PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think of this?

Pawa-eri-to
04-22-2003, 05:14 PM
I thought it was a bit suspect... http://www.taichi.com/taichi.html I found this one day when I decided to see what was on "taichi.com"

Laughing Cow
04-22-2003, 05:26 PM
Should I laugh or should i cry??

Looks very fishy to me, some of those stances.:eek: :( :eek:

Their curriclum is interesting too.

LEVEL I

Yang Style Tai Ji Quan (also referred to as Tai Chi Chuan)
This simplified 24 movement form is charictarized by slow, relaxed, and evenly paced movement. This course is recommended as an introduction to the internal program.

Yang Style Tai Ji Sword
As a compliment to Yang style Tai Ji, this sword form emphasizes the use of dynamic thought and extending it through the body and sword.

LEVEL II
Combined Tai Ji 42 Movement
This form combines four prominent styles of Tai Ji today-- Chen, Wang, Wu and Sun. This form is used in the People's Republic of China as a competition set.

Chen Style Tai Ji Sword
This sword form advances the student's understanding of dynamic waist movement and introduces the concept of Fa Jing (explosive energy).

LEVEL III
Chen Style Tai Ji
Chen style Tai Ji is considered to be the original style of Tai Ji; distinguished from the Yang style by its low stances and unique combination of slow and quick explosive movements.

Ba Gua Zhang
Emphamsis is on the use of the waist, intricate turns and sliding footwork in defensive and offensive movement.

Xing I Quan
Employs linear sequences of fast attacks through a combination of unique footwork and relaxation followd by dynamic movement.

Wushu Mantis
An explosive form, employing fast snapping multiple strikes, high and low stances and aggressive footwork.

Very interesting, Teacher also looks kinda young in my eyes to teach ALL of the above.

Joshua chose to specialize in internal styles of Wu Shu: Chen Style, Yang Style, Ba Gua Zhang, Xing I, as well as Wushu Mantis, and Straight Sword.

Brad
04-22-2003, 06:43 PM
It seems like and oddly put together/incomplete curriculum(chen sword before empty hand?). About the age, I've known people younger who've known more, but acording to his bio(from what I read) this is all from about only three years of training... With his listed wushu credentials, probably the best place to ask about him would be http://www.beijingwushuteam.com 's forum. Some old US Wushu team members post over there, so someone might know him.

Brad
04-22-2003, 06:48 PM
Noticed Jason Yee teaches there, so it can't be that bad, lol.

Vapour
04-22-2003, 09:52 PM
What he teach seems to be wush tai chi.

Repulsive Monkey
04-23-2003, 08:18 AM
I don't like to be too insulting but I saw one of his videos and too be honest at best I can only call the man a flake. He has precious little to do with Yang style Taiji and talks in near idiotic terms with some of his descriptions which just indicate he has flaff all real knowledge. You're right though about the 3 year stint bit it seems he just picked up the bare shell of the few quickest forms available whilst he was there.
I mean would you consider learning genuine Yang Family Tai Chi Chuan off of someone who only spent 3 years learning it? And then go round claiming to others that you knew Yang Taiji? Well if you came up against someone who really had put some time into it and got it from a good source I'm sure they would wet themselves laughing at you.

guohuen
04-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Step Tai Chi!!!!!!!!That's just tooooo funny! It looks like she's doing the swim from hullubaloo. Was she one of the dancers from Herman's Hermits twentieth farewell tour?:p

Repulsive Monkey
04-23-2003, 10:35 AM
Too be honest I knew someone from Montreal who studied his so called Yang form, and later when she started practising with a real Taiji teacher had to abandon it all as the new teacher whatched her form and with a puzzled expression asked her "what is that?". From all the arts he syas he's picked in 3 years I think it's safe to say he's not what one would deserve if one wanted to really learn Taiji.