PDA

View Full Version : Can WCK against SARS atttack?

Phenix
05-05-2003, 07:35 PM
As title, What do you think?

Those who belive WCK is from Shao Lin or CHAN might want to share what kind of internal training might be able to protect oneself?

Will the Tan sau works?
Will the Yat Tan Sam Fook training for internal as said works?

Does WCK has it or not?
The mythical power to against SARS.:D

Wingman
05-05-2003, 08:49 PM
WC, Shaolin, Chan, internal training, etc. is no match against SARS. No tan sao, no bong sao, etc. can repel a SARS attack. But SARS can be defeated. You just have to maintain good hygene, keep your surroundings clean, eat nutritious food to keep you healthy, etc. I think the goverments of most countries have advised their citizens on the ways how to combat SARS. They have also taken steps to prevent SARS from spreading (ex. quarantine).

anerlich
05-05-2003, 09:05 PM
No.

yylee
05-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Phenix
Does WCK has it or not?
The mythical power to against SARS.:D

Don't tell me your six-directional Chi-ball ball can bounce off the virus :D

anerlich gives you a thumb down, may be you should start looking at the thumb (lung) ;)

TCM seems to be out of the loop in this SARS battle, even in Asian. Guess we really need a miracle from all fronts.

John Weiland
05-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by yylee

TCM seems to be out of the loop in this SARS battle, even in Asian. Guess we really need a miracle from all fronts.
Not everyone gets SARS, even in Asia. Why might some be immune? Just good genes? Hendrik is saying healthy mind, healthy body.

Phenix
05-05-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by yylee

YY,

Yup. it is as John said, Sound Body Sound mind...

1, TCM

You know what was in the TCM classical?

IT says " In serenity and tranquil emptiness, The energy or shen stays internal, thus the real Qi will response, Where will the Dis-ease find the place to come in?"

In TCM model, there are Wei Qi and Yiing Qi, There is like a Shield to shield our body. But once the mind disturb, the Energy or shen is diffused... This Shield is weaken....

2. Buddhism

And Sound body sound mind, has to do with mind...
By the way, you see, there is a relationship from Precept to cultivation and to Siu Lin Tau... it is clear.

That is via holding Precepts, one limits the Out Flow of mind or action or energy. This let the energy focus within..

If one says, Siu Nim Tau is not to have complicated thought or not fantasying BIg then It is like holding Precept to shine the energy within.

The cultivation of Buddhism also was called the Method of Precept, Stillness, and Wisdom.

It basically has three steps.

Via holding Precept, one limits one's energy leak and control the condition or environment.

Via Stillness, One contemplating and experience with the inward focus energy.

Then, the Wisdom will reveal or "see" the Buddha nature.

Those who always Chan Chan and Kill Kill and preaching no need for precepts just....

3, Daoism

In Chapter 10 of Tao De Ching, it says.

10. Impossible Advice
In general:

In mustering your vitalities, embracing in one, can you fail to distinguish?

In specializing in breath and consummating weakness, can you be a child?

In cleansing and voiding your profound mirror, can you be without flaw?

In loving the people and ordering the state, can you fail to know?

In opening and closing the heavenly channel, can you fail to be female?

In discerning all within the four directions, can you fail to deem-act?

Generate it, nourish it:

Generate it and not 'exist' it.

Deem:act and not rely on anything.

Become 'elder' and not rule.

These are called 'profound virtuosities.'

-----------------

What to cultivate? All is one, one is all. TCM, Buddhism, Daoism....It is about Energy.... master one master others.
The teaching of Emei 12 zhuang link all of them right? :D

Joy might be able to add the part from Kundalini Yoga.....

Can WCK against SARS?

Or the question might better be do your practiced prepare you to have a healty body healty mind, to have a shield to shield yourself.

what do you think. May be I am nuts. hahahahahahaha:D

Stevo
05-06-2003, 01:19 AM
Hygiene and a good level of health might offer some protection, but superstition won't. Other than that, we can only wait for science to come up with a cure, but the good news is that disinfectant kills the virus.

If anyone thinks chi can kill it, organise a scientifically-controlled experiment, invite James Randi along, and start planning on how to spend the million dollars that is up for grabs.

News as of yesterday is that it's transmitted (directly and indirectly) by touch as well as via respiratory means, and it can survive outside the body for up to 4 days. That means it can probably survive on any railing, door handle, seat, supermarket item (etc, etc) that you touch while walking in the city or town you live in.

yuanfen
05-06-2003, 06:20 AM
Things have their limits. A falling bomb can be quite "democratic"
in its effects.

