PDA

View Full Version : How are you then?

Former castleva
04-27-2003, 12:36 PM
Type something if you happen to look around.
How is it,really? What´s going on with you?
Feel free to freely associate,so to speak.

Jabb
04-27-2003, 01:12 PM
Yes, I like eating burritos too.

Former castleva
04-27-2003, 01:50 PM
Good for you.I have not tried them out just yet.

SevenStar
04-27-2003, 01:50 PM
My mom's having surgery tomorrow - hip replacement. Should go pretty smoothly though.

Former castleva
04-27-2003, 01:53 PM
I see.
I hope all goes well.
Hips,they tend to degenerate.

ZIM
04-27-2003, 04:19 PM
SARS is a wuss disease that is getting plastered all over the media so that we won't pay attention to all the fu ck ups going on.

It's a Conspiracy, dude! :p No WMDs, No economic package, no Saddam, ex-head of Shell Oil running the Iraqi Oil biz.... Oliver Stone's NEXT movie is coming out any day now... :p

But really, c'mon... It's not a killer like the **common flu** which kills 35,000 to 50,000 Americans a year *on average*!

So wassup with you?

Christopher M
04-27-2003, 05:00 PM
Nah, it's a wuss 'symptomological diagnosis'... as if no one presented with fever and a cough before this year. :p

But it's given supernational, nonrepresentational organizations the power to shut down major world economies on nothing but their word. Welcome the new world order!

joedoe
04-27-2003, 05:02 PM
Anyone notice that we had war (in Iraq) & pestilence (SARS) at the same time? :D

shaolin kungfu
04-27-2003, 05:06 PM
My dog has cancer. We have to take him to Madison for radiation therapy.:(

FatherDog
04-27-2003, 09:29 PM
I'm enjoying a good cabernet sauvignon tonight, so I'm just peachy.

Good thoughts to the gramma and the dog.

prana
04-27-2003, 09:38 PM
Lookin fwd 2 wearin those face masks soon .... :D

Serpent
04-27-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
Anyone notice that we had war (in Iraq) & pestilence (SARS) at the same time? :D

To be fair, more people die in Africa per hour of Malaria than have died globally thus far of SARS.

In China, 20,000 per year die of pnuemonia.

War in Iraq was a big mistake of the west, but war against Palestine and in several African nations and elsewhere has been going on for decades.

So, what about famine and death?

Well, famine, Africa again, not to mention that there are starving people in India, China, America, Australia, Britain...

Death? Yep, it's everywhere.

So, the Apocalypse isn't coming. We've been living in it for years.

The real pile of shyte is that we have the wealth, expertise and logistics in the "developed" west to end almost all of it. But the few with all the wealth choose not to.

:(

joedoe
04-27-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Serpent

To be fair, more people die in Africa per hour of Malaria than have died globally thus far of SARS.

In China, 20,000 per year die of pnuemonia.

War in Iraq was a big mistake of the west, but war against Palestine and in several African nations and elsewhere has been going on for decades.

So, what about famine and death?

Well, famine, Africa again, not to mention that there are starving people in India, China, America, Australia, Britain...

Death? Yep, it's everywhere.

So, the Apocalypse isn't coming. We've been living in it for years.

The real pile of shyte is that we have the wealth, expertise and logistics in the "developed" west to end almost all of it. But the few with all the wealth choose not to.

:(

All true. However, I think the thing is that change has to come from within. We can stop wars temporarily, we can even end hunger temporarily, but unless those in warring states or with hunger problems are able to change the way their own nations run, then they will eventually go back to they way they are now. Kinda like the "Give a mana fish and he can eat for a day, teach him how to fish and he can eat forever" argument I guess :)

PHILBERT
04-27-2003, 10:20 PM
Im eating a hamburger I cooked, drinking choclate milk and singing along with The Temptations, Im good.

Serpent
04-27-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by joedoe

All true. However, I think the thing is that change has to come from within. We can stop wars temporarily, we can even end hunger temporarily, but unless those in warring states or with hunger problems are able to change the way their own nations run, then they will eventually go back to they way they are now. Kinda like the "Give a mana fish and he can eat for a day, teach him how to fish and he can eat forever" argument I guess :)

Right enough. But we have the ability to buy that first fishing rod and give few fishing lessons. But we don't.

How was your trip?

joedoe
04-27-2003, 10:53 PM
Excellent. At first I was surprised at how friendly New Zealanders were towards Aussies and it kinda humbled me into thinking I shouldn't give them such a hard time in Australia. Then as we progressed towards Auckland they started to give me a hard time too - nothing too bad but the usual conversation went like this:

Kiwi: Where are you from?
Me: Sydney
Kiwi: Oh well, we won't hold that against you *s****** s*******.

