PDA

View Full Version : looking for martial art

hongkong fuey
04-27-2003, 11:19 AM
I'm looking for an art and cant seem to pin point it.

It flows like water with snake like movements then it's as explosive as a piston then it flows again no real kicks involved it's real graceful to watch as then the whole body moves like water with beautiful flowery hand movements the they explode using crane and snake like movements.

Can anyone enlighten me on what style/s this is.:confused:

chen zhen
04-27-2003, 11:27 AM
HKF, that can be the description of A LOT of styles, it could be Tai Chi, Wing Chun, Pakua, Southern Praying Mantis.. the list goes on and on.
You have to be more precise.
And I can see you've trained for a long time, longer than me. you should be able to find out;)

hongkong fuey
04-27-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by chen zhen
HKF, that can be the description of A LOT of styles, it could be Tai Chi, Wing Chun, Pakua, Southern Praying Mantis.. the list goes on and on.
You have to be more precise.
And I can see you've trained for a long time, longer than me. you should be able to find out;)
yeah I'm close but just cant find exactly what it is, some chen is close also some pakua, wing chun is nowhere close.

chen zhen
04-27-2003, 11:39 AM
So it's an internal style, maybe? that would narrow it down. my guess would be either Tai Chi Chuan (chen style) or Bagua.

Serpent
04-27-2003, 05:21 PM
Baji?

carly
04-27-2003, 05:23 PM
mei hua, the plum blossom style???

apoweyn
04-28-2003, 07:37 AM
Fist of the Marketing Executive

guohuen
04-28-2003, 08:59 AM
Is that like Bean counter chuan?:D

Shaolin-Do
04-28-2003, 09:04 AM
Actually the style I think you are talking about is called "rushing hands"
The technique calls for the body to "move like water"
I've only seen it once, was beautiful. Have absolutely no idea who would teach it tho.

MasterKiller
04-28-2003, 09:12 AM
Actually the style I think you are talking about is called "rushing hands" The technique calls for the body to "move like water"

SD, I don't think "rushing hands" is a real style of Chinese kung fu.

Shaolin-Do
04-28-2003, 09:22 AM
Read bout it in a couple books MK :)
Theres ass loads of styles and "substyles" that we dont hear **** about...
But then again they could just be karate hybrids like shaolin-do
right?

:p
:eek:
:D
But seriously, Ive heard of TONS of different substyles...

Shaolin-Do
04-28-2003, 09:22 AM
Ill do some more studying over the course of the week and get some info for you.

Brad
04-28-2003, 03:34 PM
Try posting the Chinese name of the style. Maybe it's just a really bad translation, lol.

Shuul Vis
04-28-2003, 06:53 PM
You could be talking about Hwa Yue Hsing-I Liuho-Pafa Ch’uan, or water boxing as it is often called. (talk about a mouthful) Its direct translation i think is Beautiful Mountain Mind Consciousness Boxing of Six Combinations and Eight Ways. Here is a link to a school that teaches it. I am in contact with the teacher and am really interested in classes myself.

http://www.cmai.ws/WaterStyle.asp

Former castleva
04-29-2003, 05:21 AM
Western boxing?

kungfuyou
04-30-2003, 04:53 PM
I think this is what you might be referring to. If you do a search on KFO you might be able to find a clip, I think I remember one being posted on here at one time. Sounds exactly like what you are talking about.