PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Guys

Robinf
04-22-2003, 05:47 AM
I want to thank many of you who helped me with my problem of being struck in the groin being that I'm female in a class of males.

I tried your advice a nice, pointed kick to the upper inner thigh--a kick that truly meant business. No one has even gone near my groin since then. One guy, in fact, just totally backed off.

Many of the guys then threw me around, being that they're 6'+ and 5'4". When I took them with me, though, I choked a few of them and pinned one by twisting up his legs and kneeling on the mangled mess and pinning his arm behind him. Only one guy, now, tries to take me down, but he and I have been studying together for nine years--he better try everything he can--that's how we improve!

Thanks again, Guys! I appreciate all the advice.

I did talk to my instructor and made him aware of what was happening. He couldn't believe that I put up with that and he was glad I came to him. He told me to give what I get and said from now on just defend myself and not worry about him. I didn't want him getting in trouble if I did something to hurt someone--I know I'm not leaving and I'll never complain, but some people out there have lawyers at the drop of a hat...

Train safe. Train hard!

Oso
04-22-2003, 07:27 AM
Glad to hear it was resolved well !:)

Water Dragon
04-22-2003, 08:07 AM
Cool. Now we have a groin ripper AND a groin kicker on KFO.

Guile
04-22-2003, 09:40 AM
Good thing the jumblies are now safe! :D

Shaolin-Do
04-22-2003, 12:03 PM
a groin ripper?
sounds dangerous.
check your p.m.s WD
:)

Water Dragon
04-22-2003, 12:09 PM
Did check the pm's. Doesn't sound like what we do is what you're looking for. Good luck in training.

Shaolin-Do
04-22-2003, 12:50 PM
Err....
Mmmhmmm....
Im confused now. Im interested to cross train basically any way I can(kung fu)... Im just bulking up for the next couple of weeks, quitting cigarettes, ect.... Ive been jogging a little, but my knee is not in good shape, still waiting on surgery.

Black Jack
04-22-2003, 01:04 PM
Just on a side note there are two female arnisadors in my class and it does take some getting used to on my side when sparring.

A guess it's a typical male reaction of you don't want to insult nor harm a girl by accident. At least they smell better.

nospam
04-22-2003, 07:41 PM
What the heck sort of goons are in your kwoon :D

And seeing that you are a senior student and instructor...yikes! Nice to see you handled it with a little tough luv. Sometimes that is required. I know as my underlings rose through the ranks and gained skilled, I was challenged as a senior student, especially by the larger fellows. What they fail to understand is as a senior, you are giving quarter. So every once in a while i didn't soften the blows and I followed through with my strikes. In short..they realised, in part, why senior students are respected.

I recall one fellow who thought he was quick as lightening...sort of looked at me as the quickest gun arouns so he thought if he could get past my blocks and make contact..his ego was satiafied. It wasn't hard to realise who and when the student(s) needed tough luv - heck...my sifu gave it to me as my ego balloed as well during my day. Of course being one of the first students, I had only my teacher to cop an attitude on :) My ears still ring when I recall those 'lessons'! hahaha

So when this quick gun laid hands on me, I simply followed through on my techniques. He soon realised being first without power was garbage. Speed alone, outside a tournament setting, was as useless as forms alone. Last I heard he was trying to make it in the movies.

I'd imagine Robinette that being female in a male dominated discipline brings its own unique...challenges. I know having trained with females...sometimes you are just -ahem- distracting ;) And in a school that spars, the men would naturally push the envelope to a degree. I didn't read your other post on your most recent challenge but it sounds like you stepped up to the mat and showed them why you are a senior student as well.

High Five.

And I think one day we SHOULD spar:D As I recall you have called me out on more than one occasion! Back int he good 'ol days..

nospam.
:cool: