PDA

View Full Version : Training with wimmin! Advice needed.

Ether
04-23-2003, 08:28 AM
The class I attend has about 6-8 people in it most days. Only one of these is a woman. She is just over 5 feet tall and of slim (but athletic) build.

On a couple of occasions I have been asked by this woman 'to stop being so rough'. I am VERY conscious of the amount of force I use when training with her. I am very, very careful not to hurt her. She does get bruised occasionaly though. As do I!

Everyone else in the class is male, nearly 6 foot and of medium to heavy build. We all hit each other hard.

Now my question is this. Bearing in mind that this is a 'practical' class, we are learning martial applications and we try to do this with realism as a priority, should I go easier on her (as the rest of the class do to a rediculous extent) or keep on pushing her?

My main concern here is that she is not receiving realistic training as she thinks she can 'defend herself' against men, but I believe that she cannot. And if she never feels even a taste of what a full power punch is like she will get a real shock if she is ever attacked.

Im trying hard to be the best training partner I can to her and would appreciate some advice.

Thanks in advance

MasterKiller
04-23-2003, 08:38 AM
It's not really up to you decide if she's getting the best training possible, it's up to her to suck up the pain and get stronger.

If she asks to go light, go light. She will have to deal with the consequences herself.

You could always ask the Sifu to speak to her if you feel strongly about it.

Robinf
04-23-2003, 08:41 AM
Being a woman, I understand both of your dilemnas.

Some people just don't care about practicality and are there for exercise first, defense second (or not even at all). Respect her decision for herself and go as light as she wants. It's not your decision how she works out--it's her decision.

eulerfan
04-23-2003, 08:49 AM
Is she sort of new?

Are you better than her? Do you have superior technique? I mean, if somebody isn't as good as you, you sort of spar at their level, right? You don't give them all you have. Otherwise you are just embarassing them and not helping them learn, right?

If this is the case and you are sparring at her level, stop that. Whatever strength you remove, replace with something else. Frustrate her. She'll end up wanting to use strength.

If not, if she's been there a while and has the technique, give up. She's made it this far being a wuss and will resist change. Lost cause.

Ether
04-23-2003, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the replies. Id basically already decided on the same course of action that you two suggest, but wanted it confirming for me.

Of course my only problem now is not getting riled when she hits me in the guts, full power. She has pretty good technique and fists like daggers. They are so small they almost fit between my ribs!

;)

MasterKiller
04-23-2003, 08:55 AM
If she is popping you hard, I say pop her hard, too.

If she can give it, she should be able to take it.

eulerfan
04-23-2003, 08:55 AM
H3LL NO!!!

You tell her that you don't know how hard she wants to go and that you'll just match her strength. Let her decide. Then do it. If she hits you hard, hit her back as hard. If she complains, say, "Hey, I was going as hard as you."

That is unacceptable.

MasterKiller
04-23-2003, 08:57 AM
I concur.

Ether
04-23-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by eulerfan
Is she sort of new?

nope been practising slightly longer than me, although not as often.

Are you better than her? Do you have superior technique? I mean, if somebody isn't as good as you, you sort of spar at their level, right? You don't give them all you have. Otherwise you are just embarassing them and not helping them learn, right?

Agreed. This is what im trying to do, find a balance. She is better than me at some things, worse at others.

If this is the case and you are sparring at her level, stop that. Whatever strength you remove, replace with something else. Frustrate her. She'll end up wanting to use strength.

This is a good idea but she already uses strength and power when attacking, she just cant take the pain back.

If not, if she's been there a while and has the technique, give up. She's made it this far being a wuss and will resist change. Lost cause.

This might be the case :(

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 08:58 AM
I have the same problem not wanting to stick any of the females while sparring... Until I catch a nut shot. :(
In all honesty, when sparring someone better than me, I want them to go full out. And if they dont, i usually do something to **** them off. :)

eulerfan
04-23-2003, 09:02 AM
I'm at the other end of the spectrum.

I can be covered in purple welts and still say, "Hey! You're not going easy on me on account of the ovaries, are you?"

