PDA

View Full Version : Started Benching...

Suntzu
04-29-2003, 09:37 AM
yesterday… and I had and still have a nice pump going… but now I'm all bulky… I cant scatch my back… my punches and kicks are now caught and I'm tossed to the ground by my smaller… quicker classmates… skinny bastids… I can kick above my waist… and my kicks are just slow... how about some Creatine... will that help get ripped and still be fast... i was at the store and they had a 5 gallon drum of serum for like 100 bucks... will that get me ripped by Memorial day if i use 20 grams a day and do like 5 set of 20 on the bench and same for curls...

my brother said he knows were i can get som Clenbuterol(sp?)... can that help me get ripped but not bulky... i wanna compete this summer and could use all the help i can get... plus my lower abs need work for taking punches and kicks... any advice...

ShifuBinks
04-29-2003, 09:53 AM
Personally, I stay away from all that junk at GNC, why give that schmuck Weeler any more $$$. I'm sure you can get enough of that stuff out of your food anyway. I started benchin' too, mostly for bragging rights, but I'm sure it helps with punching power too, look at Phil Baroni. I have heard though that if you do not use proper form you can jack your shoulders up benching (i.e. bouncing the bar off your chest).

ryuujin
04-29-2003, 12:57 PM
your supposed to keep a slow controlled up and down motion. You guys should honestly invest in a bench press shirt. it makes it harder at first but it keeps you in the right range. To be truthfull all i can say is to try to stretch your muscles out. The problem i got about general weight lifting is that people get a small range and the muscle is knotted in one area. If you work the whole muscle range then the muscle becomes stronger all around and you still have mobility. so try to exceptional stretching more than before, it may hurt but go slowly.;)

ewallace
04-29-2003, 01:11 PM
LMAO @ this thread

IronFist
04-29-2003, 06:38 PM
DUDE waht r u doing?!!!!!!!!1 Dont u no that benching makes yuo slower!!!11111!!!!11 if u bench u will not b good at martial arts!!!! weight lifting makes u slow!!!11

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That being said,

You guys should honestly invest in a bench press shirt.

Um, you don't really need a bench press shirt unless you're competing in a powerlifting meet. There's really no way a bench press shirt would help the average lifter or martial artist otherwise. Yeah, it might allow you to add quite a bit of weight to your bench when you wear it, but what good would that do? It's not really making you stronger or anything.

And that being said, I personally think bench shirts as well as squat suits are stupid.

So :p :p :p

IronFist

joedoe
04-29-2003, 08:48 PM
LOL @ this thread :D :D :D

abobo
04-30-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Suntzu
I had and still have a nice pump going

How many sets did you do??? I heard you can get slow and bulky after just 1 SET!!!!!

IronFist
04-30-2003, 03:40 PM
Uh-oh dude, it's been a couple days since you benched. I hope you don't look like Arnold by now!

IronFist

rubthebuddha
04-30-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by abobo

How many sets did you do??? I heard you can get slow and bulky after just 1 SET!!!!!
maybe, but beavis and ******** got totally ripped after two workouts.

ShifuBinks
05-01-2003, 10:11 AM
So here I am, sitting in the f***ing COMPUTER LAB at my SCHOOL and I go to check my e-mail. Oh look ROCK sent me some links, probably some tournament info or something. So I click on said link and instead of tournament info there is some FAT CHICK sitting on some dude's face! Rock as much as I will enjoy that pic when I get home tonight I do not appreciate the fact that about 20 people in this lab know that I am a sick pervert. You can expect an outside crescent kick to arrive in the mail sometime during class this weekend.

Suntzu
05-01-2003, 10:31 AM
u coulda just sent a PM or e-mail... but u sir have been OWNED (http://www.sherdog.net/forums/attachment.php?postid=1359388 )...