PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun Defeats BJJ

Phrost
05-09-2003, 07:57 AM
And you guys said we'd never cover something like this.

Front page, www.Bullshido.com

ewallace
05-09-2003, 08:04 AM
That guy didn't practice True BJJ. :)

ShaolinTiger00
05-09-2003, 08:27 AM
More accurately, The guy didn't use true WT. :)

Every dog has his day. Good dogs get two.

Suntzu
05-09-2003, 08:48 AM
doing what it take to survive(win) vs USING TRUE WC.... yep... tuff choice :rolleyes:

fa_jing
05-09-2003, 08:55 AM
I don't think the two are mutually exclusive, actually--those methods worked for somebody.

The true WC is when you do that which is successful

Bwahahahaa

Suntzu
05-09-2003, 09:05 AM
The true WC is when you do that which is successful that makes too much sense and doesn't do butterfly kicks… that kinda thinkin' aint gonna float 'round here…

sticky fingers
05-09-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00
More accurately, The guy didn't use true WT. :)

So how would you define true WT??

Is it only stand up chain punches and chi sau? Are WT fighters not allowed to fight on the ground?

Can you imagine the ABSURD situation if the WT guy got the mount then thought 'ooops this isn't WT, better get back up and get'im with chain punches':rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KC Elbows
05-09-2003, 09:37 AM
I'd beat the crap outta you, but that wouldn't be true wing chun.:D

GreyMystik
05-09-2003, 09:38 AM
umm so was it "false" WT/WC/VT?

KC Elbows
05-09-2003, 09:39 AM
Until the spelling can be clarified, the lineage is completely up for grabs. It might even be Wang Chung. Hard to say.

Former castleva
05-09-2003, 09:52 AM
Tiger was obviously kidding.

rogue
05-09-2003, 09:55 AM
Nice reverse troll Phrost, you knew by paying WC a compliment that the WC players would be fighting amongst themselves in minutes.:D

Internal Boxer
05-09-2003, 10:50 AM
All systems of fighting are bullsh.it anyway who gives a fu.ck, I am sick of hearing this style beat that style.

When is a WC guy not a WC guy??

In my opinion as soon as they train against grapplers with sprawls, and learn to grapple themselves then they automatically become MMA, in fact the whole of the MA community should become MMA.

Sure everyone should practice their "style" but it should be viewed as an "INFLUENCE" rather that represent what they do as a whole. This is the only way for martial art EVOLUTION!!

KC Elbows
05-09-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Internal Boxer
All systems of fighting are bullsh.it anyway who gives a fu.ck, I am sick of hearing this style beat that style.

When is a WC guy not a WC guy??

In my opinion as soon as they train against grapplers with sprawls, and learn to grapple themselves then they automatically become MMA, in fact the whole of the MA community should become MMA.

Sure everyone should practice their "style" but it should be viewed as an "INFLUENCE" rather that represent what they do as a whole. This is the only way for martial art EVOLUTION!!

I like your philosophy.

sticky fingers
05-09-2003, 11:09 AM
I agree to an extent. However, if I add spinning kicks to my WC, does that make me MMA too?

Is Jeet Kune Do considered MMA?:confused: :confused:

Internal Boxer
05-09-2003, 11:32 AM
KC Elbows, nice to know someone shares the same opinion

Sticky Fingers, I hear what you say, if you add spining kicks then in the most loose sense it is MMA but the question remains is it REALITY MMA, the failure of styles to train against a skilled grappler, is the biggest piece of skill missing from their ability, and they will ALWAYS be vulnerable unless they have been trained in or against a grappler.

IF those JKD schools that take stand up, (ie, Thai boxing and western boxing) kick, punch and clinch range with take down and ground fighting then I would say it is MMA.

Lets not get hung up with words or definitions a fighter needs to be skilled in or be able to counter all ranges to deny this is to live in la la land

Phrost
05-10-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by rogue
Nice reverse troll Phrost, you knew by paying WC a compliment that the WC players would be fighting amongst themselves in minutes.:D

Not that I was going for that angle, but it doesn't take much to get WC/WT/VT/ETC people riled up. I trained in WC myself for about a year, and those guys like to do Chi Sau with words just as much as they do with their hands.

Personally, I think if they could just agree on the spelling of the dang art, most of the politics and issues would fade pretty quickly.

Now if I REALLY wanted to troll for a Wing Chun argument, I'd just start a thread titled "Bruce Lee learned nothing useful from Ip Man", sit back and watch.

yenhoi
05-10-2003, 09:33 AM
KC Elbows, nice to know someone shares the same opinion

Seems most people really really really really want a pigeon hole to stick themselves into. I doubt anyone anywhere shares the same style or influence and I dont think you can define "MMA" - its just another helpful category for randoms to put themselves into for whatever reason they decide they need a name to go by.

Gang/cult randomness mentality.