Ether
04-23-2003, 09:06 AM
Yeah I agree that she shouldnt hit harder than she is willing to take, I will have a word about that. The MAJOR problem I have is that she also happens to be my wife! The little monkey knows she can get away with it. :D

eulerfan
04-23-2003, 09:11 AM
Dude, if she's your wife, you should be able to tell her that she won't be able to defend herself in real life if she doesn't know how to take a real punch. You should be able to explain to her that her training isn't realistic.

I would hope the lines of communication in a marriage would be open enough for that.

Talk to her about it. What's the problem?

Ether
04-23-2003, 09:25 AM
Dude, if she's your wife, you should be able to tell her that she won't be able to defend herself in real life if she doesn't know how to take a real punch. You should be able to explain to her that her training isn't realistic.

I would hope the lines of communication in a marriage would be open enough for that.

Talk to her about it. What's the problem?

Haha, we have talked about it often. We agree something and then she carries on smacking me and moaning when I smack her back. One problem is that we arent talking free-sparing here, so we have no pads or gloves. We are practising throws, locks and body strikes in this situation. I have to be really carefull. I actually put a lot of her heavy handedness down to lack of control, but then she does have an evil edge also. Id love to get her in a ring with a full suit of padding on though. Ill have to suggest it :)

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 09:28 AM
Yeah dude, gotta be with euler there. If shes your wife you should be able to tell her that her shoes are ugly and you hate the new bedspread she bought. :)
As for being rough on chicks, lately Ive gotten in the habit of just giving a nice forceful sweep when they get out of hand. Putting them on the ground hard, but not too hard usually warns them away from the junk.
(instead of being too passive, most chicks at our kwoon are devious crotch hunters.)

MasterKiller
04-23-2003, 09:31 AM
Yeah dude, gotta be with euler there. If shes your wife you should be able to tell her that her shoes are ugly and you hate the new bedspread she bought

Only if you never want anymore booty.

eulerfan
04-23-2003, 09:34 AM
Ether, seriously, she AGREED to let you go hard with her? And you are asking us how to get her to go hard? How about reminding her that she agreed to it and holding her to that?

You are asking for advice and leaving out the most salient most relevant possible information.

You intentionally presented this situation as something completely different from what it actually is.

What the............I don't............hmmmm.:mad:

MasterKiller
04-23-2003, 09:36 AM
I concur.

:mad:

;)

eulerfan
04-23-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
As for being rough on chicks, lately Ive gotten in the habit of just giving a nice forceful sweep when they get out of hand.

:rolleyes:

MasterKiller
04-23-2003, 09:43 AM
(instead of being too passive, most chicks at our kwoon are devious crotch hunters.)

Of course. Everyone knows Shaolin's original teachings were dedicated to impaling the crotch from all angles. It was only after the Communist propaganda infiltrated China that the government decided to make Shaolin teach impure skills such as punching the head and kicking the stomach.

shaolin kungfu
04-23-2003, 09:46 AM
Luckily, I have found a shaolin school that still teaches the ancient technique of laying seige to the groin.

shaolinboxer
04-23-2003, 09:47 AM
there is a woman where I train who complains about people being too rough, then slams down on you whenever she gets the chance. i don't even bother to train with her anymore since i can't trust her. see..she's doubly dangerous...so she can forget it.

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 09:48 AM
Whats the sheepish smile about euler?
:)

Ive found that it gets the message across, and I dont have to hit them in the head or something. (still have qualms with it from being raised properly.)

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 09:50 AM

Ive found that it gets the message across, and I dont have to hit them in the head or something. (still have qualms with it from being raised properly.)
" Luckily, I have found a shaolin school that still teaches the ancient technique of laying seige to the groin. "

You camp out next to it and continually abuse it?
Now that really is devious.
DEVIOUS!

eulerfan
I never go for the crotch shot unless it's WELL camouflaged. Like, a hook kick while I'm close and throwing my fist at the face at the same time.

I've just seen that most men are well guarded against that when up against a women.

Ether
Ether, seriously, she AGREED to let you go hard with her? And you are asking us how to get her to go hard? How about reminding her that she agreed to it and holding her to that?

You are asking for advice and leaving out the most salient most relevant possible information.

You intentionally presented this situation as something completely different from what it actually is.

