PDA

View Full Version : Leung Ting in action

black and blue
04-23-2003, 02:46 AM
Here's a link to some mpegs of Leung Ting Sifu in action.

Enjoy!

http://wingtsunwelt.vipex.net/english/videos/video_lt.html

sel
04-23-2003, 03:09 AM
these ones are good too ;)

http://www.wingchun.com/wtmain.htm

http://www.mcdojo.net/videos/wt1-4.asx

PHILBERT
04-23-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by wujidude
I liked the videoclips . . . he's good. But so are a lot of other people who don't call themselves (or let themselves be called) "Great Grand Master (GGM)." Hell, even William Cheung doesn't market himself that way.

Regards,

Great GREAT Grand Master Wujidude

Um...not trying to start a war or anything, but please tell me that 11th Degree Master of Almightiness is a joke? The picture looks unusual with those hands there and all.

anneemu4
04-23-2003, 02:13 PM
Oh my gosh what a site! I'm so upset about that. I hate it when MMA guys make fun of kung fu and various of MAs. Just mocking WC practicioners and everything

I mean the videos of the street fights were not too shabby... I just should have known what kind of site it was from those videos :mad:

I get this crap from BJJ people that I work with telling me my kung fu sucks and if internal energy is such a great thing than I should start picking things up with my internal energy---then follow it up with a few good solid "f**k wing chun f**k wing chun!!"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

yuanfen
04-23-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by anneemu4

I get this crap from BJJ people that I work with telling me my kung fu sucks and if internal energy is such a great thing than I should start picking things up with my internal energy---then follow it up with a few good solid "f**k wing chun f**k wing chun!!"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr [/B]
-----------------------------------
Hi- I dont know who you are learning wing chun from... but if you have been at it for 7 months or so- it is still too early to understand the art. If you are going to learn any art- you cant worry too much about critics- so long as you have good instruction.
It is best I always argue to find the best instruction possivle- in any art.... does not have to be wing chun.

anneemu4
04-23-2003, 04:04 PM
I'm not saying that I'm fighting them. It just came up in conversation once and they; right out the gate; started to make fun of me.

I know enough wing chun to know I'm not very good at it :-D

jon
04-23-2003, 06:09 PM
anneemu4

Dude, you got made fun of by a couple of guys who spend most of there time covered in sweat rolling around on the ground together.
To make matters worse while your attempting your pak sao and bong sao's there out there trying to execute rear mounts and submissions:eek:

Seriously BJJ is a great art, so is Wing Chun. There will always be people who dont understand what you do.

Meh, I study Taijiquan as a combat art, imagine the stuff i have to put up with:rolleyes:

black and blue
04-24-2003, 01:31 AM
Errr... I don't really care about the titles used, I just thought it was nice to see the head of an organisation (not my own) regularly posting footage of him doing his thing.

WTJune
04-24-2003, 07:24 AM
hey guys - maybe you'll like this ones better:

http://213.47.252.56/wt/vid/ --> there are some from GM Leung Ting in the 70s and from GGM Yip Man --> but you'll need the xvid codec.

ciao

June

black and blue
04-24-2003, 07:47 AM
Does anyone know where those video files can be found in standard mpeg format?

I can't download the codec at work, and have had trouble with such things on my Mac at home.

Help

:)

dezhen2001
04-24-2003, 08:07 AM
black and blue: try using this - i havent used it yet as my Mac isnt online but ive heard its good...

http://www.3ivx.com/download/index.html

it should play divX and Xvid too...

what Mac u got anyway? :)

dawood

black and blue
04-24-2003, 08:15 AM
I will try it when I get home tonight.

I have TWO Macs. :D

The original Bondi Blue iMac... and an iBook (running OSX).

Mmmm.... as slick as my Sifu's Wing Chun :D (though a wee bit more expensive!!!)

dezhen2001
04-24-2003, 08:49 AM
cool - im running an original g4 with a 1/2 gig of ram for my graphics/web work :)

cant connect online to the uni server with it though, so i have to use an old p133 mhz pc and can only get dial up :(

im not too sure on Mac OS X yet though... i still got 9.2 hehe

gee, computer nerds :p

dawood

Grabula
04-24-2003, 09:15 AM
I don't mean to sound like a complete jerk here but it seems like he is sort of sloppy? I might be expecting more from a 'grandmaster' then I should, but it just seems like he is missing his mark alot during those few videos. For example in the first video, it almost seems like he falls over on the guy. In The video where the guy looks like he is going for an over the shoulder throw it looks again like he is going to grab the guys elbow or there abouts and he misses.
One more thing I noticed, he ends up on someones ribs with his knees at some point, which most undoubtedly would hurt, but his grip on the guys wrist seems weak, if that makes any sense?

John Weiland
04-24-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by black and blue
Errr... I don't really care about the titles used, I just thought it was nice to see the head of an organisation (not my own) regularly posting footage of him doing his thing.
Good deeds are always punished. I agree with you though that this is interesting to see. I wish more video clips of Wing Chun in action so comparisons can be made between approaches.

Regards,

pseudoswitch
04-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Those video clips of Yip Man sifu are pretty cool :cool:

Does anyone know if there are any more on the net? Maybe some longer clips?

Also, are those clips taken from a commercially available video? If so, is it still available anywhere?

Cheers

Miles Teg
04-24-2003, 07:19 PM
Probably gonna get burnt for this but................
He doesnt look very connected in his form, especially when turning.

pseudoswitch
04-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Are you talking about Yip Man? Which video clip/s???

PHILBERT
04-24-2003, 09:47 PM
Wing Tsun Kung Fu by Leung Ting (the video) has some footage of Yip Man practicing on the wooden dummy and other stuff. Not Dynamic Wing Tsun (though it might, I haven't watched that one yet). It says on the cover of the Wing Tsun video that it has footage of Yip Man.

WTJune
04-24-2003, 11:15 PM
philbert is right - i have the authentic wing tsun video and there is this video from GM Yip Man.

BTW.: on the Wingtsunwelt homepage Master Leung - has the 10th grade

ciao

WTJune

sorry - i wrote dynamic - but the vid is called authentic wing tsun

captain
04-25-2003, 10:18 AM
hey black and blue,did you see top of the pops 2,last week?
it had the smiths singing,this charming man,choice.but at
the end,morrissey performed a mighty [high] left arm bong
sao,complete with bunch of flowers in hand!!!

pseudoswitch
04-25-2003, 01:57 PM
Is it worth buying these videos just for the Yip Man footage? How long is he on screen for?