But in resisting diseases and having the body heal , internal energy -
mind- will- intention- tranquility can do more good than harm IMO.
Its not mumbo jumbo- its basically nature at work. Daily acts of "will" keep us going every day.

An important point in some common perspectives (kundalini, tcm,
ayurveda, chan chuang, slt) is that coordinating one's energy and directing its purpose is beneficial for health and self defense.
When kundalini rises it energizes all the chakras and the dan tien-s, nadis, meridians etc.

When the person is weak froma total perspective- disease has a better chance of entering. Even when disease enters- strengthening the spirit- helps with its departure.

Of course SARS is dangerous- so are different forms of cancer.
But proper "devlopment" is an addittional insurance over and above what medicine has to offer. And the "premium"(self development) is cheaper than what insurance companies and hospitals and doctors charge.

BTW for prper kundalini rising and zazen and dhyan- the posture of the spine from the top of the head to the tailbone parallels
the requirements for good wing chun ygkym.

I am NOT minimizing the importance of hygiene, nutrition, sanitation, proper diagnosis, medication. emergemcy surgery in dealing with disease. But the self- synthesis of body-mind and spirit are friendly allies. There is more to self defense besides fighting.

[Censored]
05-06-2003, 12:01 PM
LOL. SARS doesn't exist. Because if it existed, James Randi would have told us about it.

There was an interesting article in Discover Magazine a few months back, on clean rooms (http://www.discover.com/mar_03/featalien.html).

yylee
05-06-2003, 01:55 PM
Talking about immune system, I read from HK newspaper that in some cases, it is the SARS patients' own immune system that demage the lungs while fighting the virus. May be the immune system is confused and over-reacting to this unknown demon; just kill, kill and kill right? ;)

I say it is not enough just to beef up our bodies' defense mechanism, we should also keep the environment clean. Just clean the wooden dummy daily, wil ya!

yuanfen
05-06-2003, 02:37 PM
Clean up some of the other dummies as well!!
Wash hands before you come to class!!

anerlich
05-06-2003, 03:34 PM
May be I am nuts

Possibly.

What was that about healthy body, healthy *MIND*?

Last I heard, viruses and bacteria didn't read scriptures, sutras or the Yellow Emperor's book of Internal Medicine.

While WC training may improve the health of the practitioner in the same way as would any exercise program, it is not a system of health cultivation.

Travel to Beijing or Toronto and visit the isolation wards and quarantine centres without a mask or other protection if you want to test your nypothesis. Oh ye of little faith ...

PaulH
05-06-2003, 04:00 PM
Anerlich,

Your mouth boxing has reached its zenith! Are all aussies of infinite jests like you?

Regards,

[Censored]
05-06-2003, 05:47 PM
You don't need to know what "chung choi" means, to receive one. Can you comprehend this? If not, perhaps you need to direct some of that stance power upwards. :rolleyes:

The modern, scientific method for containing virii and bacteria is air pressure manipulation. AKA hei gong. No need to destroy when you can contain. Everything old is new again, it seems.

Miles Teg
05-06-2003, 10:50 PM
I guess one could think of such holistic measures as insurance. Either way it cant hurt. But above and beyond that just quoting some scriptures doesnt prove anything.
The only way I would be convinced, as Anerlich kind of suggested, would be to send a large group of such spiritually enlightened people into high risk places to see if they can remain uninfected. If the same percentage of 'enlightened beings' and normal people become infected then it would prove it makes no difference.
Either way no one is going to try this so I dont see the point in this hyperthetical discussion, as this means of protecting ones self is not going to help the 5 year old boy who contracted the disease and will die from it. So really, it is science and hygene that will save the day.

Stevo
05-07-2003, 12:36 AM
Have you accepted James Randi as your personal Savior?

No. I only accept myself and take everyone else as I find them. I don't automatically trust anyone, or their word. Also, I don't consider myself to be in need of saving.

desertwingchun2
05-07-2003, 12:40 AM
"So really, it is science and hygene that will save the day." - Miles

Hygene is paramount in prevention and elimination of viral and bacterial born illness'.
Take a look at e-coli, the common cold, etc ...

Science also plays a huge role!
Look at legionairs (sp??), small pox, polio, etc ....

But what about good old fashion "luck of the draw"?
The best I could think of is Wilt and Magic. How many did Wilt claim?? If Wilt was a smilie face he'd be this guy :cool: <-------

Seriously though, in addition to hygene and science, education and information also play a significant role in eliminating these pesky micro-organisms.

-David