What the............I don't............hmmmm.:mad:

Nope, she never agreed to let me go harder, she agreed to stop hitting hard and then moaning when I did it back. Her point of view is that I hit her disproportionately hard. I dont believe I am.

I was asking if people thought I should keep bringing it up or just drop it.

My relationship with her should not have any real bearing on it to my mind.

shaolin kungfu
04-23-2003, 09:51 AM
Yes, sometimes using large seige weapons such as the trebuchet.

eulerfan
04-23-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do

It's no a sheepish smile. That smiley is rolling his eyes. At you talking about teaching women lessons when they get 'out of hand'.

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 09:53 AM
I keep it guarded to the utmost extent, But I take off my glasses when I spar (making me legally blind) so my peripheral vision kinda goes to sh!t, and 2 on 1 sparring usually makes for some shots to the junk.
besides, its hard to block kicks with your knees when you're already blocking your knees with your massively endowed junk.

;)

eulerfan
04-23-2003, 09:55 AM
Ether, if she's agreed to it, hold her to it.

How you handle situations with a loved one will be QUITE different from how you handle situations with somebody you don't even see that often. It's very relevant.

Black Jack
04-23-2003, 09:56 AM
I think your question was answered perfect on the first three or four return answers. Though at the time I think they had a mental picture of free-sparring in mind. Something you now say is untrue and that you are in reference to partner/counter technique style drills.

Nothing I can add except one thing that may apply.

If you are going to easy on her in this sort of partner/counter technique training then what you are doing is called "pillar assualts." Which is by its essence the sars of martial arts training.

A pillar assualt is where you play the good and friendly uke. You don't deal with resistance, nor retraction, nor random chaos, you throw out a cross and basically leave it out there for your defender to manipulate into a complicated series of movements and jointlocks, or your overcommit a blow, or you go with the flow on everything and don't make them work for it.

You see it all the time so be carefull as its your wife and I hope you would want her to have the best and most realistic training you can muster.

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 09:56 AM
"At you talking about teaching women lessons when they get 'out of hand'."
lol
makes me laugh
here is a something we all need to read and understand.

When women get out of hand, they need to be taught a proper lesson. Bully them around and throw them on the floor, show them what a 'man' you truly are.

:p

Ming Yue
04-23-2003, 10:28 AM
I've seen this before with couples who train together. She's taking advantage of your relationship to get the upper hand, and neither of you will benefit from it. *edit* (that sounded kind of harsh - she may not be doing it out of evilness, but essentially she IS taking advantage.)

Start drilling with other people in class.

It'll give you a good sense of how appropriate your power level is, and it will give her the opportunity to see how other students train. Perhaps she'll choose to get over her fear of pain and enjoy training, rather than complain to everyone in class that they're all hitting her too hard.

Besides, you'll both get a much more rounded experience by drilling with lots of different people.

Robinf
04-23-2003, 10:38 AM
We have a few husband/wife teams in our TKD. One team, the husband does hit his wife a bit too hard. She barely makes contact when she spars--I've been working with her on this and she's made good progress. When I see he's hit her too hard, I partner up with him and make him work to hit me at all. It's more humiliating for him to not be able to hit his opponent than it is to get hit hard.

Maybe this could be something--make her work to be able to hit you.

fa_jing
04-23-2003, 11:30 AM
Slighty OT: There was a lady at my old TKD class (many years ago) that was BAD. 3rd degree or something, could beat all but the topmost men. Nobody wanted to mess with her!

Most other ladies I've seen in the martial arts, however, weren't all that as fighters.

eulerfan
04-23-2003, 01:48 PM
I'm not all that as a fighter. I would never figure I would have to use what I know against another fighter. I imagine I'd use it to garner an opportunity to run away. That would be against a mugger or a rapist or some such person.

The fact that I can sort of hold my own amongst men who have fought a lot in their lives and study fighting gives me confidence that I would be able to do that.

Were I attacked by a MAist, well, that's the breaks. I'm screwed.

Don't think that's going to happen, though.

MasterKiller
04-23-2003, 01:52 PM
Were I attacked by a MAist, well, that's the breaks. I'm screwed.

Don't think that's going to happen, though.

