jon
04-19-2003, 04:41 PM
Intent

Vapour
04-19-2003, 05:27 PM
Impact

GroungJing
04-19-2003, 06:07 PM
I would include range or proximity to opponent as a factor also.

scotty1
04-19-2003, 11:46 PM
Effect?

Repulsive Monkey
04-20-2003, 06:25 AM
One attacks by severing the root and displacing someone the other intends a directed force into someone.

batesy
04-20-2003, 08:30 AM
One moves the opponent, the other does damage.

TzuChan
04-20-2003, 09:44 AM
****, push a wall, and hit a wall, and tell me what's the difference =/ What a weird question is this lol

Vapour
04-20-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Antistati
What's difference between push and hit?

Since the answer is too obvious, I think you had more specific question in mind. Can you clarify your question?

Antistati
04-21-2003, 02:12 AM
Since the answer is too obvious, I think you had more specific question in mind. Can you clarify your question? [/B][/QUOTE]

when I do "Brush knee twist step", one of my hand make "ji" force.
I think this force may be hit or some times push.

I wonder whether "where is different between Push and Hit"

miscjinx
04-21-2003, 07:50 AM
The power curve and intent.

An internally powered push has the intent (thing being pushed) ****her away (the back wall for example when pushing a person) and the power curve is longer so it basically picks up the person and throws them.

An internally powered punch has the intent within the person and properly executed (fajing) the person does not move and all the power is transferred to their innerds. I said fa-jing, because the power curve is very short. Instant power and then instand relaxation.

The movements are pretty much identicle. Brush-knee twist step can be done as a push - longer power curve and intent ****her away - and the person will be thrown. Or your intention could be their innerds/spine and fa-jing (very short power curve) and then it is a strike with massive internal damage.

That's my take.

miscjinx
04-21-2003, 07:51 AM
The system is buggy.

I said ****her away - f - a - r - t - h - e - r.

It put ****her.

Apparently you can't say **** here.

TzuChan
04-21-2003, 09:55 AM
that ****ing sucks **** **** **** :(

TaiChiBob
04-22-2003, 04:13 AM
Greetings..

Push.. power applied after making contact..
Hit.. power applied prior to making contact..

Combination.. in brush-knee, upper hand finds target finger-tips first (contact), then, exploding from feet/legs through waist/spine drive heel of hand into target as you sink into front-weighted root (heel of hand hits).. finally, the front leg pushes the hip/spine in a rotation toward the contact hand (left leg to right hand or vice-versa) in a push which begins the roll-back/deflecting block transition for another brush-knee..

Just another perspective, be well..

RAF
04-22-2003, 06:48 AM
Perfect description!

If we add a little icing, brush knee can even be a little more intense.

If you block the opponent's right punch with your left hand from the outside in, step behind his center line with your left foot/leg while simultaneously kaoing with left shoulder and striking side of groin area/fold with the initial left blocking hand (brush knee) and follow up with a right hand palm strike to the area below the center of the chest (Just as taichibob wrote) you have another variation of the application. If you don't want the chest/heart area, strike the head/face.

You now have kao, punch/finger strike, and push and/or palm strike with heel of hand and you can throw in some "secret death point" striking. If you placed your left leg behind his centerline, he will be on the ground even if he choses to retreat. Also to generate the power, you are completely relaxed and must employ a medium depth posture since much of the striking power will be generated by the leg/kua/waist area.

Darth Vader has nothing on good taijiquan.

taijiquan_student
04-22-2003, 05:57 PM
Antistati--Do you mean "Ji" as in Press? How could you possibly generate press jing with a one handed strike? They're totally different. Did you intend a different meaning for Ji?

Antistati
04-22-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by taijiquan_student
Antistati--Do you mean "Ji" as in Press? How could you possibly generate press jing with a one handed strike? They're totally different. Did you intend a different meaning for Ji?

I think about hit or push (or press, if possible) with "ji force" of 8 trigrams.(a one hand strike)
What does it mean "press jing"?

GroungJing
04-23-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by RAF
Perfect description!

If we add a little icing, brush knee can even be a little more intense.

If you block the opponent's right punch with your left hand from the outside in, step behind his center line with your left foot/leg while simultaneously kaoing with left shoulder and striking side of groin area/fold with the initial left blocking hand (brush knee) and follow up with a right hand palm strike to the area below the center of the chest (Just as taichibob wrote) you have another variation of the application. If you don't want the chest/heart area, strike the head/face.

You now have kao, punch/finger strike, and push and/or palm strike with heel of hand and you can throw in some "secret death point" striking. If you placed your left leg behind his centerline, he will be on the ground even if he choses to retreat. Also to generate the power, you are completely relaxed and must employ a medium depth posture since much of the striking power will be generated by the leg/kua/waist area.

Darth Vader has nothing on good taijiquan.

Nice add on RAF

LOL

Yesterday, I thought of posting that very same example when I read Taicibob's. I also love the cutting elbow of the striking hand in brush knee (used to clothesline an opponet with the elbow. Just hitting someone in the chest half speed get's their attention, let alone the throat or head.

Or the "step forward and brush knee "application which which looks a lot like Aikido's shomen irimi-nage, depending on your intent. That is untill you add the fajin...... I once read Yang Shou Hou loved step forward and brush knee.

After years of studying Aikido and Taiji, I think Taijiquan's versions of the aplications in question are much more nasty, the Aikido'sapplicationas I learned were not done with Fajin .