PDA

View Full Version : Yin Yang Zhang

Shaolin Master
05-04-2003, 08:37 PM
Kun Lun Pai is one of the oldest ancient divisions in China. An ancient art known as Yin Yang Zhang (as well as Ba Gua Quan & Mei Hua Zhuang) find there origins with the sect.

Yin Yang Zhang is an art evolved from the Daoist divisions however it has also been spread to many buddhist practices as well.

The art made its way southwards over 600 years ago to Hubei province and formed the Wudang Kun Lun Pai. This art also travelled further southwards to Hunan where Buddhists also where involved in its practise.

In 1980, the Wudang Shan Wudang Quan Fa Research Association conducted several studies and found the art was practised in Guangdong, Hunan, Jiangxi, Hubei and Shanxi provinces.

Its content was summarised as
1. Yin Yang Ba Gua Zhang
2. Yan Zi Tuo Li Zhang
3.Jin Hou Wu Zhi Zhang
4. Zui Xian Shuang He Zhang
6. Shi Zi Bao Qiou Zhang
8. Shuang Zhou Jin Gou Zhang

5 & 7 are left out on purpose. Each Section comprises 36 methods.

Many elaborations on these basis were made and it is even advocated that Rou Gong (Yau Gung) in Hong Kong, Nian Rou Quan in Fujian are but variations or developments from this art.

- As per Professor Tan Da Jiang (Internal working papers of Wudang Society)

Cheers,
Wu Chan Long

fiercest tiger
05-05-2003, 03:39 AM
HEY, so you think that yau kung muns internal is daoist or buddhist as i have a history that it came from a daoist and history of a buddhist.
What did you leave out?:) Was yau kung mun talked about or did you come across any YKM there that you can share with me? Any training, etc etc

hows your tai zu or whatever it is going?

FT

DONT BRING BACK SARS PLEASE!!:)

Shaolin Master
05-05-2003, 08:12 AM
SARS (FeiDian) If? I return!! It should be fine...your Qi Gong and Bak Mei Powers should protect you :)

I am only working from Wudang Research Society Findings exclaiming it to be Daoist.

Left out 2 of the sets so that they are not copied and claimed by others.

No, no YKM and the art is not known as YKM in Hubei Province.....and it probably differs with more sections.

It is ZiMenQuan (Yu Family) and YingMen (Yue Family) arts that I have been studying here. Zimen Quan is fantastic, at the moment I am trying to understand the classics further with help from my teacher (He gave me the family text which only contains poems, couplets and keys especially for Wu Bai Qian).

How the wedding? How's training? hows Aus (I miss the **** place) ?

SM :)