As long as you stay away from the comic book shops and arcades, you should be fine. True MAists rarely venture far from the safety of such places.

Xebsball
04-23-2003, 01:55 PM
dont think twice, just knock her out dude

eulerfan
04-23-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
As long as you stay away from the comic book shops and arcades, you should be fine. True MAists rarely venture far from the safety of such places.

Yeah, I'm not exactly planning for such an eventuality.

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 02:12 PM
If you just start wearing a chainwhip as a belt you should be fine no matter where you go.

sticky fingers
04-23-2003, 06:12 PM
Man who hits his wife too hard in class will get no piece after class...or is that peace??:confused: :confused:

seriously though, I wouldn't even partner up with her in class. Let her train with the other guys so she won't have that 'he's my husband so I can do what I like with him ' mentality.

Laughing Cow
04-23-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by sticky fingers
seriously though, I wouldn't even partner up with her in class. Let her train with the other guys so she won't have that 'he's my husband so I can do what I like with him ' mentality.

Agree, with this.

Husband/Wife teams should be split up.

Cheers.

SevenStar
04-23-2003, 09:06 PM
I haven't read this thread, so I'm sure this has been said, but leave it up to her. If she wants it hard, go hard. If not, go light. Talk to her, and get her to see the importance of contact training though.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-24-2003, 12:20 AM
"My relationship with her should not have any real bearing on it to my mind."

what fu ckin planet are you liven on?

and furthermore, why is it even a question on wether or not to hit your woman?

"talking about teaching women lessons when they get 'out of hand'"

yeah ... like when they open they mouf.

...................... if you want her to go harder you are going to have to make her want to go harder. if it's not happening you are eventually gonna have to accept it rather than deal with the continued frustration. if i were in your shoes i would just return each individual hit for hit as it came and would refuse to argue the point. i'm assuming you aren't working with her exclusively, but if you are you should definatley mix it up as others have said.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-24-2003, 12:23 AM
on returning hit for hit this obviously excludes the occassional accidental thumper.

Ether
04-24-2003, 02:26 AM
Great, thanks for the replys. Having read the whole thread again today I can see that I maybe should have mentioned our relationship from the start. Would have saved on confusion.

Given me a bit to think about.

Black Jack. What do you mean by 'SARS'? I guess your not refering to the nasty sniffle thats picking off octogenarians at the moment?

The 'Pillar Assualt' as you describe it is not quite what I mean by 'going easy'. That would be a complete waste of everyone's time. When she is countering I make it difficult for her and challenge her and do not 'gift' myself as you describe. What I meant is that when training with the other lads I will 'test' their ability to receive blows and will throw them reasonably hard, as they do to me. She complains vociferously when this is done to her.

eulerfan
04-24-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
"talking about teaching women lessons when they get 'out of hand'"

yeah ... like when they open they mouf.

Look, my mouth is open. AAAAAHHHHHHH. AAAAAAAHHHHHH. Whacha gonna do 'bout it, sissy boy? AAAAAAHHHHHHH. Look, you can see my tonsils. Aren't they pretty? AAAAAAHHHHHH

BAI HE
04-24-2003, 09:23 AM
And what does one say to a woman with two black eyes?

You should have listened the first time.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-24-2003, 10:34 AM
sounds a little more redneckish if you say "nofin ... she dun been tol twice."

eulerfan ..... stop flappin your slap maganent :)

Ming Yue
04-24-2003, 12:06 PM
**grabs a seat ringside, orders a beer and waits for the bell**

...pssst. .... Ask your girlfriend for help with spelling the next time you need to type a two-syllable word, ok?

eulerfan
04-24-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Ming Yue
**grabs a seat ringside, orders a beer and waits for the bell**

I'm not fighting GDA. He's kick my ass. We've already established that.

They're just angry because we women got equal rights but retained the PMS copout AND you guys still have to pay for dinner.:p

Seriously, you guys need to find better negotiators.
:D

eulerfan
04-24-2003, 12:44 PM

Yeah, right. Chicks fed me all through college and for a couple of years after.

TRAITORS!!!

I want names.

I swear, if I end up having to buy my own big macs just because masterkiller is a good lay.......

eulerfan
04-24-2003, 01:02 PM
I'll talk to a sketch artist and get back to you.

