PDA

View Full Version : Free Bjj Books

JIU-JITSU.NET
05-08-2003, 11:41 AM
During August of this year, I will be releasing the largest book of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu every written. This book will contain what no single volume does: Science, Philosophy, History, Sport Jiu-jitsu strategy and technique with the gi, Submission Grappling without the gi, and Vale Tudo techniques. I am so confident in the quality of this mammoth book (nearly 1,000 pages) that I want to give everyone who has every purchased The Master Text (the first & current version) from me the opportunity to own this second edition, which includes longer and more detailed descriptions, better layout and design and hundreds more techniques (3 x the size of the first version).

I would like to replace your book by offering you a credit of what you paid for your first edition Master Text toward the new one when it comes out in August.

This offer will be available to EVERYONE WHO OWNS THE MASTER TEXT and it is not too late to get the first version.

Why get the first version now?
Because it will act as a sample version of the new book and a credit coupon toward the new one. This book will never be printed again. Like my First book, The Student Handbook, which I get emails about almost every day, The first version will no longer be available and will be a collector’s item.

You will not have to send the current version of The Master Text back. It is yours to keep. I am simply going to credit what you paid for it toward the new version in August.

How will I know if you bought the first on?
Besides a few rare exceptions, The Master Text is sold exclusively at JIU-JITSU.NET. We have kept it this way for that reason and have a record of every person who bought the book.

CLEARANCE SALE!

If you haven’t purchased the first edition yet, its not too late. We will be clearancing these books to make room for the new ones. Here is the special clearance pricing now offered at JIU-JITSU.NET

Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, The Master Text (current version – V1) = $39.99
Buy Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, Basics and receive The Master Text for only $9.99
- or –
FREE BJJ Basics book with your purchase of The Master Text

<a href=http://www.jiu-jitsu.net/handbook.shtml>Click here to Read More and get your FREE book now</a>

Reviews of the Current Version:

"From a technical perspective, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, The Master Text, by Gene "Aranha" Simco, is the best book about the popular grappling art I've seen to date. The techniques the author chose to include are very functional and apply to numerous forms of grappling, including no holds barred fighting (vale tudo), sport jiu-jitsu and submission grappling. It has more than 320 pages of interviews, history and questions - and - answers. In addition, Simco provides easy to follow photographs and detailed descriptions of each techniques."
-- Lito Angeles, Black Belt Magazine (6/2002)
The Master Text by Gene Simco is easily the best book ever written on the subject of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. The book is truly a wealth of knowledge. Not only does the book display an amazing array of techniques, but it also offers incredible insight into the history, development, and philosophies of jiu-jitsu." Rating: A+
-- BJJFighter.com (3/2002)
"What really sets this book apart from any other grappling book on the market is the fact that it really represents where mixed martial arts is today. It explains Jiu-jitsu grappling and its different styles better then any other book on the market." - 5 Stars
-- Bill Lewis (12/2001)
"One of my students got your book (The Master Text) and I personally think that is a great book. Very good technique and also good pictures. You are just making easy for people to learn."
-- Gustavo Machado (12/2001)

JIU-JITSU.NET
05-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Gene Simco happens to be a very important part of The Pit, our curriculum, and our fight team. Gene is a valuable resource to us, as well as a good friend. He worked Gan McGee's corner in his last UFC fight, Chuck Lidell, Team Quest (Randy Coture, Matt Linland, Dan Henderson), BJ Penn all respect Gene and find his book (The Master Text) a great learning tool. Good idea for any doubters...get your ass up to Poughkeepsie, NY, and see if can hang with Gene on the mat (not many can). -- John Hanckleman

"If you thirst for BJJ this is the spring from which to drink. This book covers a complete spectrum of details such as finding a school, belt ranking, injuries, conditioning, drills for strength, speed, and techniques. It also includes a brief history, FAQ, and interviews with highly regarded instructors. No one is left out either. If you are into sport jiu-jitsu, submission grappling, or vale tudo, it is all here. Techniques for positions, throws, sweeps, reversals, and submissions are abundant also and covered for all three styles. What is great about this book is the author will show a technique, then show the counter to it. At 328 pages, it is packed with solid knowledge. Don't expect to find useless information; it is not there. Some might find nicer books with nicer pages or more colorful pictures, but to me that is like garnishing on a plate, nice to look at but you can't eat it. If I am paying for a meal don't waste my time or money on garnishing; give me some more steak. If I want pretty pictures, I'll go to an art gallery. Also unique to this book is when a question arises, the author is able to respond at his website (www.jiujitsu.net). Get one before they are gone." Rating: A+
-- Dothan Jiu-jitsu Club (2/2002)
“Simco's book wins this Head-to-Head review, because of its strong array of techniques, easy-to-follow instructions, and depth of detail. Simco covers a technique, then shows you how to defend against that technique, then shows you how to escape (once your defense fails, I suppose). The Gracie book covers escapes and counters, but throws them in among primary techniques. As a result, the Gracie book ends up being a great sampler of techniques, but less of a systematic training text. Bottom line: 'Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: The Master Text' by Gene Simco: 5 Stars!"
-- About.com's review of The Master Text & Their Head-to-Head comparison of The Master Text & Gracie Book!