PDA

View Full Version : Chi Kung and Allergies/Asthma

Grinding Hands
04-27-2003, 01:21 PM
Any of you guys have serious asthma or allergies? Has chi kung helped? Anybody know any ways to relieve allergies naturally? I have a serious case that prevents me from doing alot of things.

sel
04-27-2003, 02:21 PM
i have a friend who was having serious asthma. hospitalization, the works. he got onto a breathing therapy called BUTEYKO, and after 6 months he stopped all medication and has been asthma free since then (a few years now). worth trying. if you do a google search under buteyko, you'll get all kinds of info and links.

Grinding Hands
04-27-2003, 02:42 PM
THanks Im gonna deffinitely check it out

Eread
04-28-2003, 05:18 AM
I too can vouch for the buteyko method! While I wasn't as badly afflicted as your friend, I was puffing the relievers all the time before. Buteyko's all but cured me- I still have trouble with animal allergies, but the exercise induced variety is no trouble anymore.

(And I haven't even been that vigilant with the breathing exercises - Buteyko WORKS)

Pax,

Ernst

foolinthedeck
04-28-2003, 03:10 PM
i kicked asthma while doing wild goose qi gong, taditional wing chun and homeopathic medicine. also me mom is a dietician so good diet plays a role too.

dezhen2001
04-29-2003, 02:12 AM
ive seen a lot of people get much more healthy from doing the wild goose as well as SLT too mate! its great to see :)

dawood