Shaolin-Do
04-24-2003, 01:10 PM
hehehehe...
I dont let wimmins pay for me... doesnt feel right.
I buy them dinner as a demonstration of my testicular fortitude, at somewhere nice like burger king.
Then I woo them with a bucket of busch beer on ice.

Not really.....

MasterKiller
04-24-2003, 01:17 PM
To quote Ice Cube:

Intro: girl, Ice Cube

[Ice Cube, do you think you could give me some money to get
my hair done?] How short's your hair right now?
[Well you know I get it done every week, and I need my nails
done too] Look, I'ma tell you like this

Verse One:

I ain't the one, the one to get played like a pooh butt
See I'm from the street, so I know what's up
On these silly games that's played by the women
I'm only happy when I'm goin up in em
But you know, I'm a menace to society
But girls in biker shorts are so fly to me
So I step to em, with aggression
Listen to the kid, and learn a lesson today
See they think we narrow minded
Cause they got a cute face, and big-behinded
So I walk over and say "How ya doin?"
See I'm only down for screwin, but you know
ya gotta play it off cool
Cause if they catch you slippin, you'll get schooled
And they'll get you for your money, son
Next thing you know you're gettin their hair and they nails done
Fool, and they'll let you show em off
But when it comes to sex, they got a bad cough
Or a headache, it's all give and no take
Run out of money, and watch your heart break
They'll drop you like a bad habit
cause a brother with money yo, they gotta have it
Messin with me though, they gets none
You can't juice Ice Cube girl, cause I ain't the one

Interlude One:

[Girrrrrl, you got to get these brothers for all the money
you can honey. Cause if they ain't got no money, they can't
do nothin for me but get out of my face.]

[I know what you mean girl, it ain't nothin right jumpin off
unless he got dollars]

Verse Two:

Sometimes I used to wonder
How the hell an ugly dude get a fine girl's number
He's gettin juiced for his ducats
I tell a girl in a minute yo, I drive a bucket
And won't think nuttin of it
She can ride or walk, either leave it or love it
I show her that I'm not the O, the N-E, say
I'm a ruthless N-I double-G A
Cause I'm gamin on a female that's gamin on me
You know I spell girl with a B
A brother like me is only out for one thing
I think with my ding-a-ling, but I won't bring no
flowers to your doorstep, when we goin out
Cause you'll take it for granted, no doubt
And after the date, I'ma want to do the wild thing
You want lobster huh? I'm thinking Burger King
And when I take you, you get frustrated
You can't juice Ice Cube and you hate it
But you see, I don't go nuts
Over girls like you with the BIG ol butts
It start comin out the pocket, to knock it
But when the damage is done...
You can only lay me girl, you can't play me girl
For the simple fact that, I ain't the one

Interlude Two:

[I don't care how they look if they got money,
we can hook up but they ain't gettin none.]

[Yeah I just make em think they gonna get some,
play up they mind a lil bit, and get that money.]

[Oh Ice Cube, can I have some money pleeeease?]

Verse Three:

Give you money why bother
Cause you know I'm lookin nothin like your father
Girl, I can't be played or ganked
Ganked means getting took for your bank
Or your gold or your money or something
Nine times outta ten, she's giving up nothing
They get mad when I put it in perspective
But let's see if my knowledge is effective
To the brothas man they robbing you blind
Cause they fine with a big behind, but pay it no mind
Keep your money to yourself homie
and if you got enough game
You'll get her name and her number
Without going under
You can't leave em and love and stay above em
I used to get no play now she stay behind me
Cause I said I had a Benz 190
But I lied and played the one
Just to get some now she feels dumb
To my homies it's funny
But that's what you get trying to play me for my money
Now don't you feel used
But I don't give hoot, huh, because I knock boots
You shouldn't be, so **** material
And try to milk Ice Cube like cereal
Now how many times do I have to say it
Cause if I have to go get a gun
You girls will learn I don't burn
You think I'm a sucka, but I ain't the one

Outro:

[But you said you love me!]
I don't see no rings on this finger
[Why you doin me like this? I love you!]
Yeah you love my money, I got what I wanted -- beat it

eulerfan
04-24-2003, 02:05 PM
pooh butt?

