PDA

View Full Version : speed and agility clinic

Taz
05-02-2003, 08:59 AM
Hi,

I am interested in organizing a speed and agility clinic in Tampa, FL.
The clinic would be on the weekend either Sat or Sun from 8-5pm. The clinic would be taught by Scott Phelps, a pioneer in the field of strength conditioning. He is the speed and agility coach for many of the US Olympic teams.

The purpose of the clinic would be to learn the basic premise behind speed performance and the techniques to improve. The entire clinic is a hands on workshop. Topics would include: linear speed, lateral speed, acceleration, change of direction, upper and lower plyometrics, core conditioning, overspeed and resistive speed techniques.

If you are interested, please respond. To hold a clinic in our area we need 40 people.

Thanks.

Frogman
05-02-2003, 11:53 AM
Taz,
Is this open to the public? Are there any costs? Why did this get moved? Ok I’m sure you had nothing to do with the move just had to ask. If you wanted it to stay in the PM forum you should added a PM set to the topics list. :D
Anyway keep us posted…

RibHit
fm

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-02-2003, 08:17 PM
maybe its cause i have always been fairly agile, but i didnt think you really needed a class for that ..... just run around and do stuff.

can you give some specific examples of the material you guys would be working on?

Budokan
05-03-2003, 09:28 AM
That sounds interesting; might be beneficial in the long run, too.

Taz
05-04-2003, 02:59 PM
Frogman,
The cost would depend on the number of people signed up for the seminar. I believe it would cost around $65 per person. Yes, it is open to anyone who wishes to attend. I'm just sending a feeler out to see if there is any interest. It will be very informative for any athlete who trains, since it will cover the proper way to move quickly and efficiently. Most do not. Even if they know the exercises, the movement is generated improperly and not from the core (dantien). This would help in improving movement for sparring since it improves acceleraation, quickness, and power.
I'll keep you posted.

Shaolin-Do
05-05-2003, 06:41 AM
Sounds like something Id be interested in, too bad I live in texas.
:(