PDA

View Full Version : Mok Gar?

Stateside
08-07-2001, 06:07 PM
Hey guys, I'm a new poster here, and I hope you don't mind me asking a question

Where I grew up the only martial arts club other than shotokan karate was a shaolin mok ka (mok gar) kung fu club. I trained at that club for about 12 years before leaving my hometown for the city lights. Since then I've trained at various martial arts, including wing chun. But I've never come across another Mok Gar club (with the exception of my sifu's teacher, whose club is the other side of the country from me).

Has anyone ever come across this style, and if so, do you know where other clubs might be found? Who else teaches it, etc.

Sorry if this question has appeared on here before but, as I say, I new.

Fu-Pow
08-07-2001, 06:48 PM
I've never heard of a Mok Gar school before in the U.S. I know it is one of the 5 family fists Choy, Li, Hung, Mok and Lau.

Fu-Pow

http://www.fongs-kungfu.de/assets/images/lionhead.gif

"Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu does not encourage its students to abuse or harm others with no reason. Nevertheless, in times when Kung Fu must be performed, Choy Lay Fut requires the student to change from a gentleman into a fierce and cold fighter."

-Lee Koon Hung,
CLF:The Dynamic Art of Fighting

dunbarj01
08-09-2001, 02:22 AM
You might want to try asking the same question on the Southern KF Board.

stma
08-10-2001, 04:46 PM
Cheuk Fung teaches Mok Gar in Berkeley CA.

Joseph Crandall

Stateside
08-11-2001, 02:24 AM
Thanks stma - and I just turned down a trip to Berkeley in September too! **** it, now I wish I'd splashed out on the airfare. Does he/she have a website?

namkuen
08-11-2001, 08:37 AM
stma, I live not far from Berkeley. I'd be interested in checking out Cheuk Fung and his Mok Gar school. Do you have contact information?

Thanks!!!

DWR

One who conquers others is strong, but one who conquers himself is mighty! Lao Tzu

stma
08-11-2001, 06:57 PM
I haven't seen an ad for him in a while. He is more noted for his Yi Quan, so you might ask around in those circles.

Joseph Crandall