PDA

View Full Version : Info regarding GM Simon...

TenTigers
05-07-2003, 04:26 PM
ok, I had a guy from his school come in here, and he mentioned that he had to go through a series of THREE interviews to get accepted as a student. Can anyone elaborate on this? What exactly were these interviews like? Can you be very specific? Much appreciated.

Vapour
05-07-2003, 06:26 PM
Ask them how many people ever get rejected after this interview process? If zero, it just a show.

PHILBERT
05-07-2003, 08:03 PM
I long for the day that a TKF school opens in my area. Chances are it never will. If it does, it'll be the butt of many jokes in my class, I already do that with Shaolin-Do.

I went to the Shaolin-Do school in my area finally. Took me a while to find it (mainly cause I forgot where the street was). I drove right past the school and quickly parked a few doors down from them and walked around and found it. There was a sign that read KUNG FU above the door that was on a plastic canvas so kept blowing in the wind. I peeked inside and saw a photo of The Sin guy on the wall, but no Chewbacca. I couldn't help but laugh at the stuff on the walls because all the stuff looked like they just walked into Lang Son Traders (the only martial arts shop in like 3 counties) and purchased all the weapons. A giant metal fan, twin hook swords, twin broadswords and a 3 section staff. The school itself looked nice, though they lacked punching bags. It basically was just one giant room, a door to a back room, a counter with some statues behind it (looked like they were for sale too) and some weapons on the wall.

Brad
05-07-2003, 08:03 PM
From everything I've heard, Simon seems to be a wannabe cult leader... he dresses like the pope too :D Do a forum search on Temple Kungfu

David Jamieson
05-08-2003, 06:00 AM
Yeesh, it's almost cyclical with these subjects :rolleyes:

Use the search built into these forums, you will find out all kinds of information regarding, Simon, his organization, people who like him, people who don't like him, the court case, etc etc.

It's all here folks, every last word of it.

cheers

BAI HE
05-08-2003, 08:03 AM
Interview = credit check

MasterKiller
05-08-2003, 08:09 AM
The interview is their way of making sure you know nothing about kung fu so that you will believe all they tell you, and buy their books, and drink their Kool-Aid.

PHILBERT
05-08-2003, 10:45 AM
Kool-Aid?! They got Kool-Aid?! IM THERE!

MasterKiller
05-08-2003, 10:56 AM
Drinking the Kool-Aid sends your soul to the Temple spaceship, the only place where true kung fu skills are taught.

TenTigers
05-08-2003, 03:02 PM
yeah, I've seen the other posts-what I am looking for is someone who has been there, and can in detail, describe these interviews.
My reasons are as such-there are quite a few schools that have cult followings, Falun-gong is growing bigger by the day,a member of my own family has been indoctrinated into Jews for Jesus, and I personally would like to be better informed on the practices of these groups.

Royal Dragon
05-08-2003, 08:43 PM
Chung moo Doe
Dahhn
Cloud Forest

I know there is one more not listed, can anyone think of it?

Black Jack
05-08-2003, 08:46 PM
Do Jews For Jesus practice martial arts:D

Mutant
05-08-2003, 09:30 PM
Here are a couple of useful resources for tracking and understanding the inner workings of cults:

http://www.factnet.org/index.html?FACTNet
http://www.rickross.com/groups/chung.html

Check out factnet.org, they have a lot of facts and interesting data on all different types of cults (including some martial arts based ones ie. chung moo quan, etc) and how they operate, which seem to utilize some basic common brainwashing techniques. Scary stuff :eek:

Mr Punch
05-09-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Black Jack
Do Jews For Jesus practice martial arts:D

Yep, they practise with thick nails as their primary weapons. Kinda like Kiss of the Dragon but fatter, and their main targets are the holy-spirit disrupting pressure points on the palms and the feet. They also practise spear techniques, preferably on dead bodies, and precision sword techniques, like the world famous ear-slice. Their mysterious chi powers include walking on water, faking death and levitation.

PHILBERT
05-09-2003, 01:03 AM
About 2 years ago KungFuGuy! had a discussion here. Lasted a few pages.

count
05-09-2003, 05:50 AM
http://www.freedomofmind.com/index.htm
Good information on cults and their methods. Tons of stuff about Chung Moo Do and Falun Gung

ewallace
05-09-2003, 06:22 AM
Here's some info :)

dezhen2001
05-09-2003, 10:43 AM
ewallace: great link! :)

KFG had a thread TWO years ago - YIKES! been trapped here longer than i thought :eek:

dawood