try its hand at selling durian pizza in 2013, and it was a hit, selling about 70 pies a day, the Journal noted. A bakery in Singapore has also experimented with the product.

Pizza Hut tested out the concoction in the southern province of Guangdong before rolling it out in several Chinese cities this year. And it reportedly has "created a lot of buzz" with Chinese consumers and been a hit in the south.

Prices range between 59 yuan ($9) for a half-durian, half-Hawaiian pizza and 97 yuan for a stuffed-crust durian pizza.

So how's it taste? It depends who you ask. Of the 10 Wall Street Journal staffers who taste-tested the durian pizza, four gave the dish a thumb's up, three were decidedly unimpressed and three pronounced the concoction as "interesting," the newspaper reported.

Durian pizza is just the latest in a seemingly endless array of foods geared to foreign palates, such as McDonald's McChoco Potato, which debuted earlier this year in Japan. The menu item consists of "McDonald's French fries drizzled with two types of chocolate sauces -- chocolate with cacao flavor and white milk chocolate," which "creates a wonderful salty and sweet harmonious taste."

We'll take MickeyD's word for it.

Other odd food combos in recent years include:

Taco Bell's WaffleTaco: A waffle wrapped around a sausage patty or bacon, with scrambled eggs and cheese, served with a side of syrup. This "Egg McMuffin alternative" debuted with Taco Bell's breakfast menu in 2014, only to be shelved a year later.

Pizza Hut's hotdog stuffed crust pizza: Just as it sounds, Pizza Hut took a few hot dogs and jammed them into the crust. Think of it as a pizza surrounded by pigs-in-a-blanket. Thankfully, the menu wasn't available in the U.S.

Burger King's KuroPearl Burger: Sold in Japan, this odd creation, which resembles a burger on burnt bread, features a beef patty topped with black cheese on a dyed-black bun and an onion-garlic sauce with squid ink.

Wendy's Lobsterand Caviar Burger: This one doesn't sound half bad, if you like lobster. Offered only for a limited time in Japan, Wendy's debuted this concoction in 2012. It featured a single patty, topped with a lobster claw and sprinkled with caviar.

KFC's DoubleDown sandwich: Nearly universally panned by food critics, the Double Down was essentially strips of bacon and some cheese sandwiched between two breaded chicken cutlets. One reviewer found this Frankenburger to be "actually pretty tasty," despite containing more than half the daily dietary allowance for sodium.

highlypotion
03-21-2016, 06:00 PM

IronFist

Margheritta is the Italian form of Margaret, this is also the Italian word for "daisy flower". If you want to know more about the history of margheritta pizza, you may want to read this article from bbc http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/0/20515123