:rolleyes:

I kept thinking, "Fair cop, I give you guys a lot of crap in Oz. But if you are going to make fun of me at least a) be original and b) be amusing".

Anyway, the trip was great. I am really impressed with the landscape in NZ and the people on the whole were very good. Not too different to here in the lifestyle (there were times when I had to remind myself I was not in Oz anymore).

I'd go back again :)

How was your birthday party?

We gotta hook up soon :)

Serpent
04-27-2003, 11:06 PM
Ooooh, it makes me hazy jusy trying to remember that night. Turned into a really big one and I spent all of Good Friday feeling very ordinary indeed. Was great fun though!

Glad your trip was good. Did you notice how the kiwi's would take an opportunity to charge you for anything?

Kiwi: Come and see our fantastic ruins of an old Maori village. Only ten bucks!

You: OK, sounds good.

*Pays $10, walks through gate*

You: Where's this ruined village then?

Kiwi: See those mounds over there covered in grass? Those are old huts, buried by volcanic ash 500 years ago.

You: Are you sure?

Kiwi: Certainly. Look, here's a plaque telling you all about it.

You: *Turns to look at plaque*

*Sounds of running Kiwi feet, clutching your ten dollars*

;)

Yes, we should catch up soon. Give me a shout when you have some spare time. You missed a yum cha lunch with TaoBoy last weekend. That was nice.

Serpent
04-27-2003, 11:06 PM
Er... It wasn't nice that you missed it. I meant it was a nice lunch! ;)

joedoe
04-27-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
Ooooh, it makes me hazy jusy trying to remember that night. Turned into a really big one and I spent all of Good Friday feeling very ordinary indeed. Was great fun though!

Glad your trip was good. Did you notice how the kiwi's would take an opportunity to charge you for anything?

Kiwi: Come and see our fantastic ruins of an old Maori village. Only ten bucks!

You: OK, sounds good.

*Pays $10, walks through gate*

You: Where's this ruined village then?

Kiwi: See those mounds over there covered in grass? Those are old huts, buried by volcanic ash 500 years ago.

You: Are you sure?

Kiwi: Certainly. Look, here's a plaque telling you all about it.

You: *Turns to look at plaque*

*Sounds of running Kiwi feet, clutching your ten dollars*

;)

Yes, we should catch up soon. Give me a shout when you have some spare time. You missed a yum cha lunch with TaoBoy last weekend. That was nice.

I know what you mean about charging. We went up SkyTower in Auckland. First you gotta pay to go to the observation deck. Then there is another deck further up that you need to pay $3 for!

I am a little disillusioned about some of the Maori stuff now. We went to see a cultural show (that they charged an absolute bundle for) and while it was entertaining and informative I couldn't help getting the feeling that they were making a few things up as they went along. Then when I started asking one of the hosts a few questions, they seemed to clam up very quickly.

All in all it was a good trip though. Loved Taupo.

SevenStar
04-27-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by PHILBERT
Im eating a hamburger I cooked, drinking choclate milk and singing along with The Temptations, Im good.

You listen to The Temptations?

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-27-2003, 11:33 PM
da mn im drunk.

Serpent
04-27-2003, 11:33 PM
He can't help it.

Joe, I hear ya. Then again, I was up in Cairns not too long ago and there's a real "aboriginal village" up there where "real aborigines" teach you how to throw a spear into a target on a hay bale, then they have a feast and do some dancing for you. Not so far removed really.

The funny thing was, I didn't go to that village, but if you take the cable car down from Kuranda you pass right over the village. As we passed over there were three guys all painted up and dressed in roo skins having a beer and a *** hidden away behind a building. Or so they thought! ;)

Serpent
04-27-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
da mn im drunk.

What on? Beer? Wine? Whisky? Success?

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-27-2003, 11:45 PM
i dont do whisky and success is only a vauge memory.

Serpent
04-27-2003, 11:50 PM
You were successful at getting drunk tonight. It's all about perspective.

Former castleva
04-28-2003, 01:12 AM
"So wassup with you?"
I´m sort of trying to force myself to read something-focus.

I should have known,this is rather serpent´ish thread.

TaoBoy
04-28-2003, 04:48 AM
Everything has gone pear-shaped.
Girl trouble.

Where's life's pause button when you need it?

PHILBERT
04-28-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by SevenStar

You listen to The Temptations?

Yup.

KC Elbows
04-28-2003, 08:39 AM
I was listening to Sam Cooke when I was getting ready this morning. I was even singing along, if you call what I do singing. It's more like what coyotes do to make their cries carry- it's not exactly the same note, it's sort of close, sometimes.

