PDA

View Full Version : A seminar in Ottawa. (and a surprise meeting!)

old jong
04-26-2003, 05:58 PM
Today, my Sifu(and forum member);Patrick Gordon gave a seminar for my students of Montreal for the first time. The event was a great succes and a very pleasing and instructive experience.All of them left Ottawa with boosted confidence and expectations for their future progress in our art. My Sifu and his students made everybody feel at home and as part of the family. This will surely become a tradition between Montreal and Ottawa in the future.

...I even had the pleasure of meeting my good forum friend Matrix!...Who happened to drop by at my Sifu's club! He found himself in charge of the seminar pictures!...He did a good job B.T.W. ;)

P.S. Matrix looks like Keanu Reeves with his glasses on!...;)

Matrix
04-26-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by old jong
...I even had the pleasure of meeting my good forum friend Matrix!...Who happened to drop by at my Sifu's club! He found himself in charge of the seminar pictures!...He did a good job B.T.W. ;)

P.S. Matrix looks like Keanu Reeves with his glasses on!...;) Old Jong,
The pleasure was all mine. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that you were in town today. It's the strangest coincidence, since I happened to be in the area of your Sifu's school and dropped in to see if a class was in progress. Thank you to you and your students and of course your Sifu, for making me feel so welcome. I really enjoyed observing your seminar and taking pictures. Your students seemed to really be enjoying themselves and were like human sponges, soaking up all the great information that Gordon sifu was enthusiastically giving to them. By the way, your student's sifu is not too bad either. ;)

With my sun glasses, I actually look more like this smilie :cool: than Keanu, but thank you for the compliment.

A la prochaine, mon ami.

Matrix

Patrick Gordon
04-27-2003, 09:50 PM
Hello Old Jong & Matrix (I won't give up your names!)

I also had a wonderful time with the seminar, dispite the cold weather (half the seminar was oudoors). It was a pleasure to meet both Old Jong's students and Matrix for the first time. You were all perfect gentlemen. I am glad to have met Matrix since he is in the same town as myself, its about time. He is a very nice guy. Funny thing is, a Gung fu brother of his had introduced himself to me several years ago and I see occaionally at tournaments and such, and for some reason, I believed he was Matrix, so i had to ask myself who this imposter coming by my school was? ha!

Old jong's students showed a lot of potential and they were all very keen on learning Wing Chun. A great group of guys with good attitudes, just like their Sifu. I had them do exercises to develop different skills such as distance, timing, structure, power, footwork, neutralizing and drilling. It was all Siu Lim Tao level material. We also did some conditioning and went over the Siu Lim Tao form in detail.

I hope we can make this a annuel event...hell, were so close to one-another, we should make it bi-annuel! It hope your students are able to attend the seminar I am hosting with my Si-hing, Tony Frighetti later this summer and I will keep you informed of the
Sifu Fong/SiGung Ho seminar.

BTW, I went to your site and saw the photos you posted, nice!

Patrick Gordon.

old jong
04-27-2003, 10:15 PM
Thanks Sifu and Matrix!
Everybody had a great time and looks like we have a busy summer ahead of us with Tony's seminar and...Ho Kam Ming with Augustine Fong!...:cool: What can I say?.......Oh! I know!...It won't be fake Wing Chun!...;)

burnsypoo
04-28-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Patrick Gordon
Funny thing is, a Gung fu brother of his had introduced himself to me several years ago and I see occaionally at tournaments and such, and for some reason, I believed he was Matrix, so i had to ask myself who this imposter coming by my school was? ha!

No way, I'm much better looking than Matrix! haha.
:P

Glad you guys had fun though, always nice to see the Ottawa WC community getting a bit closer.

Matrix
04-28-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by burnsypoo
No way, I'm much better looking than Matrix! haha.
:P
Glad you guys had fun though, always nice to see the Ottawa WC community getting a bit closer. E,
So it was you. :D

How could we not have fun? Good people, good Wing Chun. What more do we need? :cool:

Originally posted by Patrick Gordon
[QUOTE]It was a pleasure to meet both Old Jong's students and Matrix for the first time. You were all perfect gentlemen. I am glad to have met Matrix since he is in the same town as myself, its about time. Gordon sifu, the pleasure was all mine. I really enjoyed listening to what you had to say about Wing Chun, and watching all the "light bulbs" go on over peoples heads as they reached a certain level of understanding. Very nice. As I mentioned when we met, you remind of my own sifu. Mainly through the enthusiasm you show as you teach the art, and explain the principles. It's the mark of an excellent teacher, IMO.

Thanks to you and my friend Old Jong,

Matrix

old jong
04-29-2003, 05:29 PM
Hey Matrix!
Don't forget!....You are welcome anytimes at my club. :cool:

Patrick Gordon
05-02-2003, 09:05 AM
Hello people,

I have back news for those whom wre interested in attending the seminar with Tony Frighetti. I received an email from him yesterday which read "I got thrown repeatedly on Sunday and tore the tendon off my bone on my bicep muscle. I had surgery yesterday, and they told me about three months to recover".

I haven't talked to him yet, so i don't know who was throwing him around, although i have an idea. Oh well, **** happens. Joy, do you know any details?

I will now concerntrate on the seminar with Sifu Fong and Sigung Ho for this summer. I will keep you updated.

Patrick Gordon.

Patrick Gordon
05-02-2003, 12:44 PM
hello all,

I just spoke to Tony and it wasn't who I thought had injured him. It was a very unfriendly horse! thats right, Tony is a a bit of a cowboy and he was trying to break in a horse. It had slammed him into a fence, which he had grabbed and it broke away, ripping his tendon. he is doing ok but in a lot of pain. He may be coming to Ottawa at the end of the summer or he may accompany Sifu fong when he knows of a date.

captain
05-02-2003, 01:00 PM
Hello Patrick,wing chun i ottawa,how fantastic.can you tell
me some of the history behind this.is it like rene and the
the chinese teacher he found in montreal?though new to the
art,for sure ill drop by this summer.

russ.

old jong
05-02-2003, 01:04 PM
Well!...Somebody is bound to say that Wing Chun does'nt work on horses...;)
Too bad for Tony.I wish him a fast recovery.