PDA

View Full Version : Nanyang Wing Chun and Cho Family Wing Chun

FIRE HAWK
04-20-2003, 07:12 PM
I have been watching my videotape of Nanyang Wing Chun and Chi Sim Wing Chun , what I am trying to find out is what in Nanyang Wing Chun is that wich comes from Cho family Wing Chun Sifu Cho On Y. Wu of Nanyang Wing Chun has Cho family Wing Chun and Yip Man Wing Chun mixed alltogethor in his system so I am trying to figure out what parts of the forms and techniques on the videotape come from Cho On s Cho family Wing Chun ?

Phenix
04-20-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by FIRE HAWK
I have been watching my videotape of Nanyang Wing Chun and Chi Sim Wing Chun , what I am trying to find out is what in Nanyang Wing Chun is that wich comes from Cho family Wing Chun Sifu Cho On Y. Wu of Nanyang Wing Chun has Cho family Wing Chun and Yip Man Wing Chun mixed alltogethor in his system so I am trying to figure out what parts of the forms and techniques on the videotape come from Cho On s Cho family Wing Chun ?

How can one identify something one has no idea of?
Is it YIP Man WCK? Is IT CLF? Is that Hung Gar?.....

.:confused:

Good Luck.

azwingchun
04-20-2003, 07:54 PM
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that tape? I would like to get one. ;)

Also, how is the quality of the tape?

FIRE HAWK
04-21-2003, 01:40 PM
I should be able to tell because there are pictures in the book Complete Wing Chun of Y. Wu doing Nanyang Wing Chun and the techniques and things that are listed in the Nanyang Wing Chun section I know what Yip Man Wing Chun is like so i can tell in the videotape what is Yip Man Wing Chun and what is not you can tell by the way he moves and does his techniques if it is Yip Man Wing Chun or the Cho Family Wing Chun I have also seen the pictures of Wong Kiew Kitt doing Cho Family Wing Chun . I also might be getting a nice video tape of a guy doing the Cho Family Wing Chun Sui Lien Tao form maybe .

FIRE HAWK
04-21-2003, 01:45 PM
I got the Nanyang Wing Chun Chi Sim Weng Chun video from a private source from a person that I know and I can not make copys of it because I told the person that I would not make copys of the video tape . The video tape shows alot of Nanyang Wing Chun forms and Chi Sim Weng Chun forms .

Phenix
04-21-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by FIRE HAWK
I should be able to tell because there are pictures in the book Complete Wing Chun of Y. Wu doing Nanyang Wing Chun and the techniques and things that are listed in the Nanyang Wing Chun section I know what Yip Man Wing Chun is like so i can tell in the videotape what is Yip Man Wing Chun and what is not you can tell by the way he moves and does his techniques if it is Yip Man Wing Chun or the Cho Family Wing Chun I have also seen the pictures of Wong Kiew Kitt doing Cho Family Wing Chun . I also might be getting a nice video tape of a guy doing the Cho Family Wing Chun Sui Lien Tao form maybe .

If you think so.

Good luck

Rolling_Hand
04-21-2003, 07:08 PM
Fire Hawk wrote:

I know what Yip Man Wing Chun is like so i can tell in the videotape what is Yip Man Wing Chun and what is not you can tell by the way he moves and does his techniques if it is Yip Man Wing Chun or the Cho Family Wing Chun I have also seen the pictures of Wong Kiew Kitt doing Cho Family Wing Chun .
-------------------------------------------------

Fire Hawk,

Since you have seen both of Yip Man WC and Cho's white crane WC.

What's your opinion about them?

Are they different?

Roger

Train
04-21-2003, 08:23 PM
Hi Fire Hawk,

What is the difference from the YMWC?? in applications and forms? Is there a way i can get a copy?? Thanks

Hendrik,

Is it me or evertime I read your posts, it seems like you sound sarcastic.......... hmmmm.......... I don't think it's me :)

Phenix
04-21-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Train
Hi Fire Hawk,

What is the difference from the YMWC?? in applications and forms? Is there a way i can get a copy?? Thanks

Hendrik,

Is it me or evertime I read your posts, it seems like you sound sarcastic.......... hmmmm.......... I don't think it's me :)

Ask the Cho ancestors what is what. LOL. No comment.