Sam Cooke was one smooth dude.

Shaolin-Do
04-28-2003, 08:43 AM
I am tired and dont know which beuatiful woman to pursue.
blah.
Stupid choices. :(
hehehehe
Did you know that death is the number one killer in the entire world?

Former castleva
04-28-2003, 09:57 AM
"Did you know that death is the number one killer in the entire world?"
This confirms my beliefs,I´m an educated layman you see.

"I am tired and dont know which beuatiful woman to pursue."
Ha?

Shaolin-Do
04-28-2003, 10:01 AM
Seriously, thats been a big cause of dilemma lately. I been stressin bad over which one to invest my time in :)

anyhow, I gots to go
Cya on the morrow
peace
SD

SevenStar
04-28-2003, 10:05 AM
Just got a call from dad - my mom's surgery went fine, and we're on the way the way to the hospital now to see her in the recovery room.

Former castleva
04-28-2003, 01:43 PM
Sevenstar,cool.

"Seriously, thats been a big cause of dilemma lately. I been stressin bad over which one to invest my time in"

Time is money,invest your money carefully. :)

"anyhow, I gots to go
Cya on the morrow
peace
SD"
Morrow.

Hey,thanks everyone for sharing.

Serpent
04-28-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by TaoBoy
Everything has gone pear-shaped.
Girl trouble.

Where's life's pause button when you need it?

What happened!?

Serpent
04-28-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Former castleva
"So wassup with you?"
I´m sort of trying to force myself to read something-focus.

I should have known,this is rather serpent´ish thread.

What, you mean cool, suave, sophisticated and a devastatingly effective martial artist?

Serpent
04-28-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
Just got a call from dad - my mom's surgery went fine, and we're on the way the way to the hospital now to see her in the recovery room.

You've got a computer and internet access in your car!?

Or are you on one of those new fangled Internet Buses?

shaolin kungfu
04-28-2003, 07:53 PM
What, you mean cool, suave, sophisticated and a devastatingly effective martial artist?

I think he means foofy with an odd brazilian disciple.:p

Serpent
04-28-2003, 08:23 PM
Foofy?

What the hell is foofy?

Ah, that must mean cool, suave, sophisticated and a devastatingly effective martial artist. I forgot about the Brazilian disciple briefly. Must have been blinded by my own brilliance. It's the only downside to shining as brightly as I do. ;)

shaolin kungfu
04-28-2003, 10:07 PM
What the hell is foofy?

It's hard to explain. Think about a pink french poodle, and you will get an idea of what foofy means.

Serpent
04-28-2003, 10:11 PM
I can't imagine a poodle being cool or suave, let alone a great MAist.

It does make me think of SevenStar though...

joedoe
04-28-2003, 10:14 PM
Serpent, you forgot to mention how humble you are :D

Serpent
04-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Yeah. I used to be conceited, but I'm perfect now.

:)

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-28-2003, 11:41 PM
i made it all the way here to say im really drunk again. at least today i sort of have an excuse. i scratched my eyeball on the white part and i only got one eye for a day. might as well get drunk if you ask me.

Serpent
04-28-2003, 11:54 PM
Yeah, cos then you'll see double, which is kinda like getting your eye back.

Former castleva
04-29-2003, 02:33 AM
"Ah, that must mean cool, suave, sophisticated and a devastatingly effective martial artist. "
Y´y...y´yeah.
;)

"i made it all the way here to say im really drunk again. at least today i sort of have an excuse. i scratched my eyeball on the white part and i only got one eye for a day. might as well get drunk if you ask me. "
You might want to get drunk less?

guohuen
04-29-2003, 09:29 AM
I told you lubricant was a bad idea.:p

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-29-2003, 07:50 PM
its all healed up. perhaps tonight i should drink to celebrate.

shaolin kungfu
04-29-2003, 07:54 PM
Good idea gda!

Serpent
04-29-2003, 09:06 PM
Have one for me.

Former castleva
04-30-2003, 12:35 PM
Keep it up guys.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-30-2003, 01:25 PM
no drinking tonight ... out of excuses, money, and stomach lining.

ewallace
04-30-2003, 01:29 PM
Go to a convenient store and steal the warm beer closest to the door and a bottle of tums (tropical fruit preferably). And quit crying.

norther practitioner
04-30-2003, 01:29 PM
After all that you've been through either you:
1. Are quitting at something as easy at drinking or.
2. Are being a wuss, who needs stomach lining (and 40s are still under $3).

3. It's all good, everyone needs a day off.