04-23-2003, 05:12 AM
Hi Gene.

Are you back in the americas now?
Welcome back!

Hope you have some treats for us here. :D

cheers

GeneChing
04-23-2003, 09:19 AM
Yep, I'm back and SARS free. And I do have treats, but you'll have to wait because I'm really behind in my work now. Plus I'm still processing the experience. Articles and goodies to follow. Hints will be dropped in posts here. Actually some already have.

I will say this of my morst recent Shaolin pilgrimage: I didn't get beaten up by any villagers nor busted for molestation. ;)

guohuen
04-23-2003, 09:21 AM
Welcome back. Glad you had a safe trip.

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 09:21 AM
good to that you didnt "let china take your breath away"....
:)

SevenStar
04-23-2003, 10:34 AM
I hope he's got some treats.... Heck, he didn't even tell us!! I called him to talk about some forum issues, and someone answered the phone saying "he's in China doing...um.... research at the shaolin temple"

Mods need to research too! Can you send us somewhere?

:D

brothernumber9
04-23-2003, 11:42 AM
"I will say this of my morst recent Shaolin pilgrimage: I didn't get beaten up by any villagers nor busted for molestation. "

Maybe they didnt beat you up cuz they knew you weren't a "monk" undefeated fighter for the past 40 years and that you would actually hit back. Kinda reminds me of a "monk" that got his jaw gripped up by Shi Guolin in Texas in front of the Jonie uniforms stand a few years ago.

KC Elbows
04-23-2003, 12:14 PM
CUSTOMS AGENT[going through Gene's luggage]: Boy, you really must like brownies.

GENECHING: Yeah, uhm... yeah.

Welcome back Gene. And darn smart of you to bring brownies. After all, who brings tea with them to China?

GeneChing
04-23-2003, 01:59 PM
kc: Stay away from my brownies. Actually security was really tight in China - nearly got strip searched at the airport. Also did you know it's illegal to carry on booze on domestic flights? Sorta messed up my duty free purchases.

brothernumber9: Kinda does, huh...

ss: You have my permission to go. We won't send you though, you got to go on your own. Didya get my PM on those issues?

sd: Well I was a little travel sick, but no SARS thankfully.

gh: Thanks.

KC Elbows
04-23-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
Also did you know it's illegal to carry on booze on domestic flights? Sorta messed up my duty free purchases.

It's gems like this that the KFM forum is designed for.

SevenStar
04-23-2003, 09:12 PM
you're not gonna send me?? What kind of perks are those? I got your PM earlier today - I'm sending the response now.

GeneChing
04-24-2003, 09:40 AM
KC - Yep, new law. I had brought two bottles of 12 yr single malt for a friend and they made me go all the way out of the security area to check it in luggage. I had to scarmble to buy a little briefcase and check it, then run back to my gate. And you know what they were selling in the stores next to the gate - liquor (!?!) Thankfully, it made it, and I've actually grown quite fond of my new briefcase.

SS - Dude, I had to work my butt off just to send myself. I'm still working my butt off now, playing catch-up. Just work your butt off, then you can go. And you know what'll happen at Shaolin Temple. They'll work your butt off. That's kung fu for you. Work it.

Serpent
04-24-2003, 09:36 PM
Is Gene Ching really Missy Elliot!?

:eek:

shaolin kungfu
04-24-2003, 10:01 PM
lol.:D

As long as he doesn't put his thang down flip it and reverse it. Whatever that means.

GeneChing
04-25-2003, 11:16 AM
Come on, Missy Elliot? :rolleyes:

[Censored]
04-25-2003, 12:20 PM
Where did you fly into? What was the cost of the plane ticket?

KC Elbows
04-25-2003, 01:22 PM
Yeah Serpent, you should be ashamed of yourself. Comparing a total ho like that to a true lady.:D

No problem Gene, I've got your back.:eek:

What are you looking at? Someone's got to represent the lowest common denominator.

Puritans.

Serpent
04-26-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by GeneChing
Come on, Missy Elliot? :rolleyes:

Yeah, poor Missy.

:)

GeneChing
04-28-2003, 03:13 PM
Now come one, guys. If I was Missy Elliot, do you think I'd let Margie take the lead on the got qi girls thing? No way. I'd be using those long fine legs to push the mag in ways that your forum minds couldn't even imagine.

Actually on second thought, I'd probably go into the music vidoe industry and make some real money.

[c] - I flew into Bejing then took a direct to Zhengzhou - RT was $665 int. + $194 dom. You could probably get a cheaper flight now. When I went in I had two whole rows to myself. On the way out, they had collapsed three flights into one so the plane was really packed.

[Censored]
04-28-2003, 06:04 PM
That sounds like a great price. Was the $195 from west coast US to Beijing, or from Beijing to Zhengzhou? What airline did you fly?

I was looking online last weekend for tickets to Beijing, the cheapest I found was $1040, two months in advance.

norther practitioner
04-29-2003, 07:53 AM
From U.S. to Beijing I've seen some for as low as $550

GeneChing
04-29-2003, 08:58 AM
I flew Air China Int'l and China Southern Dom. The flights were booked late due to some trepidation with the war and all on my behalf. We could have probably got a better price had I not hesitated.