PDA

View Full Version : Black Sash Cancelled? Please Support...

YiLiJingLei
04-23-2003, 12:16 AM
Hi, folks,
I've heard rumors that the WB is cancelling Black
Sash. When I checked the WB website, I found the Black
Sash page had been deleted, and a rerun of an old
Charmed episode being slated instead this coming Sunday. What a disappointment.

While I enjoy the show, and I'm hoping that the series lasts, I feel like I'm rooting for an underdog. It's great to see the martail art I study on TV. Although my standards are high, and some of what they are doing on the show is technically a bit hollow/shallow, I'm grateful that they don't use goofy, overdone, tired flying-on-wires stunts!! Also, Black Sash is MUCH better than David Carradine pretending to be Chinese, and a martial arts master on top of that from the old "Kung Fu" series...

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the home team can survive the 6 episode trial they're signed to, but it looks like the WB has dropped the show after only the 4th episode has been aired?!? I hope they would at least try to air the show in a different time-slot before deciding to cancel it.

Even though no one on the show looked like masters performing, I feel it's realistic and a good thing that they aren't all bagua super-freaks. While there was a bit too much contemporary-wushu-flash-&-trash/posing for me, I realize it's TV, and glitz sells. Also, while it is traditinal Bagua someone is showing the actors, and thier
execution isn't perfect, I've seen "famous" instructors in person look worse. I've been looking forward to seeing the characters/actors
continue to improve...but if the show's already cancelled, what
a let down.

I do like some of the character development going on progressively on the show, and the emphasis on Wu-De (martial morality) is very refreshing. There's definately some potential, but to be fair, they are promoting Bagua & martial arts in general in a positive light, and they are making an honest effort. The show is a lot better than other popular programming on TV, so I'm asking anyone that is interested to email the programming contact at the WB, faces@talk.thewb.com , and ask them please don't drop Black Sash without giving the show an honest chance.

Sincerely,
Dennis Mace
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChengShiBaguaHui/
Seattle, WA
http://www.chengshibaguazhang.com/

shaolin kungfu
04-23-2003, 12:19 AM
Black sash sucks. It deserves to go.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-23-2003, 12:40 AM
i have only managed to download and watch the first episode. i would continue to watch it for the brunette alone. something about muscularly defined yet still quite thin barbie doll built bi tches with nice tits do it for me.

Souljah
04-23-2003, 03:41 AM
when are they cancelling it? Now? or after the first series?
It seems silly not to give the show at least a full series and then decide.....
I like the show, I think its the closest thing we get to a 'kung fu' -like tv show.
I've downloaded the 1st 4 episodes but boy where they hard to come by - I guess you can sort of tell the popularity in that - smallville is on kazaa and mirc about an hour after every new episode, and buy the end of the next day a few hundred people will have it online - now with black sash, after a week I could only see one or two people with it.....

Dark Knight
04-23-2003, 04:13 AM
Just for the hotties its worth keeping.

I love those workout suits

Oso
04-23-2003, 04:57 AM
Also, Black Sash is MUCH better than David Carradine pretending to be Chinese, and a martial arts master on top of that from the old "Kung Fu" series...

I won't debate the martial aspect of "Kung Fu" with you.

However, I would like to point out that the acting and script writing was as good as any other TV show of it's time. Better in lot's of places. During it's run it had 9 Emmy nominations and won for Cinemetography and Directing for Episode #4, "An Eye for an Eye". I don't see that happening for "Black Sash"

"Black Sash" is fluff aimed at the 13-18 year old group. If the martial aspects were better, the fluff could be ignored.

dwid
04-23-2003, 05:36 AM
There is little we can do to save it. These decisions are made based on popularity. Appealing to the marginal group here that would be part of the only demographic to support the show in the first place is an empty gesture.

Even if the show makes it through the six episodes initially scheduled for airing, do you honestly think it will make it onto the Fall schedule?

In my mind, it's no worse than many of the shows out there. Lots of crap like Becker, My Big Fat Greek Wife, and all those nameless stupid abc sitcoms I just don't get. However, somebody clearly likes those other shows. Clearly very few like this one.

