PDA

View Full Version : Just interested....

Can-O-Bud
04-25-2003, 05:16 AM
Any of you guys ever start a fight because of verbal abuse that you were getting at the time?

Just interested...

Cranestyle
04-25-2003, 06:14 AM
well if im honest then yes, i used to have a low tolerance for certain people (i.e. hip-hop wannabe thugs) giving me grief when i was younger. It would never be me throwing the first punch or getting physical first but i would never back down in the verbal battle before blows. A lot of fights escalated owing to my actions.

Then i got done for GBH when i was about 16/17, and after it had gone to court it made me a lot more able to walk away or control the situation. because knocking someone out is NEVER worth two years in prison and it was a shame that it took me getting a criminal record to realise that.

interesting topic.

HuangKaiVun
04-27-2003, 09:31 PM
I've only met one guy who verbally abused me in order to start a fight (an old karate classmate).

Instead of fighting him, I'd give him a big smile. Then I'd shake his hand, ask him how his life was going, and then hug him.

I figured that either he'd become my friend or he'd become consumed by his own rage.

He opted for the latter - thus ensuing that I'll torture him until he chooses differently.

Becca
04-29-2003, 10:59 PM
Do obnoxious sibblings count?

Former castleva
05-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Itīs definitely never worth it.
Those vibrations in the air are only a few seconds of distraction in your life that you can very well fend off,acting on them may seriously retard your life.

Sorry,I do know this was not on your list.