PDA

View Full Version : okay, brian gray and steve damasco

ppower
04-26-2003, 06:51 AM
who is really the shaolin-trained master?

i recall a black guy named dennis jones having studied at the shaolin temple back in the early 80s. except that guy seemed like he had some real skills. gray and damasco are a joke.

what do you guys think of this new "shaolin" connection being made by phonies looking for some credibility?

frankly, i think some kenpo/kempo/"shaolin karate" ***s are just trying to prove that their sheet has a real lineage.

rogue
04-26-2003, 07:02 AM
Give Phrost over at bullshido.com a holler about the USSD (Steve Damasco). Now lock this this thread.

Royal Dragon
04-26-2003, 08:29 AM
I though Steve Damasco was a Kempo guy who later moved on to Hung Gar, and calls his system Shaolin Kempo becasue he's teaching Kempo to Black Belt, and Hungar after.

Black Jack
04-26-2003, 08:33 AM
I thought Steve Damasco was a guy who does big pimping of the word shaolin.

Royal Dragon
04-26-2003, 11:12 AM
Doesn't everyone pimp the word Shaolin?

Fred Sanford
04-26-2003, 12:09 PM
Doesn't everyone pimp the word Shaolin?

No, shaolin sucks.

GeneChing
04-28-2003, 10:18 AM
Just go and train. Who knows? You could be the next Gray or Demasco... or worse yet, the next Gene.:eek:

MasterKiller
04-28-2003, 10:36 AM
I though Steve Damasco was a Kempo guy who later moved on to Hung Gar, and calls his system Shaolin Kempo becasue he's teaching Kempo to Black Belt, and Hungar after.

DeMasco is currently training with Shi Goulin in New York. I'm sure he'll incorporate that training into his curriculum as well.

It's my understanding that he calls it "shaolin kempo" because they added some 5-animal technqiues to the style. These technqiues may have come from Hung Gar. I dunno about that part.