Thems the breaks. Network TV is about selling advertising time. Apparently, Black Sash isn't drawing enough love to justify its existence.

monk weed
04-23-2003, 06:40 AM
Dark knight said:" Just for the hotties its worth keeping. "

Sure am gunna miss those girls.

:(

Oso
04-23-2003, 06:55 AM
c'mon, the girls weren't that hot. And they were all angst ridden about something or another. the guys too. the only kid who seems pretty squared away was the black guy. But, I'm sure the writers would have thrown him into some stupid situation at some point.

And, I'll still vote Barbera Hershey as hotter than any of them...I think that episode was "Cannon at the Gates" but I might be wrong. Come to think of it...the brunette does kinda look like a young Barbera Hershey.

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 07:50 AM
"muscularly defined yet still quite thin barbie doll built bi tches with nice tits do it for me."
Gotta say that made for a sigh and a smile.
:)

guohuen
04-23-2003, 08:14 AM
OK Oso, I'll spoil it for ya.:D Remember, Barbara has "touched" Ringo.:p

Guile
04-23-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
"muscularly defined yet still quite thin barbie doll built bi tches with nice tits do it for me."

:D

norther practitioner
04-23-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do

So, what you are saying is, you wish you could be GDAs *****.... we all know you've gone out and gotten a boob job.....
just don't get the hairy face transplant.

Kumkuat
04-23-2003, 08:45 AM
yeah, it's not very realistic either, I mean where would you find all those hot chicks in an internal martial arts class?

dwid
04-23-2003, 08:49 AM

Yeah, it should be about a power yoga class whose instructor uses his super yoga powers to fight crime when he's not busy banging all the hot chicks in his class.

Guile
04-23-2003, 08:56 AM
Power yoga would do well!:D
More people participate in yoga then ma ( at least from the females that I see).

PHILBERT
04-23-2003, 09:22 AM
Comparing my martial arts class to my Yoga class...its true, the hotties go for Yoga over martial arts. We get maybe one female in my class once every 3 or 4 weeks, sometimes longer. But in my Yoga class, there is only one other guy :D. Everyone remembers that post I made last August about how much I loved Yoga right?

Kumkuat
04-23-2003, 06:31 PM
i have to keep reminding myself to learn yoga at my local college someday.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-23-2003, 09:14 PM
i wanna get back to someone bein my bi tch.

who needs cigerettes?

PHILBERT
04-23-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Kumkuat
i have to keep reminding myself to learn yoga at my local college someday.

You can't even BEGIN to FATHOM what you'll see there. Last semester had much more hotties, but average hotties. This semester the hotties were drop dead gorgeous, but fewer in rank. Like...3 or 4 total (not including the teacher mind you).

If they ask why you are taking it, don't say `cause the girls. Honestly thats not why I took it! :D

Sadbot
04-24-2003, 12:31 AM
It was embarrassing to watch with anyone who knew nothing of kung fu; I am glad to see it go.

Oso
04-24-2003, 05:36 AM
guohen, that's ok. It doesn't spoil the fantasy. she was hot in the KF episodes.

Elizabeth Taylor is a hag but have you seen "Ivanhoe"? Oh, man!!! and the other one where she's the Egyptian queen...in the milk bath.

guohuen
04-24-2003, 08:23 AM
I'm savoring that image now!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

African Tiger
04-24-2003, 08:28 AM
Sorry bro, as an actor in Los Angeles who studies kung fu, I'm ecstactic that the show is being cancelled. I tried to audition for the show, and my people told me that they took the show to Toronto.

How dare they shoot in Canada, and keep American actors from working on it? :mad: Not that they couldn't, but members of SAG can't work in Canada without SAG contracts. By going to Toronto to shoot Black Sash, the producers can get around that little pain in the ass and pay actors whatever they want, and avoid paying our pension and health premiums, and hire local stuntmen/actors/crew that may not be as well trained as people in Los Angeles.

