PDA

View Full Version : The Bak Mei Master

The_Student
05-02-2003, 12:34 PM
Hi,

I wonder if somebody have some information(homepage etc) to Bak Mei master Luo Zhong who I think lives in Florida!?

He and his father have been in two articles in KungfuMag, and I saw him preform a short form in Lily lau's competition 2001. Great stuff!!

If somebody have some info to give I would be very greatfull :D

Thanks

MAC
05-02-2003, 02:23 PM
I don't know where you're located but it might be pretty interesting to attend his seminar this month. I hope somebody can go and provide a report afterwards. It also states that his father will be visiting from Futsan later this summer.

The_Student
05-04-2003, 09:17 AM
Seem as a pretty nice style, hardcore :)
Does someone have his first tape, is it good??

Well, I'll not be able to attend his seminar, but isn't it quite expensive, 3 hours for 60$.

That's it!! :cool:

MAC
05-05-2003, 08:10 AM
The style *is* hardcore ! I've seen his first tape - shows his first form plus some applications. IMHO was better than Man Kwong Fong tape. Tapes are so limiting though and can only give a taste or a small sample. These may be intended to entice one to seek furhter teachings.
You can check out the Fushan Bak Mei tapes now too.
Definitely from what I've seen and experienced, $60.00 is well worth it. Check out what some other folks ask for. I've seen from $30.00 for 1/2 hour to $150 for an hour or two. Some folks have weekend "seminars" that cost a couple of grand. If your going to spend $29-49 for a video tape, I'd think it would be far better to spend just a little more to get a couple more hours of "personal" interaction or training! Even though a couple of hours (or a weekend) will only scratch the surface it should provide one with a solid sense of the style.