PDA

View Full Version : Does fighting raise testosterone level ?

TzuChan
05-09-2003, 02:26 AM
Hey, I was wondering, does all this fighting/sparring/training/workout do something to your testosterone level ? I'm just wondering cause all the longterm students at my place have all the scientific signs of high testosterone production (big jaws etc.. I saw it on National Geographic :)) This could be a coincidence for sure, but does it have any effect on the testosterone production ?

Former castleva
05-09-2003, 04:06 AM
"Hey, I was wondering, does all this fighting/sparring/training/workout do something to your testosterone level ? I'm just wondering cause all the longterm students at my place have all the scientific signs of high testosterone production "
Iīd say definitely.
Aerobic exercises like you mentioned,and especially weightlifting cause tst. release and reach their peak after the exercise (of course other hormones-growth hormone kick in)
While it is far too brave (if not stupid) to say that ppl with high levels of testosterone do look for similar activities/do well in them,it has been suggested that they may do well in such (and yes,if you hear someone say that testosterone "produces agression"-practice skepticism)
According to new neuroscientifical studies,it also influences the brain in ways never considered before (possibly affecting memory etc.) which you did not want to know though...

Robinf
05-09-2003, 05:31 AM
Castle,

Do you remember where you found that information?

I'd like to read the article on memory.

Former castleva
05-09-2003, 07:59 AM
Unfortunately itīs a secret.

Letīs see...here!
http://apu.sfn.org/content/Publications/BrainBriefings/testosteron.html

(I truly recommend this site,in general,for any neuroscience geek it will bring plenty of warmth)

Robinf
05-09-2003, 08:43 AM
Castle,

Thanks!

Former castleva
05-09-2003, 12:37 PM
"Castle,

Thanks!"
At your service.

Tzu,you did not delete a reply did you? I could swear I saw one... (I must be really bored :D )
A small sip of of high quality wine at times can be even beneficial for your brain but as in fighting,not to be taken in great amounts.

TzuChan
05-09-2003, 12:39 PM
Lol, I did not .... nono I did :) I thought he said it was BAD for the brain, but then I read the article and noticed how stupid my post was, so I quickly deleted it :)