**** 'em. They shot Martial Law in Los Angeles, why couldn't the WB shoot Black Sash here? GREED.

Suntzu
04-24-2003, 08:39 AM
LOL @ AT having 'people'... do ya thang bruh...

Jowbacca
04-24-2003, 01:33 PM
African Tiger
I loved you in GvsE :p

Suntzu
You need to be checkin those PMs like a tampon.

Suntzu
04-24-2003, 01:46 PM
:eek:

Jowbacca
04-25-2003, 06:08 AM
PMS....tampon.... get it?

*dead silence*

....*.....*.....*......
..*....*.....*.....*...
*watching tumble weed bouncing by*

*goes and sits in the corner*

*sobs quietly*

Suntzu
04-25-2003, 07:00 AM
:D... i guess we have the next Eminem right here... clever tho... took me a sec...

Jowbacca
04-25-2003, 07:21 AM
next eminem?
naw, been there, tried that.
"Slightly Obiese Shady" just didn't have a good ring to it.
Think I'll stick to plain old Pork Chop.
Well, if I ever wondered whether or not I could survive as a stand-up comedian; now I know (don't quit my day job). :D

Ryan
04-25-2003, 02:25 PM
I think it's a crime against God to cancel "Black Sash" and allow "Charmed," "Dawson's Creek", and "Buffy" to pollute the airwaves.

Hot girls nerping...how can you go wrong!

SevenStar
04-25-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by PHILBERT

You can't even BEGIN to FATHOM what you'll see there. Last semester had much more hotties, but average hotties. This semester the hotties were drop dead gorgeous, but fewer in rank. Like...3 or 4 total (not including the teacher mind you).

If they ask why you are taking it, don't say `cause the girls. Honestly thats not why I took it! :D

indeed. pilates classes draw hotties also.

wushu chik
04-26-2003, 08:40 PM
I watched it, I liked it, I am not happy that their cancelling it!

But what can I say, it's full of morals and all that OTHER bullsh!t, so i'm sure that's why you all don't like it!

AT- About Toronto...Build a bridge and get over it! It's cheaper to film there, because we know all you hollywood folks are expensive!!! Especially you and yer fine ass!!!

~Wen~:D

African Tiger
04-28-2003, 08:35 PM
I know this is a bit late, but :D

I didn't know you cared, wenny-poo!

At least Wesley Snipes will shoot his next film in the US! Hopefully yours truly will make a cam-afro....er, CAMEO!

SevenStar
04-28-2003, 08:49 PM
They showed two episodes of Charmed last night...*hurls*

Souljah
04-29-2003, 04:21 AM
if you check on the wb site's message boards, its apparently on a break and will resume in 3 weeks or so....

"its just on 3 week hiatus for may sweeps"

Now, I'm not american, and have never been to america. So for all i know this is a period when the whole nation brings out their tools of cleanliness and take to the streets..... :eek: ....:p :D :p

But anyway...Those words were said to come from a WB spokesmn, apparently there is still talk of cancelling the show but after the first season if it continues the way it is.....

To keep you updated (http://talk.thewb.com/viewforum.php?forum=37&4017)

greg

guohuen
04-29-2003, 09:42 AM
Sweeps are the bone the networks through out twice a year. Most shows will run an episode written by someone other than bobo the chimp faced boy, lots of things will blow up, cars WILL be rolled and there will be tatas till Tuesday.

Jodo
04-29-2003, 12:51 PM
I like the show, its great. My fav episode is when the sifu's son comes to reclaim the dojo and sell it.

AGAIN! The show is more for 13-18 viewers, just like all the other shows on WB (Besides shows like Seinfield and Everbody Loves Raymon that show during the week).

A. Tiger, your an actor? What movies/shows have you been in?

shaolin kungfu
04-29-2003, 12:58 PM
The show is more for 13-18 viewers

Maybe this is the reason they have such bad ratings...

or maybe you meant the 13-18 age group.

