PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder

ewallace
04-30-2003, 09:48 AM
Just a reminder of what can happen when you get involved in a domestic situation.

http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlb=180&xlc=988759&xld=180

MasterKiller
04-30-2003, 10:21 AM
It might also be worth mentioning that someone who does not step in to defend a person you know is being mistreated is just as morally culpable for that mistreatment as the person commiting the acts.

Granted, these guys got their azzes handed to them, but probably for the right reasons. It beats dying of old age lying on a hospital gurney in a puddle of your own urine and feces.

guohuen
04-30-2003, 03:56 PM
:confused: What domestic?:confused:

Watchman
04-30-2003, 04:10 PM
guohuen:

By "domestic" ewallace means that the woman mentioned in the news story was apparantly being beaten by her husband. The two guys who broke into the apartment were apparently there to try to confront her husband and "teach him a lesson", and paid for their trouble with stab wounds.

It might also be worth mentioning that someone who does not step in to defend a person you know is being mistreated is just as morally culpable for that mistreatment as the person commiting the acts.

I agree to a point, MasterKiller. However, there's a big difference between taking responsible, effective measures to help someone out of an abusive situation, and vigilante methods that will only create more suffering for everyone involved.

guohuen
04-30-2003, 04:15 PM
Oh, thanks. I read it as a B&E gone bad.
I'll admit to being foolish enough to intervene in a domestic. I call the cops first though.

Serpent
04-30-2003, 05:29 PM
So they broke into his place and he defended himself. Sure, he may be beating his wife, which means he deserves a beating of his own, but in this case the two dudes that broke in were in the wrong really.

They should have waited for him in the car park or something! ;)

guohuen
04-30-2003, 05:32 PM
Car park. I love that phrase. Do they have big swings and stuff?

joedoe
04-30-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by guohuen
Car park. I love that phrase. Do they have big swings and stuff?

Well, does every park have to have swings and stuff? The phrase makes sense. What do you do in a car park? You park your car. ;)

Serpent
04-30-2003, 05:38 PM
Why? What do you call it?

Chang Style Novice
04-30-2003, 05:40 PM
Parking lot.

Serpent
04-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Oh, like that makes any more sense!

Mr Punch
05-01-2003, 12:07 AM
Masterkiller
It beats dying of old age lying on a hospital gurney in a puddle of your own urine and feces.

Spoilsport. That's all I'm looking forward to.

guohen
Do they have big swings and stuff?

LOL:D :D

But it still makes more sense than parking lot...!

Cheese Dog
05-01-2003, 11:17 PM
Parking lot. It means lots of people park there, duh!!!

shaolin kungfu
05-01-2003, 11:25 PM
A lot is a space of land. A parking lot is a space of land where people park. A car park is where you take your car to play and have fun.