PDA

View Full Version : Why is this forum soo slow

Grinding Hands
04-30-2003, 04:04 PM
There are sooo many southern styles! But this forum barely moves. What happend? The guys over at the wing chun forum are always chatting away! Thats just one style. Im not putting anybody down. I just wanna see new posts. Anybody study Mok gar?

monk weed
04-30-2003, 06:35 PM
ask who the green grass monk is and stand back!

Grinding Hands
04-30-2003, 06:47 PM
Is that about CLF?

Yum Cha
04-30-2003, 09:51 PM
I train Pak Mei. I read somewhere Mok Gar is related to Pak Mei in some characteristic or the other. Whatcha reckon?

I've not heard of Pak Mei in Chicago. What's the scene like? You even mentioned Yau Kung Mun, which I thought was localised to California...and Vancouver...

I once lived in Chicago as a kid for 8 months. I found out what cold really meant! Played a bit of hockey too... Bobby Hull was king!

monk weed
05-01-2003, 10:55 AM
Hey grindinghand,

Yea that's clf and I was just trying to be a smart @ss. I kinda feel the same way about the pace of this forum but that is all a matter of perception. People talk about a wide variety of subjects that I'm personally not interested in but others are. I can only comment on what I know about clf and that subject has been kinda slow lately.

IronKim
05-01-2003, 11:00 AM
Ok...let's pick things up....

I AM the green grass monk... reincarnated, of course....

I am the true founder of Choy Lay Fut...

Or more appropriately called Green Grass Fut....

...discuss amongst yourself.

Grinding Hands
05-01-2003, 11:38 AM
I think mok gar is related to Pak mei in that the master of each of these styles including lam yiu kwai a arhat boxer and one other were in a crew called 5 tigers of canton or something like that. Im not really sure. Mok gar must of been pretty good to be included with those guys.

Grinding Hands
05-01-2003, 11:41 AM
Yum cha. There is pak mei here but very closed door. There is chu gar and jook lum. No YKM I have yet to see Lung ying.

Grinding Hands
05-01-2003, 11:44 AM
Not to start any frenzies. But can i quick summary of what or who was the green grass monk. All you gotta say is something like he was believed to be the founder or he was the master of iron crotch. Thats all.

monk weed
05-01-2003, 11:58 AM
I thought he was the local pot dealer

Yum Cha
05-01-2003, 05:43 PM
Closed door, interesting. Do you know who's line it is? Have you studied any?

Grinding Hands
05-01-2003, 06:11 PM
Sorry i have no clue of the lineage. There was a teacher by the name of Jack Moi here. Unfortunately he passed away. An accupuncturist near chinatown teaches also.

Grinding Hands
05-01-2003, 06:14 PM
No I have not studied any. I had a chance once but blew it. I am going to california this summer to check out some Lung ying and possibly bak mei. Chicago has alot of good gung fu, its just not seen.

Yum Cha
05-01-2003, 08:15 PM
Its always nice to hear a little bit about what is where, just to get a bit of perspecitve.

David Jamieson
05-02-2003, 01:02 AM
Chicago has alot of good gung fu, its just not seen.

This is interesting, because it's like that everywhere.

A little story. I'm talking to my local grocer who is from Shanghai. He's pretty chatty and I practice my miserable and gutteral chinese on him and his wife while he hones his english on me.

Anyway, we got to talking about Kungfu one day because he was reading one of the Wu Xia novels and i noticed it. According to his experience, it is quite common to hide ones Kungfu skill from everyone and to be very secretive about it. Many who come from where he lives do exactly this and in fact, in Toronto where I live now there are several Kungfu masters who do not openly teach, but do teach.

I've been here a couple fo years now and while tehre are a lot of schools, there are also quite a few more private teachers. A few of these guys are really old but still quite good. One Taichi player I met claims he is 94. He's still quite spry and his Yang form is really realy good. I played with him a couple of times and it was great fun.

Anyway, not much of a point here other than "There are many things under the sun that are greater than what is in the normal realm of what is seen".

cheers