PDA

View Full Version : Cycling Qi

David Jamieson
04-23-2003, 06:49 AM
Anybody do any of these exercises?

Whrein you cycle chi to your extremities and back to your lower dan tien?

what are you finding the benefits to be?

cheers

David Jamieson
04-24-2003, 06:25 AM
guohuen-

Any qi cycling exercises, small or large.

Do you move chi through you with intent?
How does it feel afterwards and during for you?

cheers

David Jamieson
04-25-2003, 04:53 PM
yes, it is quite refreshing. :)

I am wondering if there are many exercises that are common to the fold of popular chi kung practice. And also looking for long term purposes to some of the exercises.

cheers

TaiChiBob
04-28-2003, 12:39 PM
Greetings..

While "reverse abdominal Breathing" accentuate (but don't exaggerate) the spinal wave during the exhale.. this happens as the abdomin expands, the breath is expelled, and the spine rolls upward in a wave-like fashion culminating in a motion that almost "whips" the neck/skull into a fully extended and straightened spine (triple yang)..as you transition into the inhale phase push the Ming-Men outward by contracting the abdominals causing a "compression in the mid-torso and accentuating the "peng" of the shoulders (triple yin).. This exercise should be done with "intent" of each cycle being a pump that moves Qi along the grand circulation.. as stated previously the vessel will fill and naturally overflow into the extremeties..

The only time i "lead" (yi) Qi into extremeties is for a particular application or training purpose, otherwise i let nature do the healing.. as stated before, keep the Qi moving....

Be well