African Tiger
04-29-2003, 03:05 PM
KFO'ers, school this newbie "Jodo" for me! :D

Jodo, that photo in my avatar is from the DVD "Mean Mother", which was actually filmed in 1972, but features me on the cover.
Feel free to check my page on imdb.com under "Giacomo Knox"

...but, I digress. Black Sash sucks because I can't (legally) audition and/or work on the show. And Wenny only loves it because her "boyfriend" Russell Wong is on it :p

African Tiger
04-29-2003, 03:07 PM
Ryan, at least "Charmed" is a nice jiggle fest. But only Alyssa Milano is worth taking home :eek:

Oso
04-29-2003, 03:26 PM
AT, sorry but I have to disagree, AM would look horrible once she scrubbed all that base off her face. I've only watched a few times but Piper is by far a more beautiful woman than any of the others.

African Tiger
04-29-2003, 04:06 PM
Piper? Now who's high? Ewww, dude, if you have seen her up close like I have (worked on a few episodes) I think you would have a change of heart...as well as a turning of the stomach!

Dude, she's got more chunks than a whole bag of Chips Ahoy! Nice girl, I have to say, but....

although she's pregnant "in real life", so somebody out there loved her :D

Oso
04-29-2003, 05:14 PM
there you go...'nice girl'. Yea, she looked a little more 'normal' than the other chicks but that's cool...it ain't all in the package.

AT, you should get an update to your imdb webpage if you have other credit's than the one's listed there. "Charmed" wasn't listed. Not doubting you worked a couple of episodes but your representation on that page didn't show it.

If you see 'piper' again, tell she's got a fan that think's she's hotter than Melissa "vampire lesbian" Milano.:D

African Tiger
04-29-2003, 07:29 PM
Actually you're right, Oso. But I have to do the updates myself, and the guys at imdb do the research to see if it's a legit credit.

It took them 3 months to find my Malcolm and Eddie episode!!! I hate to think what would happen if I mentioned my stunt credit in Double Dragon...which is where I met the aforementioned Alyssa "Ms. Milano, if you're nasty." :D

Got a hug, felt her up in the process, oh yeah, I'm the shizmit! :p

Oso
04-29-2003, 07:47 PM
wellll, I didn't say I wouldn't feel her up, given the opportunity:D

but, I'd take piper home to meet my mother:)

wushu chik
04-30-2003, 02:53 PM
Yes, AT..I do care....

I don't think the show is JUST aimed at 13-18 year olds. I personally think it got a bad deal being on WB, because of course, that's how everyone is going to perceive it. It's a good show. It's nice to see a Sifu that's a normal person, not some demigod. He's actually got real problems, and has an actual life outside of KF. It's refreshing.

Also, It's not like Kung Fu, that stupid series. Some people like the philosophy, and some people get REALLY bored with it.

It's a good show, and I'd hate to see it go.

~Wen~

SevenStar
04-30-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by African Tiger

although she's pregnant "in real life", so somebody out there loved her :D

At least for a good 5 mins, anyway :D

PHILBERT
04-30-2003, 10:09 PM
I searched Amazon.com and found this photo (http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00007L4M2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg). Ya look like you are ready to kill someone :eek:

joedoe
04-30-2003, 10:13 PM
Is that you AT? I always thought you were a bit older for some reason.

Serpent
04-30-2003, 10:21 PM
It's not what he looks like that spins me out, but that his real name is Giacomo!

Fen
05-03-2003, 08:28 PM
Here is a link that I found for a Black Sash Forum.

Black Sash Online (http://www.blacksashonline.com)

And as you can see some one likes KFO as in the "online" thang

YiLiJingLei
05-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Hi, folks,
Good news for all of us "Black Sash" fans: I just heard & verified that the 5th episode of "Black Sash", everyone's favorite Bagua TV show, will air on the WB at 9pm/8pm Central time on Sunday, May 25th!
For details, please go to the WB's website:
http://www.thewb.com/Shows/Show/0,7353,||1263,00.html
The fate of the show is still uncertain, so if you enjoy the show, and see it's potential, please go to the site to offer your support. Thanks, and best wishes.

Sincerely,
Dennis Mace

SevenStar
05-12-2003, 11:52 PM
ROFL@ AT reminding me of Busta Rhymes