Good Luck.:D

Phenix
04-21-2003, 10:19 PM
Cho's white crane WC....

When is Roger become the mighty expert of WCK?

Hey, Rolling Hand, were is your evident? Clock is ticking...

Rolling_Hand
05-07-2003, 09:22 PM
As was mentioned before Big East Wind was a member of a secret society whose aims was to overthrow the Ching Government the members of this society had a password to recognise each other. Some members of the government infiltrated the group and learned the password taking the first and last letters of their old password, which gave them Wing Chun.

Liu Da Shen claims to have taught Leung Jan the first four forms of Pao Fa Lein Wing Chun.

-------------------------------------------------

Fire Hawk,

Do you know where is Liu Da Shen?

reneritchie
05-08-2003, 06:04 AM
Liu Da Shen claims to have taught Leung Jan the first four forms of Pao Fa Lein Wing Chun.

Please label historical revisionisms and political manipulations as such so that new readers aren't confused by the trolling.

1) Liu Dasheng's sets do not match Leung Jan's.
2) Leung Jan's peers have essentially the same sets indicating they predate him within the same lineage.
3) Other lineages from the same source as Leung Jan's have essentially the same sets indicating they predate him.
4) Etc. etc.

Geezer
05-08-2003, 11:38 AM
Firehawk Wrote>

I got the Nanyang Wing Chun Chi Sim Weng Chun video from a private source from a person that I know and I can not make copys of it because I told the person that I would not make copys of the video tape

Would you offlist me in regards to where I could get a copy, if the guy wouldn't want to speak to me if he likes we could use you as a middle man???

Sheldon

reneritchie
05-08-2003, 12:19 PM
And please let me know as well, so I can send Robert and Andreas a list of people illegally pirating and distributing their copyrighted material....

John Weiland
05-08-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Train

Hendrik,

Allow me to address this issue without sarcasm.

Hendrik speaks with authority on all things within his own Cho Wing Chun family.

Hendrik does not endorse Y. Wu's, "interpretation" of Cho family Wing Chun. This suggests to the intuitive reader that he does not find what Y. Wu shows to be representative of Cho family.

Any representation of Y. Wu's Wing Chun, such as found in "Complete Wing Chun" is of questionable authenticity, through no fault of the other authors.

Regards,

FIRE HAWK
05-08-2003, 06:29 PM
I allready showed Grandmaster Hoffmann and Sifu Meng the Chi Sim Weng Chun and Nanyang Wing Chun video tape today at the museum they no all about the video tape . And i must say Grandmaster Hoffman is a great Martial Artist and really knows what he is doing his form is excelent , and thanks also to Sifu Meng for his kindness for arranging for me to meet Grandmaster Hoffmann .

Geezer
05-09-2003, 05:57 AM
Firehawk Wrote>

I allready showed Grandmaster Hoffmann and Sifu Meng the Chi Sim Weng Chun and Nanyang Wing Chun video tape today at the museum they no all about the video tape . And i must say Grandmaster Hoffman is a great Martial Artist and really knows what he is doing his form is excelent , and thanks also to Sifu Meng for his kindness for arranging for me to meet Grandmaster Hoffmann .

Do they mind if people have access to copies of the video???

Sheldon

reneritchie
05-09-2003, 07:38 AM
Hey Firehawk,

That's a very decent thing to do. 'Nuff respect. Glad you had a good time.

FIRE HAWK
05-09-2003, 05:51 PM
It really was very interesting Grandmaster Hoffmann showed me his forms and did some Qi Na on me he was locking my arms and my leg he could have broke my limbs if he wanted to i really could feel the pressure that he applied when he did the Qi Na , Chi Sim Weng Chun is very interesting .
Geezer as far as the video tape goes I cannot and i will not make any copies of the tape .

reneritchie
05-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Firehawk,

Your morality continues to impress!