PDA

View Full Version : Ohio

OdderMensch
04-22-2003, 06:35 PM
I'll Be at the great lakes tourny this weekend, anyone else?

Atleastimnotyou
04-22-2003, 08:14 PM
Some people from my teachers school in Cleveland are going. Have fun.

Shuul Vis
04-22-2003, 08:25 PM
Odder, you study from Steve Cotrell (sp?) Authentic kung fu right? I took class there for about a month but i had to move away. I liked it the short time i was there though. How is everything? And what is this tourney near ohio? I live in ohio and would probly like to go check it out.

cha kuen
04-23-2003, 09:41 AM
I may be able to attend!

wingchunalex
04-23-2003, 09:05 PM
good luck up there. If you were there last year I probably saw you. I won't be going, too much $$. plus I'm at college now. I've had my fill of that tournament though, I've gone the past 4 or 5 years. Its too much money to go up their and only do chi sau and not get any decient sparring. for $50 I want to spar more than 1 person. lol.

Have a great time. Its a fun one.

Hopefully the chi sau will go better. It was doable last year but it felt more like sumo with all the pushing. The chi sau seems to change year to year, last year it was sumo, the year before it was pushhands, the year before it was warp speed.

I've often thought that if the advanced students went first, instead of last, then the whole attitude of how chi sau should go at competiontions would be different. I thought that if the advaced people went first instead of the begginner people setting the tone of a shoving match, then some better more controlled chi sau would come out of it and everyone would enjoy it more.

but hey, have fun. good luck to sifu cotrell and company. It was nice chi sauing with you guys last year.

OdderMensch
04-23-2003, 10:19 PM
Shuul Vis
Hey, I think I remember you, like two years ago? PM me, the tourny is in Cleaveland.

wingchunalex
Well, If you can't go......Competeing is fun and all, but the real treat is to "touch hands" with peeps from other schools afterwards, thats always a blast!

Atleastimnotyou
Yeah, I'm just sad red5angel's fanaticism didn't last the year, I'd have loved to have "met" him.

cha kuen
Hope to see you there, i'll be the one wearing the kung fu t-shirt ;)