www.wingchunkuen.com.au

what do you guys think?

KPM
05-07-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by zipper
www.wingchunkuen.com.au

what do you guys think?

Hi Zipper!

The site looks good. But it refers to 3 types of WCK....Hong Kong, Foshan, and Mainland. It even gives links under each name, but when you click on the link you get the exact same page each time. The site doesn't describe what it is defining by these 3 types, or how they differ. Just what are the "Hong Kong, Foshan, and Mainland" WCK styles that the organization is teaching?

Keith

KPM
05-08-2003, 12:54 PM
Why ask what someone thinks, and then not respond to their feedback?

Keith

zipper
05-18-2003, 05:09 PM
Sorry its taken time to get back to you KPM but work has been hell at the moment, but if you drop the School a e mail I would think you would get what you want in terms of styles and si Fus.

FIRE HAWK
05-18-2003, 07:35 PM
About Si-Gung Roger Smart

Si-Gung Smart, inspired by his Royal Marine champion boxer father Thomas Smart, was introduced to various forms of unarmed combat techniques from the age of nine and started his own training back in 1960. His interest in martial arts grew into a lifetime passion, with experience that spans over 40 years of dedication to the arts today. He has studied in Hong Kong, China and in his homeland Australia, where he resides today.

His journey with Chinese kung fu began as a private student of the Fu Jow Kuen style (Tiger Claw Fist) under Si-Gung Lam Chi Ping for 9 years. In 1982 he became the world keeper of the style, which means that he has been passed the custodianship of the art.

Si-Gung Roger Smart was first introduced to the Wing Chun Kuen and Weng Chun Kung fu styles of Chinese kung fu under the guidance as a closed door private student of Doctor Allen Lee. Dr Lee passed his knowledge of the Foshan, Yuen Kay San and Mainland versions of the system to Si-Gung Smart. It was Si-Gung Lo Chi Cheong who later passed Yip Man's Hong Kong version of the Wing Chun Kuen system to Si-Gung Smart while training as his private student. Si-Gung Smart became an instructor of Grandmaster Lo Chi Cheong’s Western Australian branch for two years. It was not until studying as a private student of Si-Gung Lon Gi, also known as Lun Kai, that Si-Gung Smart learnt Yip Man’s original Foshan version (the original version before the Hong Kong change). Even today, Si-Gung Smart frequently returns to China and continues his studies under Si-Gung Lon Gi’s guidance.

Si-Gung Roger Smart’s Studio of Martial Arts is the longest established kung fu school and instructor in Western Australia. His instruction has also been utilised by the Department of Defence, providing instruction to members of the Royal Australian Air Force and the Royal Australian Army, including the elite Special Air Service (SAS) regiment which he continues today and previously has trained members of the Braille Society for the Blind of Western Australia.

Si-Gung Roger Smart's credentials (both nationally and internationally):

Fu Jow Kuen System - Keeper of the System.

Tai Sing Pap Kar Moon Martial Arts Association Hong Kong - Australian Chairman.

Australasian Wing Chun Kung Fu Organisation - Founder and Chief Instructor.

Australian National Kung-Fu Federation - Former WA Regional Director.

World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association - Former Instructor Member.

Australian Kung Fu (Wu Shu) Federation - Instructor Member.

Martial Arts Industry Association (MAIA) - Member.

Australian Sports Commission - Level 1 Coach.

National Coaching Accreditation Scheme (NCAS) - Accredited Coach.
His kung fu studio today continues to teach the traditional styles of Wing Chun Kuen, including the Hong Kong, Foshan and Mainland versions.

zipper
05-18-2003, 09:29 PM
very impressive thanks firehawk, Firehawk do you know him.?

anerlich
05-18-2003, 09:59 PM
Australasian Wing Chun Kung Fu Organisation - Founder and Chief Instructor.

Not to be confused with The Wing Chun Kung Fu Organisation of Australasia, founded and headed by Rick Spain.

How much does Mr Smart REALLY have to do with the SAS, and how long has this been going on? One of my si-hings, Trooper John Church, was a member of the SAS, saw active duty in Rwanda, and was killed in the Blackhawk disaster of 1996. He also taught Wing Chun in Perth while he was based there with the SAS. I'm sure he would have told us if he was being taught WC regularly under the SAS unbrella under the sort of arrangement discussed here.

I'm not saying Mr Smart isn't the real deal, but just about every instructor with a web presence claims to have trained the SAS, Special Forces, Navy SEALs, Spetsnaz, etc. and this often boils down to very little.

zipper
05-18-2003, 11:37 PM
Anerlich I belive since 2002.

sticky fingers
05-19-2003, 08:02 AM
Post Removed

See Sticky post at top of forum about politics.

Sandman2[Wing Chun]

anerlich
05-19-2003, 05:36 PM
Anerlich I belive since 2002.

That I have no reason to question.

I see some political stuff got deleted. I only mentioned Rick Spain due to the similarities of the names of the organisations, which may have led to confusion by some. I'm not saying "mines better than yours" or anything else.

Good luck to all. Room for everyone in this fine, sparsely populated, country.

zipper
05-19-2003, 06:56 PM
I agree my friend! lets tell the world that Wing Chun is alive and well no matter what country we live in.

sticky fingers
05-20-2003, 09:52 PM
check your private messages thanks

zipper
05-20-2003, 10:14 PM
Try again to post, but maybe tone it down or something, or e mail him direct on his website.