PDA

View Full Version : Qigong Novice seeks advice

KingMonkey
04-25-2003, 10:20 AM
Guys,

I study a style of WC that doesnt include any qigong. I would like to investigate this with a view to including some in my training.
I know this is a bit of a broad question but can anybody give me some advice about where to start ie main considerations, good online resources or books ?

Thanks

azwingchun
04-25-2003, 12:01 PM
I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind. Have you asked your Sifu if there is any qi gong training in his course? Maybe, he just teaches it later. Just a thought. ;)

KingMonkey
04-25-2003, 12:08 PM
I believe it's limited to a modified version of Siu nim tao. When I say modified it's just performed a lot more slowly, particularly the sam pai phaat section.
I'm interested in casting my net a bit wider with regards to qigong techniques and training.

azwingchun
04-25-2003, 12:20 PM
That slow version is also the first version I learned as a student, then it changed in Chum Kui. There was a little more added to the previous, then in Bui Gee a little more. That is why I asked if you had spoken to your Sifu yet.

Good luck in your search and development. ;)

foolinthedeck
05-05-2003, 03:25 PM
i'd recommend michael tse. he's based in manchester england, but he has links in the USA as well. he studied dayan gong as well as wc from ip chun and also other hard qigong etc.

check out the tse qigong centre here:
http://www.qimagazine.co.uk/

he has some great books, and he knows his wing chun too.
regards

bodhitree
05-06-2003, 05:16 AM
Im not sure of the exact web site but type Damo Qigong Hypermart into your search engine and then go to ancient schools of qigong and how there practiced. Yang Jwing Ming also has a book 8 simple qigong exercises for health and martial arts, the 8 peice brocade is a good starting point.**********

foolinthedeck
05-06-2003, 03:27 PM
i'd also recommend xing yi nei gong by cartmell and miller. good gong, power and health