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-24-2003, 11:18 PM
i wouldn't fight eulerfan ... i am far too accustomed to beating up on weak women and the elderly. she might pose an actual challange and intefere with my quest for feeling powerful and dominant over others.

in all seriousness though, outside of training, i couldn't hit a woman.

..... but i will bust 3 holes in the wall right beside her head and delight in the fact that she thought it was coming.

the elderly are a different story.

MasterKiller
04-25-2003, 06:35 AM
pooh butt?
Why, yes. Any O.G. knows what a pooh butt is. Silly rabbit.

in all seriousness though, outside of training, i couldn't hit a woman.

..... but i will bust 3 holes in the wall right beside her head and delight in the fact that she thought it was coming.

To quote Chris Rock:

I'd never, ever, ever, never, ever, ever, ever, never, ever hit a woman.

But I'll shake the hell out of one.

eulerfan
04-25-2003, 09:30 AM

Why, yes. Any O.G. knows what a pooh butt is. Silly rabbit.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pooh+butt

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-25-2003, 09:45 AM
masterkiller ... lol ... i actually had that quote in my post initially but took it out cause it fuc cked up my flow yo.

MasterKiller
04-25-2003, 09:48 AM
Ok ok....I guess I'll have to explain it, as it was common slang when I was in high school in the early 90s.

Pooh Butt (n): 1. A person who has been taken advantage of, either financially or emotionally. 2. A Cuckold.

Example

Tyrone got played for a pooh butt when Shaniqua knocked boots with LaVander, then asked Tyrone for money to get her nails done.

eulerfan
04-25-2003, 09:57 AM
Hmmmmm. Perhaps it's just me but there appears to be a correlation between women who d!ck over men and women who get their nails done.

I mean, I've never cheated on a guy. Never even kissed somebody else while in a relationship that was clearly on its last legs. And I've only had my nails done once and that was during a spa day birthday present from my mother.

I think we might be onto something here.

Shaolin-Do
04-25-2003, 09:58 AM
Yes, a firm shaking usually does the trick.
I dunno if I could hit the wall next to their head, thats kinda like psycological beatins. And the shaking is only for after they have swung.

and yes, masterkilla ;) is right, any O.G. knows bout 'dem pooh butts.

MasterKiller
04-25-2003, 10:04 AM
Hmmmmm. Perhaps it's just me but there appears to be a correlation between women who d!ck over men and women who get their nails done.

It's only relevant for women who want men to pay to get their nails done, or hair done, etc...

The implication is that men give the women money with the expectation of returned sexual favors. When those expectations are not met, sed male has become a pooh butt, a sucka, played, and therefore associates all women with the one who created the affore mentioned state of pooh-buttedness.

eulerfan
04-25-2003, 10:11 AM
If a guy ever gave me a good shaking, I'd have to look at a calender to make sure it wasn't 1940.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-25-2003, 10:56 AM
we're not sayin to shake em for a little back talk, but if i get clawed across the face or hit in the head with an ashtray again the bi tch getin shook.

Shaolin-Do
04-25-2003, 10:59 AM
Im right there with GDA on that one. One hit = one good firm shaking. 2 hits? after they've been shook? Now its time for submission holds my friend.
bahahaha

Shaolin-Do
04-25-2003, 11:00 AM
Oh, and there arent any rules on beating old people. I call them "my soggy little unknowing training toys"

shaolin kungfu
04-25-2003, 11:02 AM
I prefer to kick small children. They're just the right height, and if you hit them hard enough they fly back a few feet.

eulerfan
04-25-2003, 11:05 AM
I would never hit a man. I would never do that. It's horrible.

I would simply passive aggressively make his life miserable and undermine his self confidence.

I mean, this is civilized society, isn't it?

Shaolin-Do
04-25-2003, 11:06 AM
but you must punch old people. They are tall enough to hit standing up.

BAI HE
04-25-2003, 11:12 AM
Not me. Kid's will bite and usually go straight for the yam bag.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-25-2003, 11:14 AM
eulerfan ... you've really never been pushed to that point? i know there were a couple times i deserved a good slapping and didn't bi tch when i got it.

