PDA

View Full Version : State of Shaolin in America

Ted
07-18-2001, 03:50 AM
What do people think about Steve Demasco and United Studios? What do you think about his claim of being ambassador to the Shaolin? How do you think he got this title? What is this going to do to Shaolin in America? Anyone know about his experience at the Temple? Who hes trained with? What hes learned? Anyone there when he was there? Anyone here anything about it?

Any thoughts?

Ted

Furious Tiger
07-19-2001, 02:19 PM
Grand Master Stephen B. DeMasco is the Head Master of the Shaolin Kempo system. He currently holds the rank of Kudan or 9th Degree Black Belt. He began his study of martial arts over 30 years ago and first earned Mastery level in 1985. Initially Master DeMasco was involved in boxing at Rocky Marciano's gym in Brockton, MA. Eventually he began his training in Kempo with Larry Mangone. He spent some time in the full contact fighting circuit and holds the record for the fastest knockout with a kick to this day. Master DeMasco has also spent over two decades studying various systems of Chinese Kung Fu. After trying a couple of styles he went on to earn Instructor level in Wah Lum Tam Tui Northern Praying Mantis. Since then he has spent many years training with Grand Master Tak Wah Eng. Master Tak's background is in the Kung Fu styles of Black Tiger and Hung Gar. Together Master Tak and Master DeMasco have formulated the Poon Lone Kuen or Circular Dragon Fist Kung Fu system. In 1997 on an historic trip to China's Shaolin Temple Grand Master DeMasco was promoted by Shi Yongxin, the Head Abbot of the temple, as a "Certified Honorable Master" of the Shaolin Temple.

I do't know what to make of it. alot of contraversy with Tak. you make up your mind.

Furious Tiger

Ted
07-19-2001, 02:42 PM
What do you mean by "alot of contraversy with Tak" ?

Royal Dragon
07-19-2001, 05:34 PM
I've heard Yongxin would promote ANYONE who offeres $$$ He, He, HE!

Heck even Shaolin Do has a monument at Shaolin!!!
Did he study under Chan Poi? If he did, and earned his instructor certificate under him he's got some skill for sure.
I heard it's called Shaolin Kempo because he teaches Kempo first as a base art, and them moves to a Shaolin curriculem later. Just rummurs though, I have no first hand knowledge.

Actually, I'm board repeting "others rummurs", I'm thinking of starting some of my own. Any one interested in jioning me?

Got any ideas on who would be good to maligne?

He, He just joking guys, don't worry i'm not serious but if I was, I'd pick on you!!

RD?

Check out the Royal Dragon Web site

http://www.Royaldragon.4dw.com

Dark Knight
07-19-2001, 06:10 PM
"I heard it's called Shaolin Kempo because he teaches Kempo first as a base art, and them moves to a Shaolin curriculem later. "

Pretty much.

The system actually teaches two sytems before Black belt. All the pinions are taught, Its only 5 forms but they are from karate, then the Kempo forms are taught, the problem with the system is that these froms represent two systems that are not fully explored for their value. (They are generic forms found in many karate systems.)

You can spend years learning the information in the Below black belt information.

Through the ranks the combonations that are taught are kung fu influenced. After Black Belt is when the Shaolin Cirriculem is taught.