PDA

View Full Version : A little lost here

Viper555
04-21-2003, 07:10 PM
For some reason here lately i've had trouble on deciding on what specificly I need to be training whenever I work out. I don't know why but I have the feeling that i'm just not progressing enough or properly. I've decided that one day i'll practice stuff for combat and the next ill practice my forms and such and just keep on alternating between the two. Combat practice would be the techniques that i've found to be very practical and useful to me and i'll train them repeatedly until I can do them subconscious after a time of training them(hopefully) and on the other day i'll practice my forms, kicks and things like that.

Do you guys think that this will help me get out of this hole i'm in? What would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for any help or comments on this.

Robinf
04-22-2003, 05:24 AM
guoheun has a good suggestion.

Other suggestions:

do your forms backward--do the techniques properly, just in backward order

do your forms with your eyes closed

do your forms so you do every move three times before moving on to the next move.

Shaolin-Do
04-22-2003, 03:05 PM
Sometimes when Im geting bored of the same routine, Ill do 1 week of nothing but speed training (instead of weights, with light power) then 1 week of solid power training (light speed) then get back onto my regular schedule. The break usually helps "burn out" a lot.

prana
04-22-2003, 04:18 PM
One part of many possibilities....

sounds like a plateau or an early warning that you have been overtraining without adequate rest, or nutrition.

Plateau's are best overcomed by good rest for 2 weeks, and the only exercise which comes close to what put you there in the first place, should be totally visual.

Hope you overcome it soon...

Viper555
04-22-2003, 06:45 PM
I don't really think that it's burn out. I just got off from spring break and I didn't do anything the week before that, so i've had two weeks off. I want to train. I love it. I can't get enough of it, it's just that i'm not really sure how I should be training to be the most efficient fighter that I could be. I think the new schedule I came up with should help me out a lot thought.

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys.