PDA

View Full Version : AT posts an OT!

African Tiger
05-08-2003, 08:29 PM
Yes, can you believe it?

Anyway, I'm trying to meet this chick that I met online. She lives in Amsterdam (heh, I actually have TWO reasons to go there now!) and for the life of me I can't find cheap tickets from Los Angeles.

I've tried all the major sites - Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, etc., but everybody wants at least $500. I found some information on traveling standby and as a courier, but it was kind of confusing.

So my fellow KFO'ers, including my European brothers and sisters, any advice on where to get a cheap airfare from Los Angeles to Amsterdam? I promise to bring home some killer weed and share it with the person who brings me the best price. :D Well, that would be international drug trafficing....ok, maybe not....

Serpent
05-08-2003, 08:38 PM
Go to the airport and mingle with the flight crews. Find a pilot that often works the LA to the 'Dam route. Make sure he's gay.

Buy him a drink and offer to give him BJ's in the cockpit all the way to Amsterdam, et voila: the flight won't cost you a penny!

Why do you think they call it the cockpit?

Serpent
05-08-2003, 08:38 PM
I've never tried this method, by the way, but I can't see why it wouldn't work.

joedoe
05-08-2003, 08:51 PM
$500 for a flight from LA to Amsterdam? Sheesh, you guys have it good and you don't even know it. For a trip from Sydney to Indianapolis in August, it is going to cost me 2600 Pacific Pesos! We can't even get from one side of the country to the other for less than $700 here.

Serpent
05-08-2003, 08:56 PM
He's right. Two return flights Sydney - London, the best deal I got yet was a companion fare special and that was still AU$2,400 for two.

Getting out of this country is one expensive exercise.

joedoe
05-08-2003, 09:07 PM
I find it funny that it is $200 cheaper for us in Sydney to fly to New Zealand than it is to fly to the other side of the country!

norther practitioner
05-09-2003, 04:01 PM
$500 is about as cheap as I can find too. Watch out for those internet people to AT.... they are all too crazy, raving and ranting about bjj, kung fu, etc.

Samurai Jack
05-10-2003, 07:51 PM
$500 is incredibly cheap compared to how the airline market has been going for the past few years. I frequently fly to various locations and paid $1200 about this time last year. I'd snap up tickets at that price if I were you. Why don't you pawn your stereo or go to a pay day loan place. (I said I'm a frequent Europe flier, but I never claimed to be rich!)