PDA

View Full Version : Results of Bullshido poll on most worthless martial art

carly
04-27-2003, 05:48 PM
Poll Question:
When stuff goes down, which art WOULDN'T you want to have spent 10 years of your life studying? Results: (1517 votes counted so far)
Karate (any) (8.8 %) 134 votes
Tae Kwon Do (25.6 %) 388 votes
Brazillian JiuJitsu (10.3 %) 157 votes
Hapkido (1.5 %) 23 votes
Capoeira (20.4 %) 309 votes
Catch Wrestling (6.4 %) 97 votes
Aikido (10.8 %) 164 votes
WuShu (16.2 %) 245 votes

yenhoi
04-27-2003, 06:27 PM
Capoeira has mad knifefighters be a sad day to run into a real one on the street.

Where is Wing Chun?

:D

dezhen2001
04-27-2003, 06:42 PM
yenhoi - its obvious then - wing chun isnt worthless :D

dawood

African Tiger
04-27-2003, 09:03 PM
Then it's settled. Tae Kwon Do is now Tae Kwon Don't. Or perhaps even Take your Dough?

I noticed a whole lot of votes for BJJ....hmmmmmm. And a lot of votes for that People's Party administered dance-art called WuShu. Not that ANY CMA on this board studies that or anything :confused:

Vapour
04-27-2003, 09:45 PM
Taijiquan? :)

SanSoo Student
04-27-2003, 10:26 PM
Shoalin Do!!!!
O man I want to fight like that old monkey man!
:eek:

PHILBERT
04-27-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Vapour
Taijiquan? :)

Taijiquan what? The REAL GOOD stuff or that watered down, *******ized stuff you see old people doing in the park while wearing silk pijamas and copying some old Asian dude?

They offer Taijiquan at the university in my city (though I don't go there...yet). Can't wait `til I transfer there, Im gonna take it and see if its the good **** or the watered down stuff. I knew one girl who went to a county college about an hour from me that offered Shaolin Kung Fu. So maybe (though I doubt) the university offers the real stuff...

SevenStar
04-27-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by yenhoi
Capoeira has mad knifefighters be a sad day to run into a real one on the street.

Where is Wing Chun?

:D

yeah, they've probably got no idea what capoeira is really about...

SevenStar
04-27-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by African Tiger

I noticed a whole lot of votes for BJJ....hmmmmmm.

I noticed that too - I bet it was several TMA guys that did it.

CrippledAvenger
04-27-2003, 10:52 PM
this is, without a doubt, the most scientific poll I've ever seen..

:rolleyes:

carly
04-28-2003, 12:09 PM
"that People's Party administered dance-art called WuShu".

MasterKiller
04-28-2003, 12:30 PM
They offer Taijiquan at the university in my city (though I don't go there...yet). Can't wait `til I transfer there, Im gonna take it and see if its the good **** or the watered down stuff. I knew one girl who went to a county college about an hour from me that offered Shaolin Kung Fu. So maybe (though I doubt) the university offers the real stuff...

It's probably done the same way we do it here. Our school teaches two classes for the local univeristy: 1) Intro to Kung Fu and 2) Intro to Tai Chi Chuan. The courses are 8 weeks, held twice a week, for 1 hour per class.

We do it as an adjunct course, meaning my Sifu gets adjunct status as a univeristy professor. Most specialty classes are handled this way--archery, shooting, etc...

So, I wouldn't expect that the university your talking about has their own Tai Chi or Kung fu instructor. It's probably a local teacher who teaches classes for the univeristy. Just find out who does the teaching, and visit their school sometime. Most likely, it's someone close to the univeristy.

Vicious
04-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Where is Wing Chun?

Yeah, that surprised me too. I do wing chun, but since this is Bullshido we're talking about, I'm surprised it isn't on here!