PDA

View Full Version : coiling style wing chun ?

wingchunalex
05-06-2003, 11:00 AM
my sifu mentioned that he had read some articles quite a while ago (80's? early 90's?) about coiling (snake?)(style?) wing chun.

does anybody know anything about this branch or have heard of it?

From what he could tell he said it "looked similar" to yeun kay san wing chun as he's seen it in rene's book.

yuanfen
05-06-2003, 11:32 AM
"Coling", circles, lines, structure , turns. steps ALL are interrelated in wing chun.

The kundalini coils.....

the snake coils...

all wing chun... maybe 103

reneritchie
05-06-2003, 11:46 AM
Some hack writers in China/HK used to call YKS "Snake Style". I don't be YKS or Sum Nung used or approved of the name.

EnterTheWhip
05-06-2003, 01:02 PM
Yes, Wing Chun is a coiling art. No need to call it "Coiling Wing Chun"...

Sam
05-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Fut Sao Wing Chun Kuen uses coiling and torking. http://www.geocities.com/wingchunbuddhahand/index.html

planetwc
05-06-2003, 05:08 PM
That sounds more like Taiji.

There is store and release, or open and close.
There is compacting energy and exploding it forward (linearly) while still compacted.

I guess it is in the interpretation of "coiling" and the jing involved in that and it's structural physical manifestation.

yuanfen
05-06-2003, 05:33 PM
Hi David-

Sorry I missed you this time in SJ. My loss.

No- wing chun and taiji use quite different mechanics.
"Circles" are in nature and not a monopoly of any one art.

Taiji uses the dan tien circles as the primary engine. The dan tien is important in wing chun too but in a quite different way. Our "lines"
can cut through circles. We learn the integrity of the lines first-
the ygkym.
e dont do hula hooping. But our rifle muzzle is straight but
the groove inside spirals. A good bullet spirals, a good football throw spirals, a good baseball throw spins, when you pull in a fish you also turn the reel. Nature

joy!