MasterKiller
04-25-2003, 11:16 AM
GDA--what you pay $50 for in the privacy of your bedroom is your own business.

eulerfan
04-25-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
eulerfan ... you've really never been pushed to that point? i know there were a couple times i deserved a good slapping and didn't bi tch when i got it.

That's actually why I've never done it. It wouldn't accomplish anything. Guys just aren't really too fussed about taking a blow from a woman. You're not really hurt and you don't feel really threatened by it.

Ya'll will speak theoretically about how a woman isn't allowed to hit a man anymore than a man is allowed to hit a woman, but the two differ significantly.

Think about it. Imagine there is some guy who you knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, could take you down despite all of your best efforts. He has enraged you. If you hit him, he will either beat you down or say, "allright, you hit me. Fell better?"

Neither is going to be satisfying, is it? Wouldn't you find another way to get to him?

I have an aresenal of those other ways. I think most women do. And the majority of them, it's not even readily apparent that you are doing it on purpose. It's part of why they work so well.

MasterKiller
04-25-2003, 11:55 AM
I have an aresenal of those other ways. I think most women do.

Actually, most guys can recognize these "ways" by the faint odor of Tuna.

eulerfan
04-25-2003, 12:17 PM

Actually, most guys can recognize these "ways" by the faint odor of Tuna.

Right!! Granted, a lot of what I do, a lot of girls do in earnest. Guys think women are a certain way. I have never been on a mission to get to a guy who was p!ssing me off and had him stop and say, "Wait a minute. You are mathematician who values logic and reason. I know you don't honestly believe the things you are saying."

Not once. They always just get super frustrated and angry that I could possibly 'think' such things. Men's preconceived notions about the way women are is an amazing tool.

MasterKiller
04-25-2003, 12:21 PM
Euler's next shirt (http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/tshirt.php?sku=a212)

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-25-2003, 12:26 PM
i see your point euler .... i'm seriously gonna try to keep that in mind next time suzi is pulling that sh it on me.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-25-2003, 12:26 PM
then i can tell her to just leave me alone im thinking about other women.

eulerfan
04-25-2003, 01:04 PM
Don't think I don't know it cuts both ways.

As many times as I've pretended to be irrational, I've had a guy pretend like I was being incomprehensible when I was, in fact, being very clear.

shaolin kungfu
04-25-2003, 01:10 PM
They probably weren't pretending. Many times woman think they're making sense, when in fact they are babbling incoherently.

eulerfan
04-25-2003, 01:40 PM
Naw, 'cuz I don't do that sh!t anymore and I don't put up with men who do. Getting into all that strategy ends with a very 'war games' moral.

interesting game....the only way to win is not to play

Now that I don't do or put up with that, I have no problem getting my point across. Ever. Funny, that.

Xebsball
04-25-2003, 03:30 PM
some people deserve a beating, others deserve a hard beating.
being nice will get you fuked just like me, just fuked everytime (on the bad and figurative meaning of fuking of course)

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-25-2003, 10:04 PM
what's wrong xeb?

Marky
04-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Hi Ether,

If the person you are sparring with (man or woman) is serious about their martial arts practice, you should point out that they're only acting in a way to feed their ego, and it's more of a hindrance than a benefit for you AND THEM. And if this person doesn't take that to heart (of course, actually FIXING THE PROBLEM can take a long time), and they keep pulling cheap shots and think they're doing well, then stop working with them, because they're wasting your time and their own. AND LET THEM KNOW THAT!

Shaolin-Do
04-28-2003, 08:54 AM
Actually, most guys can recognize these "ways" by the faint odor of Tuna

now thats some sick sh!t....
bahahahaha

Becca
04-30-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Ming Yue
I've seen this before with couples who train together. She's taking advantage of your relationship to get the upper hand, and neither of you will benefit from it.

There are several couples at my school, but none of them do that. Just last week Wosu popped his wife with a neck shot that greyed her out. The only thing she said to him about it was, "guess I'd better work on neck toughening drills." The only time any of us pull punches is when our partener is obviously reached the end of thier endurrence. By backing off, we prevent serious injury while allowing them to keep pushing thier personal envelope.