PDA

View Full Version : Excess Fat

Jodo
04-29-2003, 09:44 AM
Well, I didn't really want to ask this but how do you get rid of of extra fat, like under your amrs, your back, and your abdomidal area.

I am 5'11 and weigh an atonishing 200+ pounds for a 15 year old (turing 16 in May).

I have been training and working out for, geez, half a year and I have seen some amazing results. I am sure the best way to do t his is to sweat it all away but it just doesn't seem to be working.

I really like this girl and I wanted to loose a few more pounds and work out a little more and build my muscle tone so that she would be impressed, also along with my other charming qualities ^_-

Anyways, I appreciate it if somebody can just give me a straight forward answer, kind don't wanna spend money on weight loosing or Mod 1 like programs.

TTYL, PEACE!!!

Robinf
04-29-2003, 10:46 AM
Remember, also, to eat right and eat well. You need to get your heartrate up to between 60 - 70% of max and keep there for 30 - 40 minutes at least three times a week. Do you do body weight training--pushups, situps, etc.?

You are doing the right things. Weight comes off slowly, sometimes, but it's generally permanent if it comes off because of lifestyle changes instead of crash diets/workouts.

Keep up the good work. You're on the right track!

Jodo
04-29-2003, 10:59 AM
Thanks you guys, I feel a little better now. But another problem is that I have notice I am getting slower, I just finished playing a game of football and I felt like a rock in the wind.

Hmm, guess I better start running more often and keep weight of my back while in school.

ewallace
04-29-2003, 11:01 AM
You may already know, but you can't just reduce fat from certain areas aka spot reduction. Just hit the cardio hard (I should take my own advice sometime). Look for posts by Ironfist, Ford Prefect, Kempo Guy and El Pietro in this forum.

So for a straight-forward answer: CARDIO, CARDIO, AND MORE CARDIO!

Jodo
04-29-2003, 11:06 AM
Aight, thanks man!

Cyborg
04-29-2003, 01:46 PM
Cardio is definitely the fastest way. But muscle burns fat even at rest so don't neglect lifting some heavy weight to build some of that good stuff. ;) Make sure you learn the proper form first and that you work front and back. Good luck!

Stormcrow
04-29-2003, 09:43 PM
You can do cardio until you drop... and not lose much weight if you are eating at Burger King afterwards.

Diet is at least half of the equation. No chips,no fries, no soda... no Pizza Pops. If you don't eat lean ... you will not lose weight.

Former castleva
05-03-2003, 11:16 AM
Yeah.
Your diet is just as important as how you work-out,so eat healthy and definitely cut down on junk-chunks if you want to see results.
Simply put.

btw ewallace is right,your fat burns off in stable fashion and does not "take favourites" when it comes to parts X.