PDA

View Full Version : Enters the door or penetrating hammer fist?

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 01:37 PM
Just curious if any of you had these forms, and if so, which one I should take first.
I already have white monkey exits cave.
:)
and please, nothing about "well that one is from this far in the curriculum, shaolin do is stupid and teaching it in the wrong order, ect..." Ive been in the MA long enough to understand applications without going through the entire system, and Im taking it privately. The class isnt learning this stuff.
Thanks for the help,
SD

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 01:38 PM
One more thing, I just want to know which one is more fun. :)
Some advantages and disadvantages over one another would be good too.
thx

BeiTangLang
04-23-2003, 01:41 PM
As quick as you are learning the forms & being that you already know the applications for them, it should not matter to you at all. Just get them both. I'm sure they will serve you well.
Best Wishes,
BTL

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 01:50 PM
****it bei, thats not helpful
Do you have both of those?
Only thing Im unsure of is the application of 1 stance,
(sorry I dont know what its called either...)
Hold on.... It was posted in another form on here....

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 01:52 PM
http://www.northernmantis.com/image...bopops/bb46.jpg

Thats it.
Dunno what its for, but it looks cool.

BeiTangLang
04-23-2003, 01:53 PM
LOL! I've already given you my best advice,....but , well,..never-mind. :D

I'll let you know next time I'm down your way.
Later!

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 01:56 PM
BTW, I really enjoy white monkey exits cave, Id like to compare it to your form sometime.
You going to legacy?
If not Ill take pics of myself doing it and try to get them to you or something.

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 02:09 PM
You headed towards the SAtown anytime soon bei?
If so let me know,
I have a full gym to train at in my garage.
err... still need my weight bench.
Gotta hang the 2nd heavy bag still too, and put up the ironfist sh!t.....

mantisben
04-23-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
Just curious if any of you had these forms, and if so, which one I should take first.
I already have white monkey exits cave.
:)...
Thanks for the help,
SD

I don't know the "Enters the Door" PM form, but what you call the "Penetrating Hammer Fist", I call "Spear Hand". The Spear Hand form is very agressive. There are lots of attacks, low side-kicks, a couple of throws, groin kicks, elbow strikes, monkey shuffling steps, and other shifty type of footwork. As for the hand-strikes, they're all VERY heavy. It has left and right crosses/reverse punches, round-house punches, upper-cuts, and one particular upper-cut punch that screams "I'm going to ram my fist in your gut and rip out your spine!"(Mr. Schwarzeneggar?). In this movement, you swing your fist very similar to the motion when you would throw a bowling ball.

When I do this form, I try to imagine that my body is the "Spear" and it is launching my "Hands" forward like the tip of the Spear.

The form, as I learned it, contains these movements. Depending on the PM style you're practicing, the form may be different.

Needless to say - I'll say it anyway - I like this form...:)

The "Enters the Door" form? I've never heard of it. Maybe it is a more advanced PM form than Spear-Hand/Fist of Penetrating Hammer.

Shaolin-Do
04-24-2003, 01:17 PM
Its a really rapid form with most of it done in the mantis hook hands, most attacks are to the chest and inner arms

Yeah, everyone Ive talked to said they really like penetrating hammer fist. I like white monkey exits